Conor McGregor vs Floyd Mayweather | Again?

Claymore

Conor lasted longer than Hatton did.

Hatton got sparked out and dazed and confused by Mayweather, McGreggor was gassed and stopped by the ref. Its a stoppage in boxing but Connor was on the way to falling over from his own movement.

I don't know UFC so well, people say Mcgreggor suffers with cardio but he certainly looked to be breather heavier since even round 3 or 4 IMO. 6 he was tired.

Classical Mechanic

A pretty awful strategy if you ask me. Let the other guy gas and then start fighting.
It is the perfect strategy against a bigger game fighter who can't box. Conor let the occasion get to him a came out giddy, he proceeded to expend all his energy and became very scatty and was there to be taken apart. It is what you would expect from a novice.

Floyd has been renowned throughout his career for making 'adjustments' in fights and learning in the early rounds before taking over, credit to him as well because he does it all himself as all uncle Roger advises in his corner is to 'whup his ass'. Not many fighters can work out strategy themselves as the fight evolves.

The rope-a-dope strategy you allude to was also used very famously by Muhammad Ali.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rope-a-dope

Neutral

BTV
I'm not sure whether I buy Mayweather just letting him do his work in the first few rounds but it wouldn't surprise me. Being cynical you'd say Mayweather probably could've had him on his arse in 10 seconds but played the match out for the propaganda and spectacle.

Like McGregor said though, why not just let them continue the damn fight until he's out on the floor. If nothing else he deserves it for being a gigantic bellend.
Floyd threw like 8 punches the 1st two rounds. That's it. He was clearly feeling him out.

And no he wasn't going to knock out McGregor after 10 seconds...that's never been him.

Pscholes18

Hatton got sparked out and dazed and confused by Mayweather, McGreggor was gassed and stopped by the ref. Its a stoppage in boxing but Connor was on the way to falling over from his own movement.

I don't know UFC so well, people say Mcgreggor suffers with cardio but he certainly looked to be breather heavier since even round 3 or 4 IMO. 6 he was tired.
He was mouth breathing in the second.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Has Floyd protected the good name of boxing with that win?

Rematch in an octagon or Floyd is a fanny.
Bollocks argument really. McGregor at least has boxing experience even if it's amateur and I bet it's a damn sight easier to go from MMA to pure striking. Mayweather's never been in an octagon and probably has no clue about takedowns and the rest. Plus the massive weight difference.

Rematch in a Hell in a Cell shoot fight with weapons, climbing on the top of the cage and Mick Foley somehow flying off and landing through an announcer's table then through the cell roof to the ring and then smiling with his tooth in his nose for a cameo.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout

UFC only has 3 rounds of 5 mins (or 5 of 5 in title fights) so it's a bit different.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Anyone know a good website where someone can watch the fight? I am sure there is a Russian hosting website out there that will not get blocked from showing this fight.
Had to check your recent postings to see if I could find more about your bet

But this post puzzled me. You put 15k on a fight but not able to find a few quid to buy the Ppv?

Irrational.

Always humble? He spent the entire build-up promising to knock out the greatest boxer of this generation in 2 rounds.

The man's a greedy, shameless prick and an embarrassment to your country tbh.
Spot on. At least he can return to cage wars with his tail firmly between his legs.

"Taking over boxing" :lol: what a delusional bellend.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
It was a one off financial opportunity for both of them.
Well, yes. But why is it allowed? How is it not a disgrace to the sport? We're just paying some bloke to suffer brain damage. We all know he can't win. It's just a question of how many hits to to head it takes before the referee stops it.

IhabX7

Mcgregor kept mentioning Floyd's age in the promos, and how he's in peek shape while floyd is washed up. Looked as if Floyd could've gone an hour more while Conor started fading from round 5.

RedIke

Much more entertaining than i ever could have thought it would be. Props to Connor. Impressed, just too bad the fight wasnt over after 5 rounds. Lol.

It was just a matter of time. Good night for all involved. Floyd takes his win and money. Connor puts in a decent shift and gets his money. While the UFC got to see their superstar be just not good enough to leave them for good.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
Bollocks argument really. McGregor at least has boxing experience even if it's amateur and I bet it's a damn sight easier to go from MMA to pure striking. Mayweather's never been in an octagon and probably has no clue about takedowns and the rest. Plus the massive weight difference.

Rematch in a Hell in a Cell shoot fight with weapons, climbing on the top of the cage and Mick Foley somehow flying off and landing through an announcer's table then through the cell roof to the ring and then smiling with his tooth in his nose for a cameo.
Holly Holmes and plenty of other boxers made the transition and uses boxing as their main tool to get by.

What you described up there is what goes on in the WWE.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
From the 5th round on it looked like Mayweather had gone hiking, barely missed a forward step and was throwing all sorts of stupidness. Utterly took him apart.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Well, yes. But why is it allowed? How is it not a disgrace to the sport? We're just paying some bloke to suffer brain damage. We all know he can't win. It's just a question of how many hits to to head it takes before the referee stops it.
Why not do it? It's fun to watch. That's the whole point behind sports