Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Getting to the point now where I don’t think they actually want to sell. I think they did it just to keep fans off their back for a bit. There a joke

Pes6Monster

He’s an owner who helped build a club from the ground up to the point they signed the greatest player who ever lived.
This implies Beckham founded a club and personally steered them through several divisions on a shoestring, with Messi joining for another reason than one last massive payday.

They've missed out on play-offs, having finished in the bottom two and Becks had to embarrassingly sack his equally under-qualified best mate's kid brother.

After the previous decade, United need better management than unqualified numpties making marquee signings, cronyism and the subsequent poor results.

Furthermore, Pele is the greatest player who has lived.

Top clubs aren’t Looking at VDS and asking about his qualifications from dingleberry university,
Full of mickey mouse courses n' marxists, innit?

C'est Moi Cantona

All very sad, but this is about as much as we've had since the Curtis story in August.

Probably all on the back of Beckham talking the other day though.

Strapman

Will Nine Two Foundation appoint a Sporting Director with no links to the club ?It would be a big mistake if they don’t. Fans are massively underestimating how quick you can turn Man Utd around. Just get the recruitment team right and you’re 40% there in fixing the club. Qatar have to build a recruitment team similar to Man City and Liverpool

Brophs

The One and Only
Fat Man 1 - 0 The entire rest of the media

Now if only airlines would stop losing his bags, he’d be like a dog with two dicks.

scorgasm

Last Man Standing champion 2020/21

I remember this account was spoken about a few months ago. I can't remember if people decided he was a spokesperson or full of crap but thought I'd share anyway.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

I remember this account was spoken about a few months ago. I can't remember if people decided he was a spokesperson or full of crap but thought I'd share anyway.
Full of crap. Someone found his posts on that account from a few years ago and it’s just an attention seeking child.

miked99

Yeah, lots of rumors going about twitter tonight, but not one solid source

"Sheikh Jassim on his move to Old Trafford: "We are close. Very close."

We're signing him now? Christ, I know we're not playing well but......hmmm, actually probably more useful than Sancho :angel:

Member 127762

"Sheikh Jassim on his move to Old Trafford: "We are close. Very close."

We're signing him now? Christ, I know we're not playing well but......hmmm, actually probably more useful than Sancho :angel:
He will certainly Sheikh things up. Sorry.

No major sources reporting anything past Beckham atm, most of our updates are from Qatar based posters, alas.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Groundhog day.

Man im so fecking tired of these attention seeking turds on twitter. Blocked hundreds tweeting this fake news.
Im tired of thread bumps citing these news. It's annoying when posters want to make up a stir again.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Some solid information tonight from genuine sources it seems! Well, they think they're genuine now they have that little blue tick they paid for haha.

I don't think anything has changed, but it's the hope that kills you

Woziak

Groundhog day.

Man im so fecking tired of these attention seeking turds on twitter. Blocked hundreds tweeting this fake news.

When will people learn, these morons are attention seeking imbeciles don’t believe a word, it may be that conversations are ongoing but we’ll all believe it when an official announcement happens and not before ?

cyberman

This implies Beckham founded a club and personally steered them through several divisions on a shoestring, with Messi joining for another reason than one last massive payday.

They've missed out on play-offs, having finished in the bottom two and Becks had to embarrassingly sack his equally under-qualified best mate's kid brother.

After the previous decade, United need better management than unqualified numpties making marquee signings, cronyism and the subsequent poor results.

Furthermore, Pele is the greatest player who has lived.

