4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

GinobiliTheGOAT

1 goal, 1 assist in 9 appearances ... whoever jinxed Messi last year has done a better jinxing job on Ronaldo this year. In this form I bet some of his senior teammates, ex-teammates and ex-coaches at Portugal will start to loudly wonder whether Ronaldo should start let alone Captain the squad. I bet there is a group of these people who resent the fact that Ronaldo took all the accolades for Portugal's success in the last few years, and now can't wait to dig in. They'll probably wait closer to the WC for maximum impact.
How can he collapse so badly? Did he stop training the entire summer to stay fresh for the WC?
I know you think Messi is the GOAT and you’re thrilled that he’s bounced back this season but maybe Ronaldo at his age needs a consistent run of games. Playing twice every 6 weeks is hard to get a rhythm.

AngliaRed

Ronaldo and Messi both on a steep decline.

The differance, one went and semi retired in a farmers league whilst the other went to play in the hardest league in the world again.

Luka Mora

The differance, one went and semi retired in a farmers league whilst the other went to play in the hardest league in the world again.
We were playing against the 4th ranked team in the Cyprus league.

tariqo

Supports
barcelona

Only a delusional fan would say something like this
Worst version of Messi in the last 2 years still much better than the best version of ronaldo in his last 5-6 years so please stop this nonsense

Deery

Dreary
Worst version of Messi in the last 2 years still much better than the best version of ronaldo in his last 5-6 years so please stop this nonsense
He may have got the first last night but Messi was taken off because he was fecking dreadful…

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
He's never really had to adjust to compensate though. The thought has probably never occurred to him. The single mindedness that helped him achieve genius status may now be a hindrance.
Yeah, that can be the case also. I hope he achieves the transformation, for both our sakes.

BarcaSpurs

He may have got the first last night but Messi was taken off because he was fecking dreadful…
Didn't watch it did you? Goal aside he was still PSG's best player. Mbappe and Neymar were pretty bad.

hatchetmac

Ten Hag knows this come on. He's made him start in the 'easiest' games possible whilst trying to keep things on an even keel in the dressing room.

Look, the manager has a hell of a job, but a part of his remit is managing these situations. It's just the way it is. Listen how he dances around the Ronaldo questions and scrutiny. He's trying his best with this inherited situation.

It's the folks who constantly swipe at the manager about not starting Ronaldo that we should be pissed at. They keep shoving the start Ronaldo thing down our throats when it's obvious t's not working for the team.
I agree

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Spot on. I found it embarrassing that 2nd half the way they looked so desperate for him to score. The game wasn't even close to being sewn up at any point really except for 30 seconds after our 3rd goal.

He needs to retire. He's done.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
He was really, really bad in front of goal but I honestly thought his build up play was pretty decent.

I mean, he's definitely had worse games this season. To me, I don't see a physical decline as much as a total lack of form. Needs to score one and it should start coming back.

Idxomer

The number of deluded posts on this page

I know it's tough when a player you worshipped for so long is coming to the end of his career but come on.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
Messi is also 2 years younger which makes a galaxy difference at this age.

In Rainbows

I know you think Messi is the GOAT and you’re thrilled that he’s bounced back this season but maybe Ronaldo at his age needs a consistent run of games. Playing twice every 6 weeks is hard to get a rhythm.
He just played 90' twice for Portugal.

El Jefe

Some are saying he played well :lol: Ronaldo's performance reminded me of the type of performance you would see from Manucho or Biram Diouf in preseason where you just knew they weren't good enough.

He was awful. Awful in the sense that it's quite obvious that he's cooked.

I do feel sorry for him as I can only imagine how he feels mentally knowing that he's a shell of his old self. He's not always going to miss such chances but the loss of his sharpness and agility is an absolute killer. He looks so immobile and its hard to watch.

I hope he can recover and have a better end to his time here. I don't want my last memory of him to be this current version we're seeing this season.

RopersReturn

There was a time when he’d just laugh some the howlers off like the ones witnessed earlier, but it’s clearly getting to him now and he seems to be suffering from a crisis of confidence,similar to that of Son.

MrEleson

Some are saying he played well :lol: Ronaldo's performance reminded me of the type of performance you would see from Manucho or Biram Diouf in preseason where you just knew they weren't good enough.

I do feel sorry for him as I can only imagine how he feels mentally knowing that he's a shell of his old self. He's not always going to miss such chances but the loss of his sharpness and agility is an absolute killer. He looks so immobile and its hard to watch.

I hope he can recover and have a better end to his time here. I don't want my last memory of him to be this current version we're seeing this season.
Not sure what game you were watching but he did pretty good outside of his diabolical finishing (likely a confidence issue). This is reflected across the board from most rating apps who gave him a decent score while noting he had 3 big chances created with an assist.

