Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Just seen Nice are second in Ligue Un- ahead of PSG.
You are aware that PSG is owned by a completely different group of people than those bidding for Utd, right…?

Or are you seriously suggesting that because one group of Qataris are running PSG, you assume Utd will be run in the exact same way, with the exact same outcomes…?

Cuz that would be a comically xenophobic rationale to be guided by.

spwd

More likely is that Uefa change their competitions into something resembling more of this structure. The new 36 team format next season is the start of a transformation into the idea of more of the top teams playing each other in a league format. The problem for the Glazers is that 5 teams may well qualify for this new format going forward but United under Glazer ownership would still be a yo yo club 3rd-5th one season 6th-9th the season after.

I keep hearing they are waiting for the FIFA world club cup, we’ll they are not qualifying for that either as they are not wining the CL this year and they will not win the PL or generate enough ranking points.

So what are they waiting for, next summer they will have to invest £30m of their money or Jimmy Rats money, otherwise they won’t be able to make any transfers.
Completely agree. If they're not going to invest then there's nothing worth waiting for because to get into those competitions they need to invest heavily.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
You are aware that PSG is owned by a completely different group of people than those bidding for Utd, right…?

Or are you seriously suggesting that because one group of Qataris are running PSG, you assume Utd will be run in the exact same way, with the exact same outcomes…?

I am not aware of that and I am not at all aware that thinking it’s a state bid for the club makes you comically xenophobic.

Son

Interesting. God forbid we emulate PSG though, that is not what we should aspire for as a club post-Glazer.
We’d become even more of a laughing stock and hated than we are now.

It’s one thing rivals understand the Glazers a terrible owners but failing with a literal country backing you is as embarrassing as it gets surely.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
You’ve made over 20 posts in this thread prior to this post talking about Nice being shit.
You didn't answer either question but keep playing the WUM. Everyone sees through your bullshit act.

Fridge chutney

We’d become even more of a laughing stock and hated than we are now.

It’s one thing rivals understand the Glazers a terrible owners but failing with a literal country backing you is as embarrassing as it gets surely.
Couldn't agree more.

Son

Qataris are our only salvation, hope. Faustian deal with Mephistopheles(The Devil himself) as I like to call it. Red Devils will have to sell their soul to the Devil in order to be a formidable force in football they once were. There is no other way. Quite ironic, isn't it?

But I have a feeling Joel and Avram will push the Ratcliffe deal through(annoy the Qataris enough in the process). They want to stay as leeches at any cost, it looks like. It's almost look like a pathology/sadism, they just so enjoy destroying(doing what's wrong for) United, it's more than money, maybe.
Disagree completely. Liverpool did great for years and have far less power than we do in the game financially so had to gamble more with players which ran out eventually.

You can 100% compete on the field with a normal model as United. City are an exception not the rule and let’s be honest here. PSG are very beatable.

How much of it is Guardiola is a genius? Probably most of it the past almost decade or so alongside great signings

He’s a one off coach. It’s like us with Fergie. Had we had another manager would we have won so much?

I don’t recall Fergie dropping off much in 20+ years once the structure was right do you?

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
You didn't answer either question but keep playing the WUM. Everyone sees through your bullshit act.
My act is that when Nice were doing badly last year it was mentioned constantly (including by you) but now they’re doing well it’s never mentioned.

It obviously has no impact on how United were run but to post dozens of times about how Nice were shit last year and now they’re doing well question why it is being mentioned is clearly silly.

Pes6Monster

I am not aware of that and I am not at all aware that thinking it’s a state bid for the club makes you comically xenophobic.
Have you seen the video of Newcastle fans having a go at a Saudi protestor? It was on these pages not so long ago, after SJP hosted a Saudi friendly.

You may expect similar from ours whenever Qatar complete their takeover. Many are there already.

Isn't Beckham Qatar ambassador for awhile now?
Wouldn't read much into it
Aye, he's likely been paid to talk up Qatr and distract inattentive supporters. Buying off legends will be quite key in this regard. Neville has already compromised himself on HIGNFY, chuckling along to his own stupidity.

They will not be a silver bullet, which those supporting them obviously think they will be. The self-loathing will be worse. Like your beloved wife revealing she's a tory.

To echo the above, it would be textbook market abuse if the Glazers flippantly floated the idea of a sale in an attempt to raise share prices. The SEC would have a field day.
They haven't definitively stated a sale is absolutely their preferred option, just one option amongst many others.

PSG is the perfect example of what happens when the sheikhs get bored of their project. They are a shambles now.
They're bored because they want United now.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

PSG is owned by Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, the Emir of Qatar, via QSI. United are being bid for by Jassim bin Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, his brother, who abdicated his position as heir for Tamim to become Emir.

Completely different group of people! Massive xenophobia! :lol:

putzmcgee123

Me watching Round 673 of the Anti-Qatari vs Pro-Qatari "debate" with the exact same talking points from 8 months ago

Pes6Monster

PSG is owned by Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, the Emir of Qatar, via QSI. United are being bid for by Jassim bin Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, his brother, who abdicated his position as heir for Tamim to become Emir.

Completely different group of people! Massive xenophobia! :lol:
I think you have got your Sheikh Jassims all mixed up, bud.

However, the one who is supposedly bidding for United is a member of the country's royal family and has a job in a state-backed institution QIB.

wolvored

The thing with the Ratcliffe bid if it goes through, besides the parasites still being here, is the debt. How is that going to be cleared? The parasites will still have majority holding. The stadium, training, coaching facilities still need upgrading. We still need a transfer kitty. We will still be in the same boat, just so an old man can say he was part running Utd before he kicks the bucket. A vanity project all over.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I think you have got your Sheikh Jassims all mixed up, bud.

