Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Feels like a long time ago when people genuinely thought this'd get resolved by March 2023!

We'll never know the real truth, but bar the obvious, the Jassim bid seemed to be the one that could be the game changer.

Oh well.

ScholesyTheWise

You are deluded. And one day you will regret your words as the incompetence continues
There is no way for either of us to know exactly how it would have faired...

incompetence is a bit better for me than soullessness.

For each their own.

Kostov

Prepare yourself for another 10 years of Arnold like incompetent corporate men in charge, winning the occasional Carling Cup and fighting for top 4.

Tarrou

What is the point in buying 25% in MUFC?

Class A shares don't pay dividends, so no value there.
The club won't sell 100% any time soon as even Qatar cant get a deal done, so no return on investment for 25%.

Clearly Ineos's first step to full control. Remember, The Glazers increased their stake in MUFC incrementally. And that was at a time when the ownership structure was far simpler.
surely they do?

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
In September 2020, Ratcliffe officially changed his tax residence from Hampshire to Monaco, a move that it is estimated will save him £4 billion in tax so he can instead put that into buying a new midfielder :drool:

prateik

Sir James Arthur Ratcliffe FIChemE outbidding Qatar.. hahah.. this is hilarious.
SJR autocorrects to this.. the caf mods have tuned rawkish..
I'll just enjoy it for now though.. Qatar getting outbid is glorious.

Redstain

Mike Keegan also saying the same as the times!
My issue is with the "is viewed", it's not definitive but projective. I don't think fans ought to be disappointed I reckon the club can go a long way with a proper DOF and investment which Jim has stated, the issue is the view to him becoming a full owner it's very subjective

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
This club won’t reach the top again for least another decade. Isn’t Sir Jim’s French side (Nice?) utterly wank and his ownership?

laughtersassassin

Let's fecking hope so and let's hope it won't take another decade
Should only take a year or two for majority control surely.

100% control might take 5+ years but that's really not that important. Once he has majority control asap that's all that matters.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Ratcliffe will be dead long before any plan to acquire 100% of the club comes to fruition.

And we know his track record of hiring utterly incompetent people for these projects anyway.
Bring Dave Brailsford and his dodgy drugs. At least the team will have more energy.

hobbers

He's just a stooge for the parasites. And he wont be around long enough to even get full ownership.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Prepare yourself for another 10 years of Arnold like incompetent corporate men in charge, winning the occasional Carling Cup and fighting for top 4.
Arnold like? Glazers are staying as owners. So not Arnold like. Arnold is here to stay. Along with Murtough.

Jassim was game changer. Glazers or Ineos.....are the same shit.

C'est Moi Cantona

Don't get me wrong I'm gutted, but I do think there would be an element of short term gratifcation and long term regret if we ended up been owned by Qatar,.

I mean just look at how much contempt and lack of respect anyone shows for City, and soon to be Newcastle, whether we generate the money fairly or not we'd always be doing mental gymnastics to jusfiy ourselves.

hobbers

Don't get me wrong I'm gutted, but I do think there would be an element of short term gratifcation and long term regret if we ended up been owned by Qatar,.

I mean just look at how much contempt and lack of respect anyone shows for City, and soon to be Newcastle, whether we generate the money fairly or not we'd always be doing mental gymnastics to jusfiy ourselves.
We wont need to worry about justifying success now because we wont be having any.

Amira

It’s hard to know what to believe but if it’s true that the Qatar bid was 5bn and it’s true that 25% is being sold for 1.3m that seems to value the whole thing at 5.2bn.

Ultimately I think it came down to giving the glazers what they want which is to eat their cake and have it. Get some cash and then still stay in.

I genuinely hope Sir Jim’s future takeover isn’t a smoke screen but I’m not optimistic.

I also hope his 25% stake can give him enough leverage to start making some changes around here starting with those above the manager.

Mainoldo

In simple. What authority will the Rat have. Can he employe new DoF and board memebers and will we have money for transfers.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Wanting to co-own the club with the glazers is a red flag unto itself. Not even as a temporary arrangement. You know how they got the club to this point, you know it's problematic to provide liquid funds for their awful wealth draining management. It needs to be full sale or we might as well just wait for the glazers to hit rock rock bottom in another year.
So are the Glazers and Sir Jim going to walk onto the pitch before a game, hand in hand to get the adulation from the crowd.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
It really wasn't, we as a club have outspent most.

Our problem is we haven't spent wisely or properly... we need sound people in charge to compete not some sugar daddy.
I think jassim would've brought in his own guys to run the club or if not he would've got the right guys in. He wouldn't settle for the likes of fletcher, Arnold, murtough fecking things up. There's also the fact jassim would've cleared the debt improved facilities etc

Ratty Ratcliffe will just be another glazer yes man to add to the list while OT and the club will continue to crumble.

DownRiver

By the time Ratcliff gets full control in the next 3-5 years, he will be nearly 80 years old! WTH are we going to see change?

gaffs

It's incredibly obvious that it's just a gradual takeover. Which is fine. Better than no takeover. This is very good news.
Agree.

We all wanted a full sale, but if The Glazers didn't want to play ball, it is what it is.

Far better to have some light at the end of the tunnel and see them losing control of the club, than them being in control indefinitely.

Ranie

I’m officially done with this club. Unfollowed the club on Twitter, deleted the United app and won’t be going to Old Trafford this season at least.

Hal9000

Gone is any chance of repairing all the damage and lack of investment the club has had the last 15 years. Stadium will still be crumbling, Carington will still be way behind the times.

prateik

RIP those negotiators who were told to not return to Qatar before finalizing the deal ..

Status
Not open for further replies.