Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zora

Don't get me wrong I'm gutted, but I do think there would be an element of short term gratifcation and long term regret if we ended up been owned by Qatar,.

I mean just look at how much contempt and lack of respect anyone shows for City, and soon to be Newcastle, whether we generate the money fairly or not we'd always be doing mental gymnastics to jusfiy ourselves.
Agree with this. I never wanted Qatar but would obviously take them over the Glazers.

Unfortunately, we have a lot of glory hunters who support us and want trophies. I don’t want us to be like City. I just want us to be able to spend our own money again.

Qwertymanutd

Don't get me wrong I'm gutted, but I do think there would be an element of short term gratifcation and long term regret if we ended up been owned by Qatar,.

I mean just look at how much contempt and lack of respect anyone shows for City, and soon to be Newcastle, whether we generate the money fairly or not we'd always be doing mental gymnastics to jusfiy ourselves.

I don't agree with that.
Everyone is mocking MU as a fallen club like Portsmouth

cyberman

It really wasn't, we as a club have outspent most.

Our problem is we haven't spent wisely or properly... we need sound people in charge to compete not some sugar daddy.
No, our problem is we spent money that should have been spent in infrastructure that made it look as if we outspent our rivals.
If we spent as we should have then we’d be well down the spend table

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
In simple. What authority will the Rat have. Can he employe new DoF and board memebers and will we have money for transfers.
He will have no authority at all. Nothing is going to change.

Zora

The thing with Jim though, he’s 98 years old. How is he going to be any use to us by the time he’s got full control of the club?

Dazzmondo

Mike Keegan also saying the same as the times!
What is the timeline for each new percentage bought? This needs to be written into the contract to be legally binding. Ratcliffe can want a gradual takeover all he wants but the Glazers aren't obligated to sell unless it's specifically stated within the contract with a certified date. So far, none of these reports about a view to a gradual takeover have said anything that suggests this would be legally binding.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
In simple. What authority will the Rat have. Can he employe new DoF and board memebers and will we have money for transfers.
Knowing this lot they will let him do it, then if it fails it is all his fault, but they will invest nothing and still get their little bonuses.

AndyMUFC

I must admit I never wanted to be owned by Qatar but really hope the Ratcliffe deal does end up being a takeover and we don't get stuck with them much longer.

Thom Merrilin

I am not familiar with what he said...do we know if they're talking about a binding agreement to buy the whole club in a few years, or has Jimmy Boy just compromised all the way?
According to his report, there is a route to 100% ownership including class A shares over 3-6 years and a controlling majority in a little as 1 year. He also says that Ineos will be able to inject funds immediately and have full control over what those funds are used for.

Marcelinho87

My question is, not possibly answered here but I'll ask anyway.

What if its 25% of glazers shares, not the club... wouldn't that make Jim the one with the biggest percentage of shares?

Idxomer

By the time Ratcliff gets full control in the next 3-5 years, he will be nearly 80 years old! WTH are we going to see change?
And then you begin to worry about whether his children have any interest or experience in football. It could be the Glazers all over again with just fewer kids.

Marcelinho87

No, our problem is we spent money that should have been spent in infrastructure that made it look as if we outspent our rivals.
If we spent as we should have then we’d be well down the spend table
Again though that boils down to incompetence not lack of funds.

bstb3

Shouldn't we be waiting for the details around the INEOS offer and what is accepted before panicking? There are a lot of statements being made with certainty here and we simply do not know what has been agreed. It could be awful, just a 25% with no say and no investment to the club - or it could be 25% with ringfencing agreements and assurances on inward investment being protected, future ownership and some say at board level on footballing matters.

It's disappointing we don't get the immediate overhaul sure, but look at PSG. Is that really what we want? Don't assume that we would have ended differently, or that the current path is worse. At least wait until we know. I appreciate thats not as much fun as rushing to claim the sky is falling, but be realistic.

redom

Seems like Jim played the game and came up with a way to get his foot in the door that the Qatar bid wouldn't entertain, I'm not happy with this 25% bullshit as it doesn't seem to help the club at all in the short term and who knows how long it'll take before they actually have any say in the running of the club in a meaningful way.

joedirt87

Can't wait to see the terms of this supposed takeover. Glazers gonna be here another 5-10 years. Qatar would have had to pay an obscene amount of money to beat Jim's offer.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
The last time I had a sinking feeling like this on a 'saga' ending was Brexit, a favourite subject of our new Glazer.

It was a feeling that the lunatics have taken over the asylum and suprise, surprise, it's exactly what happened.

Some of these top moral reds on here will try to paint it with the brush of 'it's not too bad' but anyone with any common sense knows we're done competing for the PL for the foreseeable. Frankly, I want to see us consigned to being shite if it means the Glazers and their extended family joining them lose.

feck the Glazers, I wish them all the worst in life and beyond if that exists.

DownRiver

Ratcliff knows that the PR campaign needs to be at its BEST.

He needs to show that he will eventually buy the club and invest INSTANTLY.

philippexyz

Well, at least we'll get Jean-Clair Todibo and Khephren Thuram from Nice for a discount fee, if they are willing to move to Man United.

Zora

This gif represents current mood on City, Pool, Celski, Arsenal and Spurs fan forums also.
Who gives a feck what they think? Every club in the land should be worried about Newcastle - because that’s who will dominate for decades to come.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Debt will remain and no new stadium for few years at least.

Qatar was not a great choice but the finances that is required to restart this football club wont come from businessman. Lots of pain ahead

L1nk

I find that reasoning comical, but I'm not trying to convince you otherwise, hence "fair enough" and I left it at that - hardly emotional.

meanwhile - you "Qatar didn't really want united" - despite them bidding way over the odds, and staying in this process for months - ignoring those facts because "they should have just paid w/e" - is to me, a much more emotional take and line of thinking

I mean, if you have a pair of trainers worth £20, I bid £50, you say you want £80 and I decided to walk away - the notion that I didn't really want it to be what you walk away with is odd and comical to me, but alas
It’s more akin to saying hey I have these trainers, maybe officially they are worth 20 pound, but they are one of a kind and they are an opportunity that don’t come on the market often, i want 50 please. You say, i’ll give you 40, they say no we want 50, and you say okay how about 42 with the promise i’ll clean the trainers after i’ve bought them, knowing full well you could easily stump up the remaining 8 to get to 50 too. They say no again and so you say well i’m not buying them then!!

Again, Glazers greed aside, that’s a more apt comparison

Nogbadthebad

The money he uses to buy the shares goes straigt to the glazers.

Amd not a penny will be seen inthe club. They have owned us for 20 years, and never put so much as a penny into the club, they won't start now.

This is the worst of all worlds.

I'd also say that qatar will switch to another premier league club now. And that will be another club we can;t compete with financially.

mu4c_20le

This gif represents current mood on City, Pool, Celski, Arsenal and Spurs fan forums also.
We already outspend everyone. Glazers out and doing it the right way under a local billionaire? I don't think City will feel like that haha

Status
Not open for further replies.