Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcelinho87

Typical caf, making up their minds and writing somebody off based off of nothing.

If it’s Freedman then so be it, we get behind him until we have a reason to criticise.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Speaking of typical caf. . .
Typical caf is moaning about DoF because the name is not sexy enough or he didn't sign young players with awesome potential like they did on FM.

"What Unknown gems did he sign" must be one of the dumbest takes about DoF.

Sir Erik ten Hag

Typical caf is moaning about DoF because the name is not sexy enough or he didn't sign young players with awesome potential like they did on FM.

This should be the criteria to judge a head scout, rather than a DOF.

Woziak

I agree. If the plan is to stop at 25%, i'm not into that at all.

If the plan is to move towards majority control, im happy to get behind it and see where it goes.

People will be lambasting Jim and INEOS when the Jan window closes if we haven't signed Mbappe, Osimhen and the ghost of Pele. That is the ways it goes on here!
Let’s just hope that the sporting Hex that goes with INEOS comes to an end with their investment into united, their track record currently with football is truly awful.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Typical caf, making up their minds and writing somebody off based off of nothing.

If it’s Freedman then so be it, we get behind him until we have a reason to criticise.
What do you mean? We have so many resident experts in multitude of subject matters here.
Many DOF inspectors here

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic

Tom Van Persie

No relation
From Daniel Taylor's latest article

Ed Woodward, the Glazers’ go-to man, departed in February last year. Arnold, who replaced him, is expected to be replaced by Jean-Claude Blanc, the former Juventus chief executive who left a high-ranking role at French champions Paris Saint-Germain last December to oversee the INEOS Sport portfolio.

Acquire Me

Speaking of typical caf. . .
You got the perfect circle at the Caf.

1. Not good enough(unpopular choice/not a household name)

2. Give the guy a chance. Unproven not the same as not good enough.

3.1 Not good enough camp/Give the guy a chance camp angry we didn’t get unpopular choice before unpopular choice became a household name.
3.2 Not good enough camp told you so.
3.3 Give the guy a chance camp happy United gave the guy a chance.

4. Go again.

Suv666

I mean our largest bottleneck has been recruitment, it does make sense to prefer DOF’s under whom great signings were made.

Mitchell has worked mostly as the head of recruitment till now, he’s the name that makes most sense. Wanting a “recruitment-minded” DOF is logical, nothing dumb about it.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I mean our largest bottleneck has been recruitment, it does make sense to prefer DOF’s under whom great signings were made.

Mitchell has worked mostly as the head of recruitment till now, he’s the name that makes most sense. Wanting a “recruitment-minded” DOF is logical, nothing dumb about it.
Yeah but no one said wanting recruitment-minded DOF is dumb or illogical. It's this obsession with unearthing hidden gem, not even sure what that means in this era where every twitter bloke is creating reports from Romanian second division leagues.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Seeing a lot of 'good riddance' style takes for Arnold.

From what I have seen he seems a pretty genuine guy and I do get the impression he cares about the club. He's made some feck-ups (mainly Greenwood and some transfers) but I don't really get the animosity.

MDFC Manager

From what I have seen he seems a pretty genuine guy and I do get the impression he cares about the club. He's made some feck-ups (mainly Greenwood and some transfers) but I don't really get the animosity.
Yeah I get you. And essentially wasn't he thrust into the role? His previous work on the commercial side is quite stellar.

clarkydaz

Ultimately he's a Glazer guy, we need a whitewash

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

When it comes to DoF the grass will always be greener elsewhere

Rojofiam

Spot on.

Agree. However, even if I don't hate the guy, I don't think he will be sorely missed.

scorgasm

Last Man Standing champion 2020/21
Other reports suggesting that Patrick Stewart has been leading on takeover related discussions in recent weeks and months so makes sense INEOS / Glazers would want him in interim charge.

Orange Tree

Had no idea captain Picard works at United.

Anyway, Arnold feck up Greenwood's issue and the new board will want their own guy in, so this is to be expected. Murtough will probably be gone too.

Status
Not open for further replies.