Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woziak

This is all beyond optimism. It is the kind of talk suited to the muppetry of the Transfer Forum.

Carrington - 10k stadium at Carrington? Do you know how difficult that place is to access and how there is zero public transport nearby? How do the thousands of cars get in and park?
I would be interested to know what the plans are at Carrington. Liverpools new training ground cost £50 million.
Player Lounge - New one already built at OT

Anthony - I don't see the manager admitting fault here. There is potential to get more out of him.
Sancho - Very hard to shift on a 350k wage as reputation in the mud. Who takes that salary on?
Varane - You not think Saudi Arabia realize that he is always crocked?

Todibo - Maybe for a fair price. But do INEOS want to disrupt Nice when doing so well?
Thurham - Loaning out one of Nice's best players?
Toney or Osimhen - :lol: We just spent 80mil on a striker. To do what, sit on the bench behind a 100-150mil striker?
A young striker that could also play from
The bench or right wing, he fits Eric’s mandate left footed right inverted striker, Hojlund is potential, United need a goalscorer 13 goals in 12 PL is beyond awful, which is why as soon as Martial goes a new striker is coming bin.

No one sits on the bench long at united as a third of the squad is always injured !

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Very interesting. Maybe hedging their bets and banking some of the gains made when they saw share prices peak at over $26.

There was a relatively small dip when Qatar pulled out, which may indicate that investors are mixed on whether INEOS will move to buy the rest of the class A shares.
I would have thought shares prices would plummet post the 25% news.
I don't see why it should plummet, but I personally expect SJR is just buying Glazer shares and, since he's paying a premium for them, this will then establish that Class A & B shares have a totally different value

Woziak

This is all beyond optimism. It is the kind of talk suited to the muppetry of the Transfer Forum.

Carrington - 10k stadium at Carrington? Do you know how difficult that place is to access and how there is zero public transport nearby? How do the thousands of cars get in and park?
I would be interested to know what the plans are at Carrington. Liverpools new training ground cost £50 million.
Player Lounge - New one already built at OT

Anthony - I don't see the manager admitting fault here. There is potential to get more out of him.
Sancho - Very hard to shift on a 350k wage as reputation in the mud. Who takes that salary on?
Varane - You not think Saudi Arabia realize that he is always crocked?

Todibo - Maybe for a fair price. But do INEOS want to disrupt Nice when doing so well?
Thurham - Loaning out one of Nice's best players?
Toney or Osimhen - :lol: We just spent 80mil on a striker. To do what, sit on the bench behind a 100-150mil striker?
I did say this what Sir Jim’s manifesto needs to look like for fans to accept him after getting in bed with the Glazers even if for a temporary period and yes we need an elite number 9 asap.

putzmcgee123

I don't see why it should plummet, but I personally expect SJR is just buying Glazer shares and, since he's paying a premium for them, this will then establish that Class A & B shares have a totally different value
That contradicts what has been widely reported about the current offer from Jimbo. The Board will have to deal with lawsuits fro the Class A shareholders if such a deal is accepted. We probably won't have to wait much longer to know for sure.

I expect it to be 25% of the outstanding B shares and 25% of the outstanding A shares, and there will likely be some kind of stipulation that converts the A shares he is buying into B shares (or some kind of change to the share classes). The current share structure is essentially rigged to ensure no non-Glazer can have any meaningful influence.

Of the B shares that are tendered, I am incredibly curious to see if each sibling will sell 25% of their shares, or if certain cretins named Joel and Avram will sell fewer than the other siblings (or none). I think it will say a lot about Joel and Avram's true intentions of remaining as investors in some capacity in the long-term. Much has been said about them clinging on, let's see if that is the truth.

Footyislife

How being worth almost 30 billion pounds is being poor? Also you have to take into account he has another investing vehicle via his company, aside from his personal networth.

I prefered Qatar, but sir Jim is an upgrade on the Glazers and is wealthier than Abramovich or Sheikh Mansour.

