Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deery

Dreary
How did he celebrate his goal for those who saw it? Did he do the SIUUU?
No like a prayer thing or something, wasn’t particularly good maybe just acknowledging he’s reached 700 and thankful or something.

mshnsh

You mean Man Utd fans isn’t allowed to hope he regain his form and kick start his season from here, after witnessing our only other option Martial getting injured yet again?

Besides, any player hitting historical new milestone of 700th club goal deserved to be appreciated abit for sure.

Why needed to always fuel yourself with so much hatred and spread toxicity everywhere?
It's ok to hope he kicks on but some of the praise he gets for scoring a goal is just over the top when it was no more than a fair/decentish performance (certainly nowhere near goat level) with a fairly routine chance converted.

For some of you lot, if Ronaldo scores an own goal, you'd proclaim him the goat for scoring it.
Just as nauseating as the people who come in here saying how bad of a game he had, despite him being absolutely on point with his first touch passing all game, heading the ball into Rashford for the disallowed goal, pressing, dropping back, tackling and winning several balls on the defensive phase, etc. Not to mention that, well, he scored the winning goal.

It's not a one way hyperbole in this thread. It's both ways.

Edit: My analysis of yesterday's game, and broadly speaking, is that I expected a game like this to come very soon for Ronaldo. I'm very attentive to details with this guy, and he did have nightmare games until a couple weeks ago, but I was really pretty sure he had kicked it up a notch on physical levels in the game against Spain and in the Europa League game. For me, Ronaldo has always been about maximizing every step he takes to score a goal, that means pinpoint accuracy on movements, timings, body positioning, split stepping, and they all seemed much better in these last 2 games before yesterday. Namely, the last chance he got against Spain and Omonoia were quite telling for me, sure, the keeper saved the former, and he missed the goal latter's shot, but everything about those plays were perfect in execution, and up to the standard I do believe he still has. So it's not surprise to me he kept this broader level going into yesterday's game, and the goal he scored is just exactly what I expect from him. First touch was just perfect, then controls the ball twice in a split second to adjust it's course, shot is perfect, pace, timing of the run, etc. He has not had that gassed look for a couple weeks now, and even at the 94th he sprinted hard to impede a shot from an Everton's player and would've gotten there if the referee wasn't in the way.

All in all I was expecting a game like this to happen. Ronaldo missing chances is not a concern for me, him not getting chances is concerning, because either he's not well with his body or the team is lacking in the attacking phase. Best game of the season so far for him for way more reasons than just scoring. Good game from him, not incredible, but certainly not a bad game.
You see, the problem with Ronaldo all through his career is that every game in which he scores, his performance is exaggerated to no end. His allround play has never been great (aside from 06/07) Season. Yesterday was a good example. A decentish performance and no more yet because he scores, the frenzy around it proclaiming him as a hoat

El Zoido

700 club goals is absolutely phenomenal, especially considering the level those goals have been at.

rooney2009

Why do all the Ronaldo Fc think we all hate Ronaldo
We love Man Utd more than anything else and we want the team to play well and win and we don’t care who scores
Ronaldo is probably the GOAT but can not go on for ever
I think he is a Utd fan and a good person and that’s why the players love him
He seems to have accepted his role in the team as an elder statesman that can’t play every game but will still do his bit
His wages are astronomical for a squad player so should leave next year
We need to move forward from Ronaldo next year and continue to build this new team

MrEleson

Looking through this thread, I find it hard to think of anyone with a better catalogue of goals. The variety is pretty unparalleled.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Looking through this thread, I find it hard to think of anyone with a better catalogue of goals. The variety is pretty unparalleled.
Greatest goal scorer the game has ever seen imo.

Lost bear

It's ok to hope he kicks on but some of the praise he gets for scoring a goal is just over the top when it was no more than a fair/decentish performance (certainly nowhere near goat level) with a fairly routine chance converted.

For some of you lot, if Ronaldo scores an own goal, you'd proclaim him the goat for scoring it.

