Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
The one I read was from months ago, so no idea, haven't paid much attention.

Ultimately none of us really know. Actions make a difference, and what is clear is that Ratcliffe was desperate to buy the club whereas Jassim wasn't doing much more than empty promises. What use is a promise of 1 bln here or there if your offer to buy the club isn't as much as the other person?
Jassim’s bid was multiple times over what Jim Brexit is bringing… like multiple billions over it.

The only thing that Jim is offering that isn’t LESS than Jassim is the Glazers staying.

Jim Brexit is funding the Glazers staying at Utd - that’s what is happening, nothing more and nothing less.

It’s investment, wrapped up (thinly) in a rhetoric to dupe / string along fans.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
If they had all these big plans for the club why couldn’t they just bid a bit more to actually buy the club. I never believe these promises, it’s an easy way to get the fans on board.
Logically, the more they need to pay to get the club, the less they have money to spend when owning.

Just like every other project, usually people set a budget.

Woziak

If they had all these big plans for the club why couldn’t they just bid a bit more to actually buy the club. I never believe these promises, it’s an easy way to get the fans on board.
It looks like it wouldn’t have mattered even if they bid £7 billion just for the Gkszrd shares they have it in their heads the club is worth £10 billion how does SJ counter that without looking a complete bafoon when Forbes overvalue the club at $6 billion, time to move on and more importantly for united fans to stop fighting amongst themselves!

Rojofiam

Am I right in thinking we will be the richest non-state-owned Premier League club after the full takeover is completed?

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Would debt associated with a new/refurbished stadium affect FFP?

hobbers

Jim Brexit is funding the Glazers staying at Utd - that’s what is happening, nothing more and nothing less.

Exactamundo

Jim "Glazer Stooge" Ratters

Castia

The one I read was from months ago, so no idea, haven't paid much attention.

Ultimately none of us really know. Actions make a difference, and what is clear is that Ratcliffe was desperate to buy the club whereas Jassim wasn't doing much more than empty promises. What use is a promise of 1 bln here or there if your offer to buy the club isn't as much as the other person?
Was desperate to buy Chelsea and Barce too and they fecked him off.

Let’s rejoice at his Klarma style bid that just lines the Glazers pockets yaaay

JagUTD

Am I right in thinking we will be the richest non-state-owned Premier League club after the full takeover is completed?
One of, if not the richest. These people's wealth tends to fluctuate quite a bit.

JediSith

We could have had the debt cleared. £2b for the stadium and training ground. The glazers out.

Now we have a guy who failed to buy Chelsea, failed to buy Barcelona, has failed with Nice FC. Has lowered his bid to accommodate the Glazers. Is using debt to buy 25%…

Feel gutted.

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
Coming up to 70 years supporting my team, sadly I don't see any future with another Rat onboard.
Feels like we’ve been waiting a decade for someone to point the club in the right direction. We had a glimmer of hope and it’s been taken away. The Glazers are cruel and vile, they don’t care about success, just money. That’s my simple take on it.

AshRK

Exactly. Regardless of what you might think of Ratcliffe, the Qataris failed. Either they were skint, or they fecked themselves politically.
Ratcliffe succeeded because they were willing to keep the Glazers. 25% is what they own. Basically we will still be run by idiots at the top. Only difference is Ratcliffe will show his face to the fans and keep giving false promise.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
I’m trying to find a positive in Sir Jim and there’s none.

We don’t deserve good things.
Do you really think he is going to take control and not try to be successful?

Yorke to Cole

Ha! I'd resigned myself to this not happening some time ago - still disappointed to hear the news

At the same time, I'd not be surprised to see a Sir Jim bid fall apart and Sheikh Jassim still reappear in the future

All very sad for the future of the club anyway
I think it is now clear that the two protagonists did not want to sell entirely. It is imperative for INEOS to gain control as soon as they can. Was the David Beckham interview a last ditch PR? Or did they believe that Jassim had won it after yet another 6th bid?

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
We could have had the debt cleared. £2b for the stadium and training ground. The glazers out.

Now we have a guy who failed to buy Chelsea, failed to buy Barcelona, has failed with Nice FC. Has lowered his bid to accommodate the Glazers. Is using debt to buy 25%…

Feel gutted.
:lol:

El Zoido

Am I missing something with all the 40/50/60 year supporters claiming this isn't the club they grew up with?

Those periods would include a long, baron period, including a relegation. Have at no point seen the club or fanbase desperate for shady investment, in fact involved numerous large scale protests against such potential owners.

The club today, because of things like the fanbase wanting unpalatable owners is the difference. Because of people like the Glazers, because of clubs like City and Newcastle destroying the game. Not because we've not ended up under Qatari control for god sake.