Telsim

Wasn't terrible. Worked hard, got an assist, and pulled a player out of position for the first goal. Abysmal finishing though. He will struggle to start ahead of both Rashford and Martial if their form continues.

gza the genius

After the City game a lot of people said that not starting Ronaldo on the basis that he can't press doesn't hold weight when Rashford is up there not pressing either which does have some merit. The main difference to me is that in a game like that with Rashford up top we at least don't spend the entire game trying to get Rashford and only Rashford a goal. Rashford and Martial came on today and instantly scored. Then we pushed Martial out wide right to accomodate Ronaldo and everyone continued to try to put a goal on a plate for him. With Ronaldo out of the team I genuinely think we win comfortably today whether you think Ronaldo played well or not (he didn't).

RopersReturn

He’s working hard but it’s like watching a retired prize fighter making a comeback in all honesty.

El Jefe

Not sure what game you were watching but he did pretty good outside of his diabolical finishing (likely a confidence issue). This is reflected across the board from most rating apps who gave him a decent score while noting he had 3 big chances created with an assist.
I watched a game where he was so poor his teammates felt they had to lay the ball on a plate to get him a goal.

Martial and Rashford showed how easy that game should have been as they got goals within minutes of being on.

Ronaldo was dreadful. Almost everything he did was either poorly executed or too slow. The assist he got was actually an attempt at a shot on target, that was the story of his game in essence. Game shouldn't been out of sight, as another poster mentioned he is a black hole in the attack.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
It's like Mike Tyson in his final fighting days.
Ronnie, retire with dignity.

mu4c_20le

I feel sorry for your judgment. He had a hand in at least two of the goals. Manucho? good grief

MrEleson

I watched a game where he was so poor his teammates felt they had to lay the ball on a plate to get him a goal.

Martial and Rashford showed how easy that game should have been as they got goals within minutes of being on.

Ronaldo was dreadful. Almost everything he did was either poorly executed or too slow. The assist he got was actually an attempt at a shot on target, that was the story of his game in essence. Game shouldn't been out of sight, as another poster mentioned he is a black hole in the attack.
He was so poor in front of goal that they needed to do that, yes. However, your grossly exaggerating how bad the rest of his performance was.

From what I saw, he had some nice combination plays with teammates and made some nice runs (one that aided Rashford in his goal). Not saying he had a fantastic game but he was better than other showings he’s had this season and seemed far more fluid.

Just my opinion which is reflected in the stats:

swissgenius

Wow people really think he played well? That's some new level...

Mentioning his assist makes it even more funny, because that was just another very poor shot attempt and you know it.

Terrible performance against a pretty weak side. The fact that Martial had to play on the right to make room for him just adds to the problem. You can use a struggling team player in your squad but no a struggling solo performer.

All round play was good and much better than it has been at any point this season. Finishing was absolutely diabolical.

He shouldn't be a starter but isn't finished either. His form reminds me of circa Dec-Feb last season when he was shite for most of that period, then started playing better bar the diminished confidence in front of goal, then both came together and he had some terrific games/scored goals e.g. against Norwich and Spurs.

The trouble is for a number of seasons now (starting pre-United) he seems to have a stinking run of form for about 2 months, hence isn't reliable enough to start every week. It's quite clear though that goals will come soon, whether from the bench or as a starter.

The "selfish" and "twat" comments are very bizarre though. Attitude was very good tonight, can't recall him gesticulating at anyone except himself for a change and celebrated warmly with Rashford and Tony after their goals.

I genuinely think he's now becoming more accepting that he's no longer world-class, as even his anger at himself after missing chances is considerably toned down. If he can find a balance between accepting this but regaining a strong level of confidence that he's still a good player that can be an asset for the team over a course of a season, that would be the best thing for himself and especially the squad as a hole.

Players trying to spoonfeed him was frustrating, but this happens commonly when a team is comfortably in control and have a striker desperately lacking confidence. Issue here was complacency as a 2 goal lead isn't enough to take thus approach.

Red00012

Another night he could have had a hat trick to be fair . Just one of those nights. I’d be far more worried about the LW taken off at halftime than Ronaldo

Irwin99

Maybe he's actually well liked by the majority in the dressing room and they just want to help his confidence? A fully fit and firing Ronaldo adds goals to this team, no question about that and that helps us. He had a period like this last year before he got going again.

We can all see he's declining but personally I want to see a few more games before I make up my mind that he's useless. In the first half he looked decent, played a great ball across the box for a tap in that no one took up, and was unlucky with one shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.