g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brophs

The One and Only
I haven’t read this thread today and will assume there haven’t been any developments whatsoever but can I just say, despite everything I’ve said in the past, that I don’t find it in any way weird that we’ll eventually be owned by the guy who seems to have made it his life’s mission to invent a jeep that can be power washed inside and out.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Be interesting to see if there's any public statement from INEOs in the next few days.
Part of me is glad we won't be another star funded sports washing club, yet the other part is angry that the Glazers will still be there at the helm for a while longer.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
I wonder if the Glazers are going this way in the hope that within the next few years the Super Leage becomes a reality and they can cash in big time?

Or maybe they'd look to agree a fee then hope the value of the club falls so they can make that money due to a pre agreed fee? Unless Jimmy inserts a clause where if the value increases the fee stays the same but if it decreases then the money owed goes down too? I've no idea

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Lets just hope that there is another bidder in the process we have not heard about

Ballache

Supports
Martial
I don't think the barbaric attack on Israeli citizens should be divisive at all. You can criticise that clearly and seperately, and also criticise the terrible harm being caused to the innocent people in Gaza.

Personally I don't really care about how the FA, the PL, UEFA, United or any club or athlete respond. However, many other people in Israel tend to be very sensitive toward such things. That includes United fans. it becomes even more sensitive when the pro leagues in the USA and sports franchises there respond in a very different and in a very clear way against Hamas.
I really don't want to get into a discussion about this because this is not the time or place for it.
I'll just say this, for you it's terrorism for others it's a struggle for freedom. The PL took the right approach in staying on the fence.
The US is a whole different story as they are directly involved in this situation. It's like praising the Iranian league for supporting Palestine.
Anyway, this is about the Glazers and how we will never achieve anything noteworthy under them. I hope INEOS do a full takeover because leaving these leeches in charge is a death sentence for us as a big club.
I didn't care who bought us, I just wanted them gone...

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I think the era of 'cycles' has ended to be honest. 'Cycles' existed when the playing field was somewhat level. City are way ahead of everyone anyway, but unless they suddenly get sold I don't think anyone's catching them. Well, except Newcastle of course but by the time they get to the top no-one will be catching them either.
Everyone thinks that when there team.

Barcelona were ridiculously dominant 10 years ago. These exact things were said about them. Pep left, they had inconsistencies, some other great years, and then a mini collapse. Real Madrid go through cycles. Man City are top currently cause of Pep. He will leave just like Sir Alex left us. They aren't top and dominant cause of their billions. Of course they wouldn't have pep without it, but Pep is the one who if they lose, they go back to normal.

United has continuously spent about as much as anyone else for years now. If they had a leadership who knew how to spend the money, we'd be right up there too. That holds true to this day. Arsenal have turned into a top team and operate on much lower funds. They have learned how to buy smart, sell smart, and build properly. Fair play to them. I hope United learns to do that. Because we have the size, finance and pulling power to far surpass anybody else if we learn to function as a smart club. With or without being oil back.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
On the other note, it'll be quite a thing for a new owner (or minority holder due to become owner) be despised as much as the Glazers before even taking control due to how he pretty much hopped into bed with them

Brophs

The One and Only
Finally, someone has given the Glazers the financial security to become the freewheeling football club owners they’ve always dreamed of being. Watch these eagles soar, boys.

Ian Reus

Ended 14 years of Grand National sweepstakes
What's with this stadium hyperbole? It needs a lick of paint but it's an iconic huge ground? Give me OT over the new shite anyday.

Invest in the training facilities etc yeh great. Screams of a bunch of people who've never been before talking bollocks.
You must mean that new 3D paint?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
TalkSports report that Shiekh Jassim has pulled out is complete and utter nonsence and is just false info being leaked by Raibe group to cover for tbe fact that despure everyone involved in the takeover has signed a strict NDA the news that the Glazers have signed off on the sale to Shiekh Jassim still got leaked.

Shiekh Jassim knows that 99% of genuine Man Utd fans want his bid to be successful rather than the partly Saudi funded bid from Sir Jim and INEOS so there is no way he would just pull out.
and you’re so certain because?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Why would we have defended it if they were the owners? I'll take their money but wont defend them for shit.
It's an inevitable part of what happens. Look at Newcastle. Plenty of their fans will ignore it, defend it, argue against protestors for them, etc. This is how it works when a state buys a club. I give you nice things and you turn a blind eye to the atrocities I do

Johnthedevil

At least we had the good times hey? Feel sorry for younger fans who never saw us in our pomp. Can't see us winning a title again in my lifetime.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Well the club is officially dead and buried now. We will become (or stay) in mid table mediocrity.

Like it or not the only way back to success and to balance/rebuild this club as a whole was somebody with a feck ton of money.

Greck

Wanting to co-own the club with the glazers is a red flag unto itself. Not even as a temporary arrangement. You know how they got the club to this point, you know it's problematic to provide liquid funds for their awful wealth draining management. It needs to be full sale or we might as well just wait for the glazers to hit rock rock bottom in another year.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
How would Romano know? He isnt involved in the negotiations and those that are cant legally release any info due to the strict NDA's they had to sign.
Dude, seriously... I've tried to justify things in the past, but with how everyone is reporting this, it's a brief from either Qatar themselves or from United.

Time to accept the unholy alliance of Glazer/Ratman

gaffs

Can someone clarify.

Is Ratcliffe bidding for 25% of the club or 25% of the Glazers 60-odd percent?
No one knows for sure. No matter what people on here say.

My guess, that this is a way to satisfy potential legal issues that minority shareholders may bring.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...takeover-Sir-Jim-Ratcliffe-Sheikh-Jassim-news

It was reported that Jim wanted to just buy the Glazer 69% at first, but the minority shareholders and speculators didn't want that, given that their stakes would plummet.

The fact he was bidding 69% would indicate that he has the $ and the desire to take control.

Marcelinho87

If anything it will be down to them funding and protecting a known terrorist group and we might even see official sanctions soon against doing business with those known to find such groups, as we often do after significant events such as last Saturday and the week just gone.
Qatar have more invested in the UK than the UK government itself haha they aren't sanctioning a damn thing.

Appletonred

We don’t want the Glazer’s to stay but this shiek was a bluffer. If he really had a the backing of Qatar we’d be in their hands by now.

End of the day if you can’t get the deal done it’s obvious maybe their plan wasn’t all that great. I heard zero in terms of their plan for the club it was all just “yeah we are gonna maybe bring this legend back”.

He didn’t even come to the day when people could look round the stadium.

Jim did and has a track record in sport. I do feels INEOS could do bits with a large club like United. They would have very good people behind the scenes for one. That’s a given with their resources and contacts in sport.
He offered double the valuation of the club along with investment on top, he certainly wasn't a bluffer.

Brophs

The One and Only
Jim and the lads will have so much to talk about next time they all go to the make believe pub.

mu4c_20le

How would Romano know? He isnt involved in the negotiations and those that are cant legally release any info due to the strict NDA's they had to sign.
The tweet: Sheikh Jassim’s team decline to comment on this news citing “confidentiality restrictions”, but have confirmed they’ve withdrawn from the process.

Obviously they can confirm that they're out without breaking NDA.

Amir

Anyway, this is about the Glazers and how we will never achieve anything noteworthy under them. I hope INEOS do a full takeover because leaving these leeches in charge is a death sentence for us as a big club.
I didn't care who bought us, I just wanted them gone...
Much like you, I hope we end up being bought by INEOS. Which is what I always wished for.

Not sure it's happening, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.