Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
A few quotes = most :lol:
Show us a survey with a good population size and we will know if its “most”
To be fair, don’t think anyone and his dog in this planet would think Rashford > Haaland in PL last month.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Even most United fans can't believe that he won it.

Here are some recent posts about the mighty Rashford from the last week.

But yes - its Ronaldo who stops Rashford. Simple question: How many fans would renew his contract at this stage - especially when you claim that Rashford has been performing? Can we do a poll?
What kind of retort is that? You said Rashford hasn't been productive which is categorically untrue because he has produced goals and assists hence why they even put him in the POTM consideration and won. Now whether he deserved it or not is another matter altogether. The fact still remains he's been producing goals and assists which you can't refute and I suspect you already know that.
So yeah, without Ronaldo, Rashford has been productive.

Walters_19_MuFc

Find it funny that Ronaldo's being played against Omonia tonight because Martial, who has been out for a few weeks, will start our next league game.

ten Hag clearly doesn't like him.

Needs to go in January

wr8_utd

:'(
Can't wait for someone to tweet about how Henrik Larson would pick Ronaldo in his Best 5v5 team.

the_cliff

Couldn't score against the mighty Omonia.

But people seem to think him starting against City would've changed things....

acnumber9

It’s just all very sad I think. He’s struggling to come to terms with his demise. Can’t fault his determination.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Find it funny that Ronaldo's being played against Omonia tonight because Martial, who has been out for a few weeks, will start our next league game.

ten Hag clearly doesn't like him.

Needs to go in January
Agreed. Need someone young to come in who actually wants to be here. Waste of time trying to feed this guy goals instead of finishing off a game because he needs to break personal records. Honesty madness how often the team sacrifice better options just to try and get him a goal.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Quality is still evident but the alarming think right now is…

His confidence levels right now are very low. I think he’s starting to believe the people who think he’s not good enough and he’s overthinking things that came natural.

I am convinced he will find his feet because that’s what S tier players do but he did not have a bad game at all today.

That miss was the exact proof that confidence is what’s missing.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
An average championship striker plays instead of him today and we score 2 or 3 more goals.

One of his worst games ever I think.

royalewithcheese2006

Supports
A Director of Football
Absolutely disgraceful. Misses open goals, literally sends people wide on a 3 on 1 counter so that they can square it for him and then makes everything about himself. He's not doing United a favour. In fact United are doing him a favour right now since his level is even below Europa at this point.

Rossa

Played well today and was very involved. He’ll bag them eventually. Signs are promising. He looked much sharper today and quicker off the mark. I doubt he’s finished just yet.

Posh Red

Absolutely disgraceful. Misses open goals, literally sends people wide on a 3 on 1 counter so that they can square it for him and then makes everything about himself. He's not doing United a favour. In fact United are doing him a favour right now since his level is even below Europa at this point.
I had this exact thought about the pass to the right in that counter attack. He could have sent them through but chose not to.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
which one
Fair.

Like I said this is more of a confidence issue then a quality one.

He linked up well and is getting into good positions. The ball will eventually find its way in again.

But it’s so evident you can see it in his face l, how low his confidence is at the moment.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
The concerning thing with Ronaldo is that he's missing the target.

You always know he will take a lot of shots. However, you think a few of them will sting the keeper's hands. Maybe one will get deflected and bounce in. He's not even hitting the target from good areas.

We saw this last winter and eventually he recovered his goalscoring form. With luck he will do it again.

Sylar

They all tried to spoon feed him. Without Ronaldo we probably just try not to pass to him all the time and end up scoring more

Irwin99

I didn't see the second half but he was one of the few that looked alright in the first half along with Antony. Good link up play. Set up one good chance and unlucky not to score.

Did see the clips of the open goal miss and the 'Rooney-esque (later years)' assist in the second half though :nervous:

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Fair.

Like I said this is more of a confidence issue then a quality one.

He linked up well and is getting into good positions. The ball will eventually find its way in again.

But it’s so evident you can see it in his face l, how low his confidence is at the moment.
I think the cutback chance, he snatched at it, that was lack of confidence.
For the others...I think it's a lack of sharpness. Age or fitness, probably age. Can't sort his feet out in time for shooting, or even for controlling through balls.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Nice of us to sign up for his testamonial season.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
He wasn't bad today but my goodness he was diabolical in front of goal.

I don't know if it's a lack of confidence (even the greats suffer from this) or his body is just done? I don't know what to say, it's not like he's totally out of position, but just can't seem to put away any chances.

royalewithcheese2006

Supports
A Director of Football
They all tried to spoon feed him. Without Ronaldo we probably just try not to pass to him all the time and end up scoring more
Totally agree. Bruno almost every game, rashford and martial today. Its like they're going out of their way to help Ronaldo score. It's a shame really since Martial and Rashford would play even better if they had a more mobile attacker around them.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Whole team was feeling bad for him, everyone tried to set him up for a tap in and Ronaldo just messed up everything.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
At this point people who are still defending him, are Ronaldo fans, not Manchester United fans.
It’s so painfully obvious he’s holding the tram back when playing and he can’t even score tap ins anymore.

It’s sad to watch and the harsh truth is we’re worse team with him.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
There's no world where we don't score more goals playing a different striker today. He was awful. Touch, passing strength, finishing.

He got in good positions because the other team are midtable in Cyprus.

I reckon current Ole could have hopped off his couch and into that team and would have scored more than Ronnie tonight.

Ladron de redcafe

It was pathetic :lol: So transparent that you can only laugh at him. Still didn't manage to score against a no-name team in the Europa League.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I actually admire his intelligence when he does that, how can you think so quickly? He is absolutely amazing guy(like amazingly bad, but still amazing stuff, no one can't think of that so quickly), I don't think I have ever seen that kind of selfishness on the pitch :lol:

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
This is pathetic now. When he had Antony-Tony-Rashford around him, that reminded me on those 5 a side games when you have some shit fat player in team, who is doing nothing besides standing in front of gk and then you are forced to pass to him despite you know that he will feck up.

January can't come soon enough

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
1 goal, 1 assist in 9 appearances ... whoever jinxed Messi last year has done a better jinxing job on Ronaldo this year. In this form I bet some of his senior teammates, ex-teammates and ex-coaches at Portugal will start to loudly wonder whether Ronaldo should start let alone Captain the squad. I bet there is a group of these people who resent the fact that Ronaldo took all the accolades for Portugal's success in the last few years, and now can't wait to dig in. They'll probably wait closer to the WC for maximum impact.
How can he collapse so badly? Did he stop training the entire summer to stay fresh for the WC?

Status
Not open for further replies.