Also as many had said, United is a commercial behemoth, we can compete with the likes of City just by getting our house in order and hiring the right people. Hopefully Jim can accomplish it, but that remains to be seen.
Have you ever looked at how much the UAE & Saudi Funds are worth? Add a 0 to Jim's net worth and multiply by 2.5.

Also Jim's net worth includes his INEOS stake which isn't a liquid asset. There are all kinds of restrictions on accessing that wealth and utilizing it.

Footyislife

As has been said a million times, you dont need oil money to win. We have spent at much as City but have wasted the majority of it by employing muppets.
You are right in that we didn't need it initially with a brand like ours.

But having been mismanaged we have an outdated infrastructure, huge debt, and a subpar squad. All of which will take a lot of money to fix to compete against City.

JB7

You are right in that we didn't need it initially with a brand like ours.

But having been mismanaged we have an outdated infrastructure, huge debt, and a subpar squad. All of which will take a lot of money to fix to compete against City.
We don't need it. No club ever has or ever will need it. It's a fecking disgrace that countries are allowed to own or heavily assist any football clubs for whatever basic vain reasons they have, and I don't care whether that's sly nonsense like the City of Madrid buying Real's training ground for about £638bn or the pathetic joke clubs like Manchester City or PSG. I'd sooner see United in League 2 than end up like either of them two "clubs".

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
We don't need it. No club ever has or ever will need it. It's a fecking disgrace that countries are allowed to own or heavily assist any football clubs for whatever basic vain reasons they have, and I don't care whether that's sly nonsense like the City of Madrid buying Real's training ground for about £638bn or the pathetic joke clubs like Manchester City or PSG. I'd sooner see United in League 2 than end up like either of them two "clubs".
you are missing the point

RedDevil@84

Agree with this.

Meh. Without finalizing how much control they would have in club activities and clarity, INEOS would not have done any scouting. Lot of the talk seems to be wishful thinking about INEOS coming in as a saviour to tackle everything from infrastructure to squad to even a new manager right from Day 1 and they preparing everything and preparing a perfect plan, interviewing and finalizing all details of every role that needs to be filled to execute the plan and loads and loads of finer details.
There will be progress, but I don't think it will be as instant as the media are trying to make people believe.

Marcelinho87

Of course - building a bigger pile of cash for the Glazers. Revenues/value of shares more important than sporting success. Ratcliffe has built his empire by scooping up struggling businesses, stripping them down, putting his own people in where necessary whilst being hands on until it turns a profit but unlike vulture capitalists he keeps them. Rinse and repeat. Utd won't be any different. This is about Ratcliffe acquiring a self-sustaining asset that requires a little investment to turn big profits 5-10 years from now. Do the research, dig deeper, apply logic and most of all - listen to Bruce Lee:

"You will continue to suffer if you have an emotional reaction to everything that is said to you. True power is sitting back and observing everything with logic. If words control you that means everyone else can control you. Breathe and allow things to pass."
Yes, Britains richest man is hedging all bets on making Manchester United profitable so that he can make a few extra million in his 80s…. Ignore the fact that he makes more with INEOS than United will ever look to make.

come on.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Again, James Roades has been very useful throughout the takeover process.
I agree.
I don't understand the hate (maybe it's the American accent) but for me, he's the best source out there and has been pretty good for the most part. He probably does oversell his ITK status but I find him to be very informative.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Do you not think INEOS has been planning for 6-12 months? They will already have targets.
I'm sure they have, but implementing a brand new organisational structure doesnt happen overnight, the transfer window opens in 6 weeks and i'd be surprised if we have the structure in place to to hand a war chest to EtH in Jan.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
No he's not.
United don't need state ownership to succeed again. Fact.
What fact? There is a difference between factch and emotional desires.

Who is pay the debt and it's every increase cost? The long overdue infrastructure upgrade? They are an anchor or noose on our ability to invest on players going forward.

Our current revenue levels arent enough to support and debt repayment or serious infrastructure upgrades.

