Conor McGregor vs Floyd Mayweather | Again?

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Mayweather fecked up his entrance. You know he was trying to time it so that he arrived on stage just as the drum fill dropped.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Anything other than an early stoppage win for Mayweather is unthinkable.

Don't get me wrong, I can't stand the wife beating prick and hope he gets hit by lightning on his way to the ring.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Its not uncommon for fighters to put on 15 lbs of primarily water weight after the weigh-in. Obviously it all balances out since both fighters are doing it. But yeah, they wind up in what are different weight classes, but that's ignored. Its what you weigh in as that counts as your weight class.
Good to know, thanks!

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Isn't this Mcgregor a UFC fighter? And won't the fight be a boxing match? How is he actually supposed to win this if that's the case?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's getting $100 million for half an hours work. That's winning.
:lol: Fair enough, but it appears to be a bit of a joke of a sporting occasion.

I wouldn't mind him just UFC style smashing the crap out of the woman-beater, mind you.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
McGregor looks more desperate with each passing media engagement. He tries so hard - so, so hard - to get a reaction out of opponents and, in this instance, Mayweather is so relaxed, it's untrue.

Mayweather looks comfortable at the weight. He's in unbelievable shape, as good as he's ever looked, whereas McGregor looked pretty darn drained. Talk of McGregor cutting to 145lbs to fight Aldo is missing the point: he still had a huge height, reach and power advantage in that bout, advantages which won't matter a jot v Mayweather as he's taken on bigger and better boxers before than McGregor (Canelo looked at least one weight class higher than him on fight night, if not more) and came through unscathed whilst delivering a boxing masterclass.

McGregor, some are arguing, doesn't look worried yet, but he will come round two or three tomorrow when he finally realises the monumental task in front of him. As Floyd put it, "Point to the easy work." There will be a lot of finger-pointing in McGregor's direction.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Irish fans are incredibly deluded. If McGregor challenged Federer to a match half of them would convince themselves that he has a legitimate shot at winning because Federer hadn't ever faced such an unorthodox (read shit) player before. It's like a goddamn cult.

Buchan

Irish fans are incredibly deluded. If McGregor challenged Federer to a match half of them would convince themselves that he has a legitimate shot at winning because Federer hadn't ever faced such an unorthodox (read shit) player before. It's like a goddamn cult.
I agree wholeheartedly, but I must say, it's the McGregor cult, not just Irish fans.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
McGregor looks more desperate with each passing media engagement. He tries so hard - so, so hard - to get a reaction out of opponents and, in this instance, Mayweather is so relaxed, it's untrue.

Mayweather looks comfortable at the weight. He's in unbelievable shape, as good as he's ever looked, whereas McGregor looked pretty darn drained. Talk of McGregor cutting to 145lbs to fight Aldo is missing the point: he still had a huge height, reach and power advantage in that bout, advantages which won't matter a jot v Mayweather as he's taken on bigger and better boxers before than McGregor (Canelo looked at least one weight class higher than him on fight night, if not more) and came through unscathed whilst delivering a boxing masterclass.

McGregor, some are arguing, doesn't look worried yet, but he will come round two or three tomorrow when he finally realises the monumental task in front of him. As Floyd put it, "Point to the easy work." There will be a lot of finger-pointing in McGregor's direction.
Yeah I thought that was pretty noticeable. Mayweather looks like he strolls around at that weight all day long, he looked really fresh.

Classical Mechanic

Yeah I thought that was pretty noticeable. Mayweather looks like he strolls around at that weight all day long, he looked really fresh.
TBH I think McGregor is fine at that weight. Mayweather usually fights at 147lbs and looks very low body fat. He looks very comfortable at 154lbs but fighters generally cut to where McGregor is. It is when they look grey at the weigh in and someone hands them a drink and food as soon as they get off the stage that it becomes more telling.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
It's really not all Irish fans. But yes some do seem a bit OTT

Can I ask which poster you were before the name change?

lewwoo

More looking forward to the Golovkin v Canelo fight. This is just a circus that drags down the name of boxing in my opinion. If Mayweather doesn't win and win emphatically then he hasn't taken it seriously and proves he has just taken the fight for cash.

Trizy

:lol::lol::lol: posts stating McGregor looked nervous when that is exactly how he acts at every weigh in.
Ya I didn't get that. The biggest fight of his career was probably against Aldo and he knew he was gonna crush him and acted in the exact same way.

Both fighters are full of confidence. Massive McGregor fan but I just can't see Mayweather loosing but Conor does have a chance so that's what roping us all in.

Should make for a good fight all the same. Looking forward to it.

Moonred

I look forward to it regardless of all the circus around it. I don't mind Conor especially considering he is going against a wife beater. However, mayweather is boxing royalty and it's difficult to see anything but a win for him.

Ideally both knock each other out and lose in this huge money exchange event.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
He'll see 30-40% of that, tops. McGregor is still very much Dana White's plaything.
I thought the 100m figure was after the UFC took their cut? Whereas Floyd is saying he'll get quite a bit more than that, talking near 300m all told.

Buchan

I thought the 100m figure was after the UFC took their cut? Whereas Floyd is saying he'll get quite a bit more than that, talking near 300m all told.
It's a Mayweather show so he'll take the vast majority of the earnings. UFC/Dana White take the next highest percentage and then you've got McGregor.

The fight will need to make about $1bn for McGregor to make $100m plus. I don't see that happening, personally.