Full of mickey mouse courses n' marxists, innit?
I’m not saying it’s a great job or if he should even be hired nor did I say anywhere it was on a shoe string. Beckham basically revolutionised American soccer twice. He was the one given a discount to start up a franchise, he’s the one who got the consortium of owners together and he’s the one who reached out to Apple, Addidas and the league itself to wave it though. Say what you want but so far in his owners career it’s been proven many times that people want to associate their business and brand with Beckham. A CEO that has shown much reach would be very beneficial to an organisation, it’s not like we have all these CEOs moving fro club to club anyway, people who get these jobs have little experience as a CEO before they get the job at football clubs. Beckham would have a lot more relevant, real world experience than the vast, vast majority of people who get parachuted into these positions.
You’re all adding unnecessary parameters that doesn’t apply to the real world but I’m sure United will be scouting the best that Amsterdam university have to offer for the next CEO.
Innit

LordSpud

All these latest updates are from absolute nonsense accounts. I seriously hope no one’s getting their hopes up over this.
It's just because we are getting into the half way point of the month and Custis said it would be done by the end of October. Chancers getting their posts in.

Woziak

He’s an owner who helped build a club from the ground up to the point they signed the greatest player who ever lived. An owner is above the CEO. You can’t get any better formal experience than that and I’m not even saying Beckham should be offered the role.
Top clubs aren’t Looking at VDS and asking about his qualifications from dingleberry university, they’ll be looking at his results at Ajax, what he did wrong and what he did correctly and they’ll do the same with Beckham for whatever role might be offered to him
VDS went from marketing director at Ajax to CEO in 4 years. Say what you want about Beckham but owning a club is a lot more relevant to the CEO position than a candidates experience as a marketing director.

Assuming Qatar win and that’s not a guarantee as we’ve seen with false dawns before, the stronger rumour is David Gill would be CEO and David Beckham on the board as an international Ambassador or international marketing and recruitment director, all be it a more hands on EXEC role they create a title and he’ll be the face of the club, almost replacing our beloved Bobby Charlton who recently got diagnosed with dementia.

David Gill is beloved by the United fan base, in his early 60’s good friends with Naser Al-Khelaifi and sits on the UEFA Board already, compare A Management team of David Gill, Beckham as the link to Paul Mitchel as the new sporting Director to our current morons of Richard Arnold, John Murtourgh and Darren Fletcher who can stay as technical director for under 21’s and youth teams.

Brophs

The One and Only
Assuming Qatar win and that’s not a guarantee as we’ve seen with false dawns before, the stronger rumour is David Gill would be CEO and David Beckham on the board as an international Ambassador or international marketing and recruitment director, all be it a more hands on EXEC role they create a title and he’ll be the face of the club, almost replacing our beloved Bobby Charlton who recently got diagnosed with dementia.

David Gill is beloved by the United fan base, in his early 60’s good friends with Naser Al-Khelaifi and sits on the UEFA Board already, compare A Management team of David Gill, Beckham as the link to Paul Mitchel as the new sporting Director to our current morons of Richard Arnold, John Murtourgh and Darren Fletcher who can stay as technical director for under 21’s and youth teams.
Is he?

arnie_ni

Groundhog day.

Im tired of thread bumps citing these news. It's annoying when posters want to make up a stir again.
When will people learn, these morons are attention seeking imbeciles don’t believe a word, it may be that conversations are ongoing but we’ll all believe it when an official announcement happens and not before ?
I thought it was pretty obvious my post was a piss take. Guess not

Woziak

That’s what Tom the journalist was saying on two recent podcasts that Qatar want Alex Ferguson as leading Ambassador and David Gill as a pair of safe hands to run be behind the scenes with maybe a Qatari MD we’ll see, it’s all hypothetical at the moment

croadyman

There's a lot of noise right now after the Beckham interview. Is he really going to do the "we'll see ..." bit if there isnt something going on? Especially since the Qataris look like absolute mugs if they dont get it. You wouldnt think Beckham would poke the bear, and if they arent confident in taking us over.
Quite possibly because Rio did

Appletonred

Far too much smoke now for this to be anything other than an imminent announcement that the club has indeed been sold to Qatar, seems inevitable.

philippexyz

Calm down people, nothing is known, certain yet. Just be patient and play the game the way Glazers play it - slowly.

Status
Not open for further replies.