Any repayment of the debt or infra investment will not be from our current financial model. It's sugardaddy like Ratcliffe who wil have to invest. Otherwise we are just kicking the can down the road.

If Ratcliffe fails at his attempt then the debt repayment costs & infra investment required wil just grow to the stage whereby sugar daddies can't afford it anyway.

Then state funded entities will be the inevitable option

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
That contradicts what has been widely reported about the current offer from Jimbo. The Board will have to deal with lawsuits fro the Class A shareholders if such a deal is accepted. We probably won't have to wait much longer to know for sure.

I expect it to be 25% of the outstanding B shares and 25% of the outstanding A shares, and there will likely be some kind of stipulation that converts the A shares he is buying into B shares (or some kind of change to the share classes). The current share structure is essentially rigged to ensure no non-Glazer can have any meaningful influence.

Of the B shares that are tendered, I am incredibly curious to see if each sibling will sell 25% of their shares, or if certain cretins named Joel and Avram will sell fewer than the other siblings (or none). I think it will say a lot about Joel and Avram's true intentions of remaining as investors in some capacity in the long-term. Much has been said about them clinging on, let's see if that is the truth.
All speculation at the moment and anything is possible so we wait and see, but yes will tell us a lot if certain Glazers sell and others dont.

out of interest though where exactly has it been reported that SJR will buy both A and B shares?
Seems the market don't expect this given the share price.

Pes6Monster

No he's not.
United don't need state ownership to succeed again. Fact.
The problem here is though you are absolutely correct, Man Utd do not need state ownership, having it may not be an impediment. If anything, too the weak-minded, it's likelier we'd dominate football for an eternity.

It'd be completely immoral. But who cares when you're top and 'owning the Scouse'?

Football supporters have been raised to see 'our club' as the only viable moral and the danger in this is manifest on sportswashing. Most realise this is dangerous folly but, well, there is always the devout, the true 'holier than thou' to whom club fealty trumps all else, including matters moral.

Watching Newcastle supporters bang on about 'the West' trying to defend Saudi Arabia is deeply embarrassing but, trust me, despite its transparency their defence is wholly sincere.

What's worse is those knowing it is wrong doing nothing about it. A good example of this is broadcasters 'shutting down' conversations regarding it. Institutions like The Guardian will erase your account if you keep it up, and they're supposed to be liberal.

It's great we dodged a bullet with Qatar but it's a small victory in the grander scheme.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I'm sure they have, but implementing a brand new organisational structure doesnt happen overnight, the transfer window opens in 6 weeks and i'd be surprised if we have the structure in place to to hand a war chest to EtH in Jan.
It’s not happening overnight though is it? It’s a year possibly more in the making.

M Bison

Supports
York City
It’s not happening overnight though is it? It’s a year possibly more in the making.
You know what i mean though, if deal completes end of month and they all start the day after, its not much time to get things working operationally before window opens

Berbaclass

Meh. Without finalizing how much control they would have in club activities and clarity, INEOS would not have done any scouting. Lot of the talk seems to be wishful thinking about INEOS coming in as a saviour to tackle everything from infrastructure to squad to even a new manager right from Day 1 and they preparing everything and preparing a perfect plan, interviewing and finalizing all details of every role that needs to be filled to execute the plan and loads and loads of finer details.
There will be progress, but I don't think it will be as instant as the media are trying to make people believe.
They have been taking data and analytics out of the club for ages. Do you think they will only start looking at personnel once they are confirmed or do you think it’s likely they have plans for multiple things that they can put into action once ratified. These guys haven’t been sat around doing nothing.

Berbaclass

You know what i mean though, if deal completes end of month and they all start the day after, its not much time to get things working operationally before window opens
To an extent yes but I feel they will have contingency plans in place for day one. What they are who knows

putzmcgee123

All speculation at the moment and anything is possible so we wait and see, but yes will tell us a lot if certain Glazers sell and others dont.

out of interest though where exactly has it been reported that SJR will buy both A and B shares?
Seems the market don't expect this given the share price.
Hard to keep track of who reported what, and when, but I know it was notably mentioned by Laurie Whitwell and Mark Kleinman. When Bloomberg broke the news that Jimbo's bid was revived by finding a way to satisfy potential issues with Class A shareholders, I don't think they mentioned how.

