Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I’d prefer Edwards tbh…
Didn't Edwards leave the scousers because he wanted to play consultant to multiple clubs and not be stuck in one place?

I know we pay well but if he genuinely thinks he can be a consultant at the highest level, surely he won't take this job which is just a lot of downside and little upside.

3KDré

In before Adnan arrives to comprehensively explain why PM's a spoofer. TBH I'm reserving judgement either way...
Everywhere he's gone the teams have produced quality players when he was there. Southampton and Spurs especially... and they've not replicated it since. Leipzig will produce talent always, but Monaco was in a slump before him and now have produced since he's come in. It's safe to say his track record is spot on so far. More exciting to me is Jean Claude Blanc. I have to say, I did want the Qataris - but the things I am hearing from Jim are very encouraging.

Castia

If true, excellent news. I like what I am hearing with him and Jean Claude Blanc.
Years behind the curve as usual. In 2018 it might have been an inspired appointment in 2023 he’s coming off the back of a terrible spell at Monaco. Crap

Hal9000

I was under the impression FFP dictated what we can spend.
Clubs are permitted to spend up to €5 million more than they earn per assessment period (three years). However it can exceed that level to a limit if it is covered by a direct contribution from the club's owner.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Years behind the curve as usual. In 2018 it might have been an inspired appointment in 2023 he’s coming off the back of a terrible spell at Monaco. Crap
Terrible?
What was terrible about it?

stevoc

Clubs are permitted to spend up to €5 million more than they earn per assessment period (three years). However it can exceed that level to a limit if it is covered by a direct contribution from the club's owner.
Ok but by how much can they exceed it?

And over what period do the books then have to be balanced again?

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I think Edwards understandably holds himself in too high regard to get involved with a club where the Glazer goblins retain some level of footballing-related decision-making power, as looks likely whatever the final terms of the deal here.
No DOF worth his weight in gold will want to partake in this toxic scenario with dual-ownership.

crossy1686

career ending
No DOF worth his weight in gold will want to partake in this toxic scenario with dual-ownership.
Never understood this attitude to be honest, and it strikes as the kind of person you definitely don’t want around anyway. It’s easy to want to work for a club that’s winning absolutely everything and your presence and role doesn’t even have an impact on the running of things but you’ll get all the praise anyway.

Anyone with any form of drive, ambition or confidence in their job will see the chance to return United to the top of the tree and work for one of the biggest clubs in the world. It’s a dream for most people who actually want to achieve something in life instead of being a passenger.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
What? There are a myriad of factors as to why it may not have worked out at Monaco his track record otherwise speaks for itself.

At least he knows the industry unlike the sorry lot we have at the moment.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Why am I seeing tweets that Ratty wants to get rid of ETH for Graham Potter??
You aren’t. You’re seeing aggregator accounts report that Dave Brailsford likes Graham Potter and would consider him if Ten Hag didn’t work out.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Never understood this attitude to be honest, and it strikes as the kind of person you definitely don’t want around anyway. It’s easy to want to work for a club that’s winning absolutely everything and your presence and role doesn’t even have an impact on the running of things but you’ll get all the praise anyway.

Anyone with any form of drive, ambition or confidence in their job will see the chance to return United to the top of the tree and work for one of the biggest clubs in the world. It’s a dream for most people who actually want to achieve something in life instead of being a passenger.
It's a situation that is set up for failure and not having blinkers going in. The decision-making process will be laborious if not ambiguous.

Surely you have been in situations where you were offered roles that you think are sub-optimal?

You will have all the responsibility without the authority in this case.

stevoc

depends if we pay off some of the debt, doesn't it?
Well I'm not sure how quickly doing that would affect how much we could spend in January.

But more importantly, do you expect Ineos/Jim or the Glazers to pay off any of the debt before January?

Woziak

Well I'm not sure how quickly doing that would affect how much we could spend in January.

But more importantly, do you expect Ineos/Jim or the Glazers to pay off any of the debt before January?
They might have to pay £30m into the club just for FFP reasons whether they want to or not ?

