Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I'm more aware of Mitchell's career than Freedman, but Guehi, Olise and Eze are all good finds. I think my main issue is these are all English youngsters. I'm sure his knowledge of young English players is excellent, but at Utd we need someone with a global network and knowledge. I'm not sure he's shown he has that yet, unlike Mitchell.
Signed guys like Doucoure and Andersen from France too.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Whenever I look in here it's like a mega transfer thread but with even worse sources throughout. Muppetiers :lol:

Dazzmondo

Signed guys like Doucoure and Andersen from France too.
Andersen's a great one for sure. One of the best cbs in the league imo. Doucoure's pretty good but certainly wouldn't be anywhere near the level required at Utd.

Seven Seas Sardines

Mitchell seems to have incredible PR but from what I’ve read still don’t see why. Palace have made some top young signings in my opinion. Edwards still has to be the one though surely.
If we don't go full out for Edwards I have no trust in our new football structure. Dream scenario is him as DOF and Mitchell as Head of Recruitment.

DanClancy

Mitchell a United fan I assume? Can someone explain why he's so highly rated to someone who knows nothing about him apart from he's a manc?

seasidedaz

I late twist the MEN are tonight reporting that American Billionaire Leon Cooperman has bought 1 million Shares in united for a reported value of $16.8 billion time they told the supporters what is going on.

Dazzmondo

Mitchell seems to have incredible PR but from what I’ve read still don’t see why. Palace have made some top young signings in my opinion. Edwards still has to be the one though surely.
Are you serious? Mitchell's responsible for the signings of Alderweireld, Tadic and Mane at Southampton, Trippier, Alli and Son at Spurs, Nkunku, Konate and Olmo at Leipzig, and Tchouameni, Disasi and Vanderson at Monaco. He's clearly one of the better DOFs out there and has had some massive successes.

Michael Edwards is great too. I'd be happy with either of them.

Laurencio

It's been Paul Mitchell rumours since early May, rumours he's involved in recruitment plans, and now the Daily Star mention that Freedman is Ratcliffe's prefered target. Every source is linking the article in the Daily Star. And even that article concedes that Paul Mitchell is the favorite of Ratcliffe.

Ratcliffe has already drawn up a short-list of preferred replacements - with former Southampton, Tottenham and Monaco man Paul Mitchell the early favourite. Ex-Liverpool pair Michael Edwards and Julian Ward are also possibilities.

However, the influence of Brailsford in is significant and he is pushing for Freedman, 49, to be be involved.
Doesn't actually outline what "involved" means.

Pes6Monster

'I don't remember anyone saying, 'wow, look at what Palace are doing'': Rio Ferdinand questions why Sir Jim Ratcliffe is thought to be targeting Dougie Freedman as Man United's new sporting director

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...dinand-sir-jim-ratcliffe-dougie-freedman.html

Agree with Rio here... unless he's bringing Eze and Olise, it seems pretty underwhelming
It's a huge shock that Rio 'Please Let This (Qatar) Be True' Ferdinand is sceptical of Ratcliffe.

In all fairness, he is right to be cautious but Freedman at Palace has done a solid job.

Perhaps we should not view him as though still a player. Freedman. Rio was alright!

What the feck? We becoming some billionaires super club?
Becoming?

Board have always been at United for cold cash. Even John Henry Davies when clearing out debts only did so because he knew football was profitable in the big cities. Certainly not because of a dog.

Qatar would have been something of a departure in this regard. They'd have profited wildly but its angle was always primarily political.

Dougie Bloody Freedman???
Between Hey Dougie and Bluey (Mitchell).

I'd prefer Phil Mitchell. He supports United in real life and is a man of action. Perhaps ten Hag could hire him as some sort of Fergie-era enforcement factotum.

Team him up with Roy Keane. Prowl the streets for gossip about player behaviour and 'sort it aht' before it hits the papers. If unavailable, go with Big Norm and Viv Anderson instead.

All four and I'll drool.

Sorted.

pascell

I'm more aware of Mitchell's career than Freedman, but Guehi, Olise and Eze are all good finds. I think my main issue is these are all English youngsters. I'm sure his knowledge of young English players is excellent, but at Utd we need someone with a global network and knowledge. I'm not sure he's shown he has that yet, unlike Mitchell.
Anyone who watched them against United at u18 level knew they were going to make it, especially Olise.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.

Cooperman, 80, has purchased one million shares in the Red Devils valued at around $16.8 million (£13.4m), as per a recent filing. The founder of New York-based Omega Advisors, he is thought to have a net worth of $2.6 billion (£2.08bn).

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins

Cooperman, 80, has purchased one million shares in the Red Devils valued at around $16.8 million (£13.4m), as per a recent filing. The founder of New York-based Omega Advisors, he is thought to have a net worth of $2.6 billion (£2.08bn).
He looks evil.

Woziak

Maybe to get you on side, who has been anti Ratcliffe from the start.

For me, bringing in people with competence would be a massive start. As would be the promised $300mil of investment, wherever that ends up.

I don't need a 10 point manifesto promising this player or that. We will start to see changes, but it takes time to turn a huge ship around.

And bear in mind, INEOS may be limited in what they can come out and say to fans. They are, after all, only minority owners.

So they intend to keep the Glazers into the next decade then, let me be clear for the last time I’m anti anyone who enables the Glazers to continue to run the club into the ground. If sir Jim is sincere and intends to own 100% of the club, most fans will rally round his tenure, however if he’s a 7th Glazer, he’ll soon be found out just like fans who supported him who probably supported ETH and now want him out, they’ll quickly change if Ineos Fail too.

I’ll watch with close attention at the true flip floppers, who will soon be imploding after 12 months of INEOS because like you said they are only minority owners so they can’t do much?

19Dan81

The guy owns shares in Apollo and Apollo has QIA investment. Qatar also used a $400m acquisition loan with Apollo for Park Lane Hotel in August this year.

He was also charged with insider trading in 2016 by the SEC.

gaffs

So they intend to keep the Glazers into the next decade then, let me be clear for the last time I’m anti anyone who enables the Glazers to continue to run the club into the ground. If sir Jim is sincere and intends to own 100% of the club, most fans will rally round his tenure, however if he’s a 7th Glazer, he’ll soon be found out just like fans who supported him who probably supported ETH and now want him out, they’ll quickly change if Ineos Fail too.

I’ll watch with close attention at the true flip floppers, who will soon be imploding after 12 months of INEOS because like you said they are only minority owners so they can’t do much?
I agree. If the plan is to stop at 25%, i'm not into that at all.

If the plan is to move towards majority control, im happy to get behind it and see where it goes.

People will be lambasting Jim and INEOS when the Jan window closes if we haven't signed Mbappe, Osimhen and the ghost of Pele. That is the ways it goes on here!

gaffs

I late twist the MEN are tonight reporting that American Billionaire Leon Cooperman has bought 1 million Shares in united for a reported value of $16.8 billion time they told the supporters what is going on.
This is really interesting. When did he buy them?

Could be an indication that those class A shares may be about to pop.

hobbers

Freedman = bargain bin Brexit FC signing guru

Would be a case of one important decision for 1 giant mistake, a promising start

Status
Not open for further replies.