Chumpsbechumps

Would be very interesting if SJR came in and allowed a significant expense in Jan (presuming it could be done around FFP).

Id want squad signings that strengthen the team, not specifically for ETH.ETH has to show flexibility.

Our priority is a striker, preferably one in late 20s, early 30s who can share the load with Hoijland. This is a massive issue for me that’s being under played.

I’m terms of other positions I’m not sure what to do. I don’t really want anymore wingers as it feels like we just keep signings lads who don’t work out. Make the lads there just work, I haven’t given up on Rash or Anthony (even though I’ve not been convinced).

Another CM and quality defender (CB) wouldn’t go astray but I’d prioritise a striker over everything. Also when players are back from injury we have a decent squad and decent options.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Hard to keep track of who reported what, and when, but I know it was notably mentioned by Laurie Whitwell and Mark Kleinman. When Bloomberg broke the news that Jimbo's bid was revived by finding a way to satisfy potential issues with Class A shareholders, I don't think they mentioned how.
Hadn't seen that Athletic article - some interesting detail there about our 12 person board who will vote on any investment or takeover proposal. The main bit I didn't realise is that 3 of the 12 board members are supposed to represent the interests of the minority shareholders.

If SJR is buying both A and B shares then I can only assume he's paying a different price for each class, if not then the current NYSE share price doesn't make any sense and even less sense to see the likes of Ariel selling a chunk even now.

I'm still expecting that he buys only the Glazer shares, whether this comes from all 6 of them or just 3 or 4 will tell us a lot.

Zora

Which is relevant to the tweet I posted because what?

I share and advocate that particular opinion.
I have come to the conclusion that you’re either that James guy or at least related to Muppetiers in some capacity. You’re always posting their tweets and whenever anyone criticises them, you always seem to get extremely defensive.

So basically, Hi James :)

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
They have been taking data and analytics out of the club for ages. Do you think they will only start looking at personnel once they are confirmed or do you think it’s likely they have plans for multiple things that they can put into action once ratified. These guys haven’t been sat around doing nothing.
I’m sure that they will have plans, be remiss not to, but I think we need to calm down our expectations, nothing will improve overnight. They don’t have a magic fix. They will apply what in their opinion is the right way forward but only time will tell

Berbaclass

I have come to the conclusion that you’re either that James guy or at least related to Muppetiers in some capacity. You’re always posting their tweets and whenever anyone criticises them, you always seem to get extremely defensive.

So basically, Hi James :)
If you didn’t notice that tweet isn’t from or about Roades

PeteRae

What's actually interesting about this is QIA in February became a major investor in Ariel. Whether or not they've dumped stock due to conflict of interest I don't know. Probably nothing, but maybe a little something. Certainly is the only thing interesting about a significant class A shareholder dumping some stock.
Or insider trading and making a quick buck. (Leaking info about the takeover was raising the stock price of utd high so they would sell for double their price). They maybe were never interested in a takeover but mainly interested in manipulating the price for their own gains.

Berbaclass

I’m sure that they will have plans, be remiss not to, but I think we need to calm down our expectations, nothing will improve overnight. They don’t have a magic fix. They will apply what in their opinion is the right way forward but only time will tell
I’m not suggesting that there is a quick fix. I’m simply saying that I think it’s highly likely they will have a few things they want to prioritise in the short term, potentially including player acquisitions.

You will have to forgive me for trying to be optimistic mate.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I'd be worried we've got ourselves into another mess if Ratcliffe comes in and starts throwing money around on players in January. I'd feel more confident in him if he takes time to assess things with a proper team of people. No transfers in January, spend time assessing players and the manager (if he's still here).

Status
Not open for further replies.