You see, the problem with Ronaldo all through his career is that every game in which he scores, his performance is exaggerated to no end. His allround play has never been great (aside from 06/07) Season.

Yesterday was a good example. A decentish performance and no more yet because he scores, the frenzy around it proclaiming him as a hoat
I think it’s obvious that Ronaldo has been of
the greatest players.
It’s also obvious that he’s not the player he was. The way that pundits speak about him, and the implicit and explicit criticism of ETH for not playing him all the time, every moment of every game,, from the mainstream media is completely ridiculous and another form of ABU.
Some of these people seem to lack functioning eyesight. He is often poor, frankly. There’s a clue in the fact that when he was pushing for a transfer during the summer, other clubs weren’t exactly queuing up to sign the guy.
I’ll always remember the brilliance of watching Ronnie and Rooney tearing up defences across the country, but that’s all it really is now - a memory.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

You see, the problem with Ronaldo all through his career is that every game in which he scores, his performance is exaggerated to no end. His allround play has never been great (aside from 06/07) Season. Yesterday was a good example. A decentish performance and no more yet because he scores, the frenzy around it proclaiming him as a hoat
To be fair it’s a good finish and overall a decent performance, especially for someone who is already 37. Sure he is no longer at GOAT level, but I feel most are praising him of still capable of doing it at this age after being in poor form in past couple of months, and appreciating him for reaching the unprecedented 700th club goal milestone. One could score 40 goals for 17 seasons but still not reaching this milestone, so it’s really is absolutely insane record, and deserves more respect.

Last edited:

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Greatest goal scorer the game has ever seen imo.
My opinion too, regardless of the current situation. Some really disrespectful wankers hang around this thread.

He gave a very good performance against Everton, no question, and his goal was superbly taken. He can still be a massive influence on our season for one last time and I hope he does just to provoke some of the posters lurking here waiting for him to fail. Still by far the best striker at the club even in decline.

Last edited:

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Van Basten's were pretty great but he obviously wasn't as prolific.

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral

It was his 700th goal, at the age of 37... nonetheless.

He is one of the greatest players ever, even though not better than Messi for me.

Just because he can't dribble like Messi or Maradona, it doesn't mean he can't be one of greatest.
It's like assuming that the only valid way to attract women it's being handsome, it's invalid to use your wealth, intelligence, humour, personality, etc

mshnsh

It was his 700th goal, at the age of 37... nonetheless.

He is one of the greatest players ever, even though not better than Messi for me.

Just because he can't dribble like Messi or Maradona, it doesn't mean he can't be one of greatest.
It's like assuming that the only valid way to attract women it's being handsome, it's invalid to use your wealth, intelligence, humour, personality, etc
I do not refute his greatness.(see my top 10 ever) :
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/fou...ball-players-of-all-time-2022-version.473424/

But you cannot also deny that the praise he gets from his fanboys is nauseating.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Yeah he's done. Move him on and give him the customary game or two every few weeks.
Don't get me wrong he's still gonna finish chances but he's not even covering 2 meters anymore much less chasing any crosses/passses.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Offers nothing. Just killing our attacks because players are trying to pass every bloody ball to him.

Kaos

Problem is he's going to be pushing to stat pad pretty much every game until he retires just to shore up his legacy. Not the sort of frontman we need in a Ten Hag side.

Hopefully he finds a new club in January. But more importantly hopefully Martial can stay fit, assuming the parasites won't be coughing up for a new striker anytime soon.

Mmm-Qatarian

I would sorely love some of whatever Roy Keane was smoking when he included this guy in his top three players currently in the Premier League.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
We haven't played well in any game he's started this season. Even at Everton he only came on when we'd already got our game going.

HBFSTR00

Supports
Ten hag
Why does he always look at the linesman and throw his hand up when we score a goal?

Djemba-Djemba

Absolutely terrible.

Completely immobile up front and if the ball isn't inch perfect he can't be arsed to battle for it.

Barely noticed him do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.