Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

royalewithcheese2006

Supports
A Director of Football
I had this exact thought about the pass to the right in that counter attack. He could have sent them through but chose not to.
It's becoming obvious now. Always chooses to send a player wide when the easier option is to play him in closer to goal. One of the least likeable players around these days.

Greck

What in the actual hell was that? What if they got lucky and got a third? He should have been subbed off but we want to protect his ego. Martial and Rashford made absolute minced meat of them after he spent the first half in their backpocket.

Idxomer

There's no world where we don't score more goals playing a different striker today. He was awful. Touch, passing strength, finishing.

He got in good positions because the other team are midtable in Cyprus.

I reckon current Ole could have hopped off his couch and into that team and would have scored more than Ronnie tonight.
Praising him for getting at the end of chances against this team is scrapping the bottom of the barrel.

DutchCruijff

He was actually - finishing aside - pretty decent today. His link up play was good.

His trying to set himself up for the counter was poor form and desperation.

As for in front of goal? Woeful, I hope it is due to a lack of confidence/sharpness that he can find in the next 2-3 games but I fear his legs/coordination just isn't working. He's struggling to trigger shots.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
So now our players are scared to finish off chances becuase they need to pass to Ronaldo ?

Van Gaal being right with each passing game about this club.

the_cliff

I actually admire his intelligence when he does that, how can you think so quickly? He is absolutely amazing guy(like amazingly bad, but still amazing stuff, no one can't think of that so quickly), I don't think I have ever seen that kind of selfishness on the pitch :lol:
It's years of experience. He's been doing since 2012.

hatchetmac

Father time has unfortunately caught Ronnie up and it's time for ten hag to realise this. Time to stop this let's try and set Ronnie up for a goal as it will cost us in the end.

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
His reaction speed and reflex aren’t the same anymore, he still has a great ability to find space for opportunities to score. But yeah, his body couldn’t follow his mind as much as he should do.

I don’t think Ronaldo should be a main starter for United any more, it’s time to Martial.

Last edited:

Tragically Hip

He's clearly done at this level, but I never thought his self-confidence would desert him like it has.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
An entire team trying to spoon-feed an old, infirm man.

Roll on January and get him the feck out.
I'm trying to figure out which team will be able to accommodate him. Serious question.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Aside from the fitness, which is of his own doing, he needs to relearn how to play football in his current form for the betterment of himself and the team.

Don't write him off yet!
He's never really had to adjust to compensate though. The thought has probably never occurred to him. The single mindedness that helped him achieve genius status may now be a hindrance.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
This is equally sad as it is funny to watch. Every United player tripping over themselves to tee him up for a tap in and him repeatedly fecking it up, against a team called pneumonia

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Self confidence, unhappiness (he clearly did not want to stay) and self doubt along with match fitness from missing pre season have set him back this season.

I have no doubt he can still bang in goals but the I am more convinced then ever he is coming to Portugal next summer and I think that will do him a world of good.

He should not feel bad about it, Messi is playing in a similar level of league. The only doubt of him coming is that he wants to compete for the big trophies but unless his season drastically changes he won’t have any takers.

Jazz

He's clearly done at this level, but I never thought his self-confidence would desert him like it has.
Happens to everyone, especially as you get older as a professional athlete.

It even happened to Nadal during one season I remember well. Us tennis fans couldn't believe it. It just happens. The difference is Nadal made some subtle tweaks to his game to accommodate age etc, same as Federer did. Not sure what Ronaldo can do as it's a totally different sport and situation.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I'm trying to figure out which team will be able to accommodate him. Serious question.
Napoli is a good shout. The fans want it, the president wants it, it’s a lower level on a competing team.

Shai-Hulud

Absolutely disgraceful. Misses open goals, literally sends people wide on a 3 on 1 counter so that they can square it for him and then makes everything about himself. He's not doing United a favour. In fact United are doing him a favour right now since his level is even below Europa at this point.
He's an utter twat. Always has been, really. Cares only about himself.

Jazz

Self confidence, unhappiness (he clearly did not want to stay) and self doubt along with match fitness from missing pre season have set him back this season.

I have no doubt he can still bang in goals but the I am more convinced then ever he is coming to Portugal next summer and I think that will do him a world of good.

He should not feel bad about it, Messi is playing in a similar level of league. The only doubt of him coming is that he wants to compete for the big trophies but unless his season drastically changes he won’t have any takers.
I was always surprised he never tried to play at PSG. Then again I don't watch the French league so things might have become more competitive now.

Greck

He's never really had to adjust to compensate though. The thought has probably never occurred to him. The single mindedness that helped him achieve genius status may now be a hindrance.
I swear he still has a lot to offer if he would just tweak his approach but he's still doing that twinkletoes shite because he thinks he's 28. He especially needs to play for the team instead of fashioning tough situations into scoring opportunities.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
He has to realise that putting in performances like this he cannot demand half a million a week. He’s declined massively, and needs to temper his expectations accordingly.

