Could they void the PL due to the Coronavirus? | No | Resuming June 17th

Alabaster Codify7

I think there's more chance of it returning than null and void.

Theyre doing everything in their power to delay this decision = they want to finish the season. Give it 2 weeks, see what Boris says, they will try and do BCD.

Megadrive Man

Supports
Liverpool
Do people realise that the Netherlands haven't voided the league?

They have chosen classification when games have been stopped. They haven't declared a champion because two teams were level on points. If Ajax were 25 points clear they would have been declared champions.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper

They have chosen classification when games have been stopped. They haven't declared a champion because two teams were level on points. If Ajax were 25 points clear they would have been declared champions.
You do not know that, you are just speculating.

We don't know that at all

dwd

Saturday Night Spies

:lol:

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

You're saying they would have, for example, awarded Ajax the title had they been 25 points clear at the top, but ignored the relegation/promotion battle going on at the bottom?

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
He’s right they haven’t voided the league but they have declared it unfinished without a champion or relegation. However, if Ajax were 25 points clear they would have already won the league, unlike Liverpool who haven’t. If the Prem was abandoned there would also be no champion.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
True but I'd be very surprised if they weren't awarded it - Ajax that is, if they were 25 points ahead in Holland. :wenger:
Why would they award Ajax the title but disallow teams from getting promoted or relegated?

They made the league null and void because it was the only sensible option available to them. Points differences at top middle or bottom did not enter the decision making process.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Why would they award Ajax the title but disallow teams from getting promoted or relegated?

They made the league null and void because it was the only sensible option available to them. Points differences at top middle or bottom did not enter the decision making process.
Didn't the Dutch government ban all sport until September as well? Seems like the government would've forced their hands to some extent.

jymufc20

Yeah I'm sure they would have said that unfortunately because one team are only 25 points ahead its too difficult to declare a champion, so we've decided not to crown a champion this year.
Who the feck gave you 5 likes ? All's I have seen from you is the same consistent drivel. How would you declare a champion but ignore relegation places ? There is more important things going on at the moment than football yet all's you are bothered about is arguing the toss over why Liverpool should be declared champions, have a day off.

passing-wind

I think we are in a bad position irrespective, if the league decided to make this season void we are stuffed for transfer targets because we will be back in Europa League next season. Those of you who are going ballistic over Sancho will be disappointed.

It just goes to show how much of a terrible season we have had while under Solskjaer this campaign. We have had repeated opportunities to comfortably clinch fourth spot and our lack of consistency will ultimately decide our season if we don't have remainder games to see it out.

My question is if the FA do decide to void this season and we are resigned to Europa League, please tell me how Solskjaer deserves to still be in charge heading into a 2021 season ?

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Who the feck gave you 5 likes ? All's I have seen from you is the same consistent drivel. How would you declare a champion but ignore relegation places ? There is more important things going on at the moment than football yet all's you are bothered about is arguing the toss over why Liverpool should be declared champions, have a day off.
To be fair this thread has seen plenty of posts from United fans as well. It is a thread that impacts every football supporter after all, although I do agree that some of his posts have been a bit daft.

jymufc20

Didn't the Dutch government ban all sport until September as well? Seems like the government would've forced their hands to some extent.
The same will happen in Britain how can the government tell everyone to keep their distance from everyone, don't go and visit family ect but oh by the way a contact sport like football can carry on behind closed doors.

This, in my opinion is what the Premier League are waiting for, they can't be called out on it if the government get involved.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I think we are in a bad position irrespective, if the league decided to make this season void we are stuffed for transfer targets because we will be back in Europa League next season. Those of you who are going ballistic over Sancho will be disappointed.

It just goes to show how much of a terrible season we have had while under Solskjaer this campaign. We have had repeated opportunities to comfortably clinch fourth spot and our lack of consistency will ultimately decide our season if we don't have remainder games to see it out.

My question is if the FA do decide to void this season and we are resigned to Europa League, please tell me how Solskjaer deserves to still be in charge heading into a 2021 season ?
Ole would have been ultimately judged on a full season and not one stopped and voided.

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool

Have they made it null and void? How are they awarding next season's CL and EL places - are they using the 18/19 table?

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
The same will happen in Britain how can the government tell everyone to keep their distance from everyone, don't go and visit family ect but oh by the way a contact sport like football can carry on behind closed doors.

This, in my opinion is what the Premier League are waiting for, they can't be called out on it if the government get involved.
Yeah for sure, but then this government has been an indecisive mess so far handling this crisis. It took Johnson's life being at risk for him to take it seriously (or you'd hope he is by now).

If it's null and void then I'm sure that's the best decision. Everyone can start again when it's safe to do so. My only worry with that would be if a new season has to start in November/December. How do you get 38 games out of that between then and May? UEFA also seem to be determined to keep European football up and running which seems ridiculous. How're clubs supposed to host others successfully when everyone is travelling all over the continent?

jymufc20

To be fair this thread has seen plenty of posts from United fans as well. It is a thread that impacts every football supporter after all, although I do agree that some of his posts have been a bit daft.
I agree pal @Ronaldo's Mum Eh? Was arguably worse and he got called out for it along with the Chelsea fan @bullshitter, the sooner people start to realise there is more to life than football, the better. Personally I would love the season to finish as normal as I think we would of got into the top four and won the Europa League but it's getting to the point now I think there is no chance of that happening.

jymufc20

Yeah for sure, but then this government has been an indecisive mess so far handling this crisis. It took Johnson's life being at risk for him to take it seriously (or you'd hope he is by now).