Jesus people.
People just want owners that put the club first, nothing more, nothing less. That’s why the Qatari bid was attractive, regardless of supposed “sports washing” motives, it was in Jassim’s every interest to inject money in to making every facet of the club best-in-class. Club first. This will absolutely not be the case under the proposed SJR/Ineos deal, we’re more likely to see private equity investment and more milking of the club as nothing more than a revenue-generating machine in order to filter any profits to a select few stakeholders.

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Will this guy invest?
To achieve what?

• The club is not his,
  • he doesn't control it,
  • he doesn't have enough money (if he had it he would have given Glazers what they want long before),
  • if he invest then the club doesn't achieve success by the time Glazers leave it will be advantageous to Glazers to leave a sinking ship while being helped by another person to incur the troubles. So Jim has to be calculative in his investments especially when Glazers are around.
  • Glazers have never invested in the club, will they accept to 'invest' now ( in the form of sanctioning investments to the club and NOT taking money first from Jim)
  • Just as human nature, Jim will try first to get control, buy the club first before sanctioning major investments. How do you invest in something that's not yours completely? No matter the paperwork / agreements. Opposite is correct How will Glazers sanction investments when they know in 3 years they are leaving? And how will the 2 entities clash with regards to Club investments?
  • The worst scenario... Jim might come, tries to do 1,2,3 then see's how difficult it is to bring the club back to top level, decides not to sanction more purchase of Glazers shares and we are left with Jim + Glazers till another strategic review is announced. Let nobody lie to you it's a guarantee he will invest or buy all Glazers out.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Ratcliffe succeeded because they were willing to keep the Glazers. 25% is what they own. Basically we will still be run by idiots at the top. Only difference is Ratcliffe will show his face to the fans and keep giving false promise.
And in the process, made himself an absolute villain to the entire fanbase that he's trying to get on his side.
This is going to be a Glazers Mk2 when he takes over, i'm sure of it

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Jassim’s bid was multiple times over what Jim Brexit is bringing… like multiple billions over it.

The only thing that Jim is offering that isn’t LESS than Jassim is the Glazers staying.

Jassim's bid valued the club less than Ratcliffe. His bid was for a higher percentage yes, but Ratcliffes still is a 25% start while progressing to a full takeover. The total value is what counts. Not just what someone earns today. Jassim was well within his rights to do the same, or up his full takeover offer to be equivalent to the total value that Ratcliffes bid values the club at.

That's the crux of it. Qatar could've upped their bid. They chose not to pay up and lost a straight money competition.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
We are done as.a club. This was our opportunity to go with big boys and failed miserably. I don't care if it's Jim or Jassim as long as they invest. Jassim atleast promised to invest money in infrastructure while Jim has done feck all.

It will be Jim instead of Glazers. Glazers atleast spent money . Who knows what kind of ownership Jim is going to be.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
What people have forgotten is that it’s possible to want the Glazers gone and to not want to be part of a state sponsored sport washing project.

The whole "this is the darkest day ever for Manchester United" is ridiculous hyperbole.

Gycraig

Supports
Hull
Am I missing something with all the 40/50/60 year supporters claiming this isn't the club they grew up with?

Those periods would include a long, baron period, including a relegation. Have at no point seen the club or fanbase desperate for shady investment, in fact involved numerous large scale protests against such potential owners.

The club today, because of things like the fanbase wanting unpalatable owners is the difference. Because of people like the Glazers, because of clubs like City and Newcastle destroying the game. Not because we've not ended up under Qatari control for god sake.

Jesus people.
It’s one thing to have a baron period, it’s another to be owned by incompetent owners who have leached 1.5b from the club while letting the stadium rot and picking terrible staff over and over again.

You don’t need to be super successful but just the feeling someone competent was running the club and wanted to at least try to be the best with best in class hires above the manager.

All this has done is added another mouth to feed at the top of of the pyramid.

I would genuinely take relegation if it meant the glazers cleared off.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Nice are still unbeaten in the French league.

INEOs have it sorted. :D

AshRK

And in the process, made himself an absolute villain to the entire fanbase that he's trying to get on his side.
This is going to be a Glazers Mk2 when he takes over, i'm sure of it
I am ready to give him a chance but am not too optimistic

Superunknown

What people have forgotten is that it’s possible to want the Glazers gone and to not want to be part of a state sponsored sport washing project.

The whole "this is the darkest day ever for Manchester United" is ridiculous hyperbole.
I'm there. I just want my club to be clean and rid of the ticks and leeches.

AshRK

Happiest people today would be Murtough Arnold and other fools. Their job is saved.

Fridge chutney

People are not forgetting, they are arguing in bad faith and melting down because they didn't get what they wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.