Brophs

The One and Only
I know his bid had bigger problems but I can’t help but feel happy we don’t have this absolute fanny owning our football club. Cast iron certainty he’d have gotten in a ruck with Mark Hughes about handshakes within a fortnight of arriving.

Yorke to Cole

I know his bid had bigger problems but I can’t help but feel happy we don’t have this absolute fanny owning our football club. Cast iron certainty he’d have gotten in a ruck with Mark Hughes about handshakes within a fortnight of arriving.
I watched an interview with David Ornstein and he insinuated that the Glazers deviated very quickly from the full option when "exploring strategic review". Some posters on here have also drawn to the same conclusion. I think I now agree with that as well. As soon as it was apparent that there were not going to be multiple offers for a full sale, that option was gone.

I think they did manipulate the circumstances and increase the shares.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
“Striking back” with a strongly worded letter? That should get through to the Glazers.

stevoc

They might have to pay £30m into the club just for FFP reasons whether they want to or not ?
They might well do mate I wouldn't know for sure, but even if they did I don't imagine £30m would make too much of a difference given the prices of players these days. The rumours are Ten Hag much like last January won't have much to spend so we'd be shopping around in the loan market again.

putzmcgee123

I watched an interview with David Ornstein and he insinuated that the Glazers deviated very quickly from the full option when "exploring strategic review". Some posters on here have also drawn to the same conclusion. I think I now agree with that as well. As soon as it was apparent that there were not going to be multiple offers for a full sale, that option was gone.

I think they did manipulate the circumstances and increase the shares.
I think it's worth pointing out that Doha News are just aggregating a story as reported by some Twitter account called "Sports Zone."

With that in mind, I still agree entirely. It seems highly likely that at least one (likely two or more) of the Glazer trust fund babies would only agree to a full sale at a stupid, unattainable price (maybe the £10B reports were actually correct after all), so in effect, I think in hindsight, a full sale now was always a pipe dream.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Have the Glazers sold any shares in the past year? Manipulating share price accusations are going to be very hard to prove.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Everywhere he's gone the teams have produced quality players when he was there. Southampton and Spurs especially... and they've not replicated it since. Leipzig will produce talent always, but Monaco was in a slump before him and now have produced since he's come in. It's safe to say his track record is spot on so far. More exciting to me is Jean Claude Blanc. I have to say, I did want the Qataris - but the things I am hearing from Jim are very encouraging.
He wasn't the sporting director at Southampton, it was Les Reed, he wasn't Spurs DOF but head of recruitment and their recruitment was subpar, he wasn't a DOF for Leipzig either. His first job as a Director of Football was for Monaco before that he was essentially in charge of scouting, the analysts or development.

For Monaco his work can only be described as directionless. He has generally done a good job at a level below the main football decision makers but it's a mystery if he can do the job of the main man.

putzmcgee123

Have the Glazers sold any shares in the past year? Manipulating share price accusations are going to be very hard to prove.
Regardless of that, there are going to be serious questions asked by the Class A shareholders at the end of this review.

Barring an unforeseen outcome resulting in the full acquisition of those Class A shares, it will be interesting to see how the Glazers and the Board justify how rejecting an offer of reportedly around $33/share is in the interest of the shareholders. Some sources have suggesting after the withdrawal that Jassim's bid tried to give a lower valuation to the Class A shares. Perhaps there were some other issues that would have affected its viability that we don't know about.

clarkydaz

Regardless of that, there are going to be serious questions asked by the Class A shareholders at the end of this review.

Barring an unforeseen outcome resulting in the full acquisition of those Class A shares, it will be interesting to see how the Glazers and the Board justify how rejecting an offer of reportedly around $33/share is in the interest of the shareholders. Some sources have suggesting after the withdrawal that Jassim's bid tried to give a lower valuation to the Class A shares. Perhaps there were some other issues that would have affected its viability that we don't know about.
I believe any devaluing of the quatar bid afterwards is to make people forget the loss of what could have been, and accept the reality of the owners staying

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.

maybe the gap between the debt and income will be better with the investment... but this is why I'm not an accountant (along with a lot of other reasons)

Rojofiam

You most certainly have no idea whether Mitchell would be a success at United or how well he did at previous clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.