Jazz

Napoli is a good shout. The fans want it, the president wants it, it’s a lower level on a competing team.
Well then I hope he can get a contract there, and hopefully finish on a high. Problem is, he won't be seeing big trophies but maybe finishing at an acceptable level might be ok for him and adding to his goal stats - if he ever remembers how to score again!

Pearl.Jam

Yeah that was pretty humiliating, a striker is supposed to score goals and he had umpteen chances to a point it was detrimental to the team..was a good player for us in his first stint here but crikey, the hero worship of him that some fans still hold really needs to die.

Gottabekiddingme

He played OK. Was sometimes slow, and sometimes just plain unlucky in front of goal. Great link up in some attacks.

Ladron de redcafe

I was always surprised he never tried to play at PSG. Then again I don't watch the French league so things might have become more competitive now.
His agent approached them, according to several reports. They weren't interested.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Agreed. Need someone young to come in who actually wants to be here. Waste of time trying to feed this guy goals instead of finishing off a game because he needs to break personal records. Honesty madness how often the team sacrifice better options just to try and get him a goal.
The bolded does my head in. I almost punched the TV tonight watching everyone trying to feed Ronaldo instead of going for the better options. From manager(who chose to not sub him despite him not being up for it and also dumping Martial on the right to accommodate him) to players(who decided to worry about setting him instead of giving ourselves a better chance of winning the game by going for better options), everyone seemed to pander to him. It's fecking infuriating.

Idxomer

Well then I hope he can get a contract there, and hopefully finish on a high. Problem is, he won't be seeing big trophies but maybe finishing at an acceptable level might be ok for him and adding to his goal stats - if he ever remembers how to score again!
Napoli would be mad to sign him, they are actually a high-pressing team and not pretending like United.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Napoli have been ripping it up so far this season. Top of the league, most goals in the league and Osimhen still to return to the side.

In footballing terms signing Ronaldo currently looks more likely to do them harm than good.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
I feel sorry for him, his body isn't cut out for this anymore.

Luka Mora

Don't think he did too badly, however every time he plays it becomes the Ronaldo show, where the sole objective of the team is to ensure Ronaldo is served and provided for at every opportunity.

the_cliff

The bolded does my head in. I almost punched the TV tonight watching everyone trying to feed Ronaldo instead of going for the better options. From manager(who chose to not sub him despite him not being up for it and also dumping Martial on the right to accommodate him) to players(who decided to worry about setting him instead of giving ourselves a better chance of winning the game by going for better options), everyone seemed to pander to him. It's fecking infuriating.
Dalot had a wide open goal after dribbling the keeper and still tried to bring it back to give it Ronaldo. He could've easily killed the game by scoring with his left.

Then the Rashford chance despite him being on a hattrick. Was frustrating.

Jazz

Father time has unfortunately caught Ronnie up and it's time for ten hag to realise this. Time to stop this let's try and set Ronnie up for a goal as it will cost us in the end.
Ten Hag knows this come on. He's made him start in the 'easiest' games possible whilst trying to keep things on an even keel in the dressing room.

Look, the manager has a hell of a job, but a part of his remit is managing these situations. It's just the way it is. Listen how he dances around the Ronaldo questions and scrutiny. He's trying his best with this inherited situation.

It's the folks who constantly swipe at the manager about not starting Ronaldo that we should be pissed at. They keep shoving the start Ronaldo thing down our throats when it's obvious t's not working for the team.

Deery

Dreary
Some weird cnuts in this thread, they wanted him to get his 700th goal he was unlucky not to get two it happens age catches up with us all..

DutchCruijff

Napoli don't need him and after their start, I highly doubt they want it either. The way he is playing is incredibly detrimental.

He can't even pull the trigger for shots anymore, it was the same a few weeks ago for Portugal. It's tragic to see but surprisingly only a minor tweak.

He is heavily lacking self belief and confidence.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
His finishing is obviously terrible right now, but he's performing better at striker than Rashford does. The fact that he's still getting all these chances means that it will probably click at some time.

When Martial (who is clearly our best striker) isn't playing, I prefer Ronaldo up front with Rashford on the left rather than Rashford up front and Sancho on the left.

Bole Top

Perth Glory
Spal
Vissel Kobe
Santos Laguna
Toronto FC
Maritimo

plenty of clubs that would take him.

MrEleson

Thought his all-round game was better than any other game he’s played this season.

Obviously he was terrible in front of goal but it seems more of a mental/confidence issue than anything. Was still somewhat involved in 2 goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.