However, the one who is supposedly bidding for United is a member of the country's royal family and has a job in a state-backed institution QIB.
I see! Hate it when when that happens. :( Thanks for the heads up.

Apologies then @Rhyme Animal, but I still don't see how you can have a member of the same royal family as the PSG owners, and who have been reported using Al-Khelaifi to mediate part of the process as a completely separate entity.

spwd

More likely is that Uefa change their competitions into something resembling more of this structure. The new 36 team format next season is the start of a transformation into the idea of more of the top teams playing each other in a league format. The problem for the Glazers is that 5 teams may well qualify for this new format going forward but United under Glazer ownership would still be a yo yo club 3rd-5th one season 6th-9th the season after.

I keep hearing they are waiting for the FIFA world club cup, we’ll they are not qualifying for that either as they are not wining the CL this year and they will not win the PL or generate enough ranking points.

So what are they waiting for, next summer they will have to invest £30m of their money or Jimmy Rats money, otherwise they won’t be able to make any transfers.
Completely agree. If they're not going to invest then there's nothing worth waiting for because to get into those competitions

Rhyme Animal

I see! Hate it when when that happens. :( Thanks for the heads up.

Apologies then @Rhyme Animal, but I still don't see how you can have a member of the same royal family as the PSG owners, and who have been reported using Al-Khelaifi to mediate part of the process as a completely separate entity.
Apology accepted.

Next challenge for you is to figure out how many Al Thani family members are there that are ‘connected to the Royal line’…

Hint - it’s a 3 figure number.

Zora

They were referencing the comments made by David Beckham yesterday alluding to the Qatari bid.
Thank you, was that at the F1?

It’s kind of a nothing burger, no? Becks just saying we need better owners? What am I missing here?

putzmcgee123

Thank you, was that at the F1?

It’s kind of a nothing burger, no? Becks just saying we need better owners? What am I missing here?
I think those other posters were reading into Beckham's comments as an indication the bid is still alive and well.

lex talionis

A slow news day in the club sale front so all I would like to add here is that PSG are nowhere near United in terms of global interest and support.

And as much as it is true that City have dominated the PL in recent years, the PL is nothing like the one club league that is League Meh.

fallengt

PSG is the perfect example of what happens when the sheikhs get bored of their project. They are a shambles now.
tbf I'd get bored if I owned a football club in France too. Woo PSG won League 1, who fecking cares...
At United, win or lose, you'r never short of drama :drool:

Member 127762

how many Al Thani family members are there that are ‘connected to the Royal line’…

Hint - it’s a 3 figure number.
Could be three hundred million but it's by the by. The proqatar lads think it's Jassim.

So, that is just one member of the ruling qatari family.

The (real) Jassim is a state actor. Not racist to point out these facts.

Furthermore i have never liked Beckham. Fake. Always prwferred Nicky Butt.

Rhyme Animal

Could be three hundred million but it's by the by. The proqatar lads think it's Jassim.

So, that is just one member of the ruling qatari family.

The (real) Jassim is a state actor. Not racist to point out these facts.

Furthermore i have never liked Beckham. Fake. Always prwferred Nicky Butt.
It’s unquestionably xenophobic to suggest that the same individuals running PSG are the same ones bidding for Utd.

Moreover it’s factually incorrect and comically ignorant.

Member 127762

It’s unquestionably xenophobic to suggest that the same individuals running PSG are the same ones bidding for Utd.
Not really. I'd agree it's a bit ignorant but not at all xenophobic.

As you alluded to, the ruling Qatari family is rather vast and the confused parties are both frequently referred to as Sheikh Jassim. Seems an honest mistake which the poster was fit to retract.

One of the anti-Qatar bunch was on hand to clear up the confusion. The notion it's a state bid has not been in anyway debunked, either.

Think there's a tendency in the pro-camp to 'call out' naysayers as being 'xenophobic' and 'racist' when there is this type of error, and to ise it as 'proof' of their argument, but most of the time it is just an innocent mistake and nothing more.

dpansheth

Not really. I'd agree it's a bit ignorant but not at all xenophobic.

As you alluded to, the ruling Qatari family is rather vast and the confused parties are both frequently referred to as Sheikh Jassim. Seems an honest mistake which the poster was fit to retract.

One of the anti-Qatar bunch was on hand to clear up the confusion. The notion it's a state bid has not been in anyway debunked, either.

Think there's a tendency in the pro-camp to 'call out' naysayers as being 'xenophobic' and 'racist' when there is this type of error, and to ise it as 'proof' of their argument, but most of the time it is just an innocent mistake and nothing more.
Its not ignorant at all. You labeled them as one entity because they belong to the same family of probably thousands of individuals.
theres a tendency in the anti-camp to label everything related to state bid, rather than addressing a simple point on why your Jimmy boy is never able to clarify how he can bring joy to a common supporter, well except “put Manchester back in Manchester United “ .

there’s enough hypocrisy to go around, I’ll wait for you to acknowledge yours.

Member 127762

theres a tendency in the anti-camp to label everything related to state bid,
Well, if the bid is coming from an agent of Qatar's ruling family...

why your Jimmy boy is neve
Whose 'Jimmy Boy'?

there’s enough hypocrisy to go around, I’ll wait for you to acknowledge yours.
You are Laurence Fox in disguise?

Any ol' way, I have no idea what the heck you are on about and, frankly, either do you.

Status
Not open for further replies.