If it's null and void then I'm sure that's the best decision. Everyone can start again when it's safe to do so. My only worry with that would be if a new season has to start in November/December. How do you get 38 games out of that between then and May? UEFA also seem to be determined to keep European football up and running which seems ridiculous. How're clubs supposed to host others successfully when everyone is travelling all over the continent?
I agree, European football should be first to go.

Can I just say mods, if Liverpool do get the title keep @Klopper76 @Dumbstar and @RobinLFC and bin the rest at least you get some sense out of these.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
OK I see that part now, so they are going to keep everyone isolated completely? OK I see that might work in principle as long as those people cannot come into contact with anyone. Like I have said elsewhere what happens when 5,6,7,8 players in a team catch it? Or an official or family member dies because they do it. Id love to see the corporate insurance policy for that.
So players are to be kept like monks and then are to perform like robots and play football! :lol:

OMG are you still here!?
Still saying these inanities?!
Even if Ajax were 2000 points clear they still cannot be declared champions because the MATHS talks and the MATHS has not said they're champions - now can you understand that????

True but I'd be very surprised if they weren't awarded it - Ajax that is, if they were 25 points ahead in Holland. :wenger:
Another one who''s been following in Megadrive Man's footsteps.
Who's the one with the fictitious Liverpool fan friend who asks him questions to put to us?! :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Of all the arguments this is one I find the most inexplicable. Picking and choosing what bits to award.

Oh we won't relegate anyone, not even Norwich 6 points from the bottom. But we WILL promote Leeds/West Brom who are 6/7 points clear at the top.

Why?
You warp next year's league, having 22 or 23 teams, for one odd season.
23 would be even worse as per league 1 this year. It puts it all out of sync as one team always has no fixture.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Yeah, they did.

The Dutch government clearly values human life above all else. I only hope our government adopts a similarly sensible approach when it's their turn to make a decision.

Have they made it null and void? How are they awarding next season's CL and EL places - are they using the 18/19 table?
Presumably.

I don't know for certain though.

Megadrive Man

Supports
Liverpool
It would depend on the points tally of the respective clubs. Do you think that if it were the 2007/2008 season Derby wouldn't have been relegated under the same circumstances despite still only having single figure points?

I am fully aware that there is more important things going on at the moment than football, if that's how you feel why are you on a football forum responding to a post in a thread about the suspension of the Premier League?

As I've said before Liverpool winning the league this season has lost all its significance now anyway. This season has been ruined first by VAR and now by this horrible pandemic. This isn't the way that I or any Liverpool fan would have wanted to end the league drought.

Which ones just out of interest? Have any been as daft as, you can void the season, but still pay out the prize money?

The upshot of this is already a number of Dutch clubs are threatening to take legal action, so I am sure the Premier League will be taking note.
The main thing that people seem to be missing is that a 'void' season has been taken off the table. The English season will now either be finished behind closed doors, or based on the existing league table.

jymufc20

Of all the arguments this is one I find the most inexplicable. Picking and choosing what bits to award.

Oh we won't relegate anyone, not even Norwich 6 points from the bottom. But we WILL promote Leeds/West Brom who are 6/7 points clear at the top.

Why?
You warp next year's league, having 22 or 23 teams, for one odd season.
23 would be even worse as per league 1 this year. It puts it all out of sync as one team always has no fixture.
Exactly, cancelling everything and starting from scratch is the only fair way to go about it. Yeah we miss out on the champions League, so be it.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
OMG are you still here!?
Still saying these inanities?!
Even if Ajax were 2000 points clear they still cannot be declared champions because the MATHS talks and the MATHS has not said they're champions - now can you understand that????
OMG yes! Just like in Belgium where MATHS talk and MATHS have said that there's a champion, even though they're far from MATHEMATICALLY certain yet.

Oh, wait... I did that wrong, didn't I?

jymufc20

It would depend on the points tally of the respective clubs. Do you think that if it were the 2007/2008 season Derby wouldn't have been relegated under the same circumstances despite still only having single figure points?

I am fully aware that there is more important things going on at the moment than football, if that's how you feel why are you on a football forum responding to a post in a thread about the suspension of the Premier League?

As I've said before Liverpool winning the league this season has lost all its significance now anyway. This season has been ruined first by VAR and now by this horrible pandemic. This isn't the way that I or any Liverpool fan would have wanted to end the league drought.

Which ones just out of interest? Have any been as daft as, you can void the season, but still pay out the prize money?

The upshot of this is already a number of Dutch clubs are threatening to take legal action, so I am sure the Premier League will be taking note.
The main thing that people seem to be missing is that a 'void' season has been taken off the table. The English season will now either be finished behind closed doors, or based on the existing league table.
I have heard it all now, a Liverpool fan saying the season was ruined by var ?

I also don't understand how this all means that a premier League void is off the table ? If anything if this goes through it opens the doors for other leagues to follow suit ?

Admittedly I haven't had chance to read in to the whole story yet, I am just going off the headlines that have popped up.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
The ban just means no more games.

The dutch FA can or could make any decision about what's already done.
Its highly unlikely that the government told them how to end it. Just that they had to.