Cristiano Ronaldo - Performances (wums will be thread banned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

redwar

Get off your fecking high horse, you're annoying.
When I 'm trying to have a conversation and a very experienced member keeps laughing at my comments with a useless emoticon that adds nothing more to the conversation than trying to humiliate my opinions and so I am asking him to move on, I am not the one who is annoying.

Kostur

海尔的老板
When I 'm trying to have a conversation and a very experienced member keeps laughing at my comments with a useless emoticon that adds nothing more to the conversation than trying to humiliate my opinions and so I am asking him to move on, I am not the one who is annoying.
I am sorry to have to spell it out for you but yes you are. You've come here with an all-knowing bullshit attitude talking about end of stories and other shite, asking very weird if not ridiculous questions and acting like a prat when somebody answers them not along the lines you'd like them to be answered. Then you proceed to talk more utter shite about being manly or not manly enough, nobody cares, pipe down, come back tomorrow.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
The emoticons are an expression of how mindbendingly fatuous some of your comments are.

redwar

The emoticons are an expression of how mindbendingly fatuous some of your comments are.
Well, you know it's annoying, you know nobody should overuse them. If he disagrees, he should write down his opinions. That's all I am saying.

I believe Iniesta is better than Ronaldo and that Ronaldo shouldn't be compared to the great ones. Not the first one that does so in this planet.

Classical Mechanic

It is strange how the two standout players of this generation have not hit the heights of previous legends on the international stage.

Is it a case of the club teams being built around them (with the wealth of options selecting from different nationalities provide) or is it more a case of the waning importance the players put on internationals, compared to previous generations?

Would hate for it to be the latter but there is an argument towards it.
I think it is harder these days. The lesser teams are pragmatic and really well drilled defensively. There are fewer and fewer whipping boys anymore. OK those teams lack quality offensively but such it the level of knowledge in defensive coaching that those teams can shut out better teams with better players. We have seen time and time again in this tournament late late goals winning it for the superior teams, or not at all in Portugal's case for instance.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Well, you know it's annoying, you know nobody should overuse them. If he disagrees, he should write down his opinions. That's all I am saying.

I believe Iniesta is better than Ronaldo and that Ronaldo shouldn't be compared to the great ones. Not the first in this planet.
Its all just a bit of banter. If you enter a pub and say something that most people find to be ridiculous, you're likely to hear about it. This is really no different.

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Today Ronaldo was bad. fecked up some buildups because he took the early shot. Can't say much about the freekicks, that's beyond repair. But in the end he still managed to force the Austrian goalkeeper to pull off some class saves, that was lucky. Yeah, that penalty, but hitting the post is again what i call unlucky.

What i don't get is the bitching on Ronaldo. You clearly can't take away his past, he won multiple titles, individually and collectively, scored lots of goals wherever he went and comes across as a decent person, not everyone would be so cool and take the necessary time for a selfie with a fan on the field after that disappointment.

Iniesta is a also a great player but over the last years some of my Barca mates complained about Iniesta and his performances in the Primera Division. Not one goal or assist for long spells, quite ineffective, Ronaldo's doing the business for most of the time in the league, Iniesta's case is a bit different.

What i want to say is everything has to be taken with a pinch of salt. Meaning every player has his ups and downs, their better and weaker periods. People should enjoy the diversity instead of figuring out who is currently better and chat shit about the other player.

montpelier

I believe Iniesta is better than Ronaldo and that Ronaldo shouldn't be compared to the great ones. Not the first one that does so in this planet.
Andres Iniesta is a very fine football player & I like your username. Which club team do you support my friend?
Apologies if you've take much trouble & previously answered that.

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
Its all just a bit of banter. If you enter a pub and say something that most people find to be ridiculous, you're likely to hear about it. This is really no different.
Iniesta has been motm in WC final, CL final and Euro final.

I think Iniesta has been a better player overall than Ronaldo and he's been very important to Barcelona's dominance.

redwar

Oh, so when we have a 95% - 5% situation in this forum, the 5% should not have a conversation but should take silly emoticons as well behaved answers.
A new rule. Nice.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage

While everyone is entitled to their opinion, the fact you think Iniesta is better than Ronaldo is plain wrong

Flying_Heckfish

I think it is harder these days. The lesser teams are pragmatic and really well drilled defensively. There are fewer and fewer whipping boys anymore. OK those teams lack quality offensively but such it the level of knowledge in defensive coaching that those teams can shut out better teams with better players. We have seen time and time again in this tournament late late goals winning it for the superior teams, or not at all in Portugal's case for instance.
True, the international game is much more professional these days - there are no gimmies.

Still, you'd hope someone of Ronaldo's class would have been the difference maker. It's not a one off

redwar

Which club team do you support my friend?
Manchester United.
Oh, I also find Yorke-Cole and the great Scholes-Keane-Beckham-Giggs midfield the most beautiful, the most eye-catching may I say, football that I've seen in my life.
It's not Ronaldo or Messi. Kill me.

montpelier

Manchester United.
Oh, I also find Yorke-Cole and the great Scholes-Keane-Beckham-Giggs the most beautiful, the most eye-catching may I say, football that I've seen in my life.
It's not Ronaldo or Messi. Kill me.
Very good. I'm not sure your premature demise is going to help that particular debate along, really.

PvsNP

Ronaldo and Messi are two of the greatest players to ever play the game. Their consistency for almost a decade is unparalleled.

totaalvoetbal

Supports
Ajax
While everyone is entitled to their opinion, the fact you think Iniesta is better than Ronaldo is plain wrong
Why is he wrong? Ronaldo's performances don't warrant the hype. He is essentially a box player. Iniesta has dominated every big game he has been in, while Ronaldo has flopped in 3 champions League finals in a row, missed Pens against Barcelona 08, Chelsea 08, Bayern 11 etc. He is a good goal scorer, not great because he is far from clinical and takes the most shots in Europe evry season. As a FOOTBALLER, Iniesta is a level above him. Iniesta elevates his team, CR simply doesn't and simply does well when the team is playing well and has been for almost 4+ seasons. EVen the season he broke the cl record and got 17, non of his goals meant anything. He scored add on goals against Schalke when the team were 2-0 and 3-0 up. Against Bayern he scored the goals after Benzema and Ramos had done well. The greatest players make their teams playe better. He is a finisher. Ity would be like saying RvN is a better footballer than Zidane. That's the way I see it and we both know that is simply not true. CR is a better gs but he is nowhere near the second best player of this geneartion. Messi is in his own leagie, Iniesta Xavi are ahead of him and then I would even pu Suarez above him as well.

Noone here would call Gerd Muller the best player ever and Gerd Muller was not only a better goal scorer, he scored bigger goals than CR and turned up when his team needed him. Marketing and FIFA have made people thing CR is some great footballer that can dribble teams. THis is not a Nike EUROS advert. He is a box player. It is really that simple.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Ronaldo and Messi are two of the greatest players to ever play the game. Their consistency for almost a decade is unparalleled.
True. Had each played at a different time they could've conceivably snapped up 9 or 10 Ballon d'Ors.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Why is he wrong? Ronaldo's performances don't warrant the hype. He is essentially a box player. Iniesta has dominated every big game he has been in, while Ronaldo has flopped in 3 champions League finals in a row, missed Pens against Barcelona 08, Chelsea 08, Bayern 11 etc. He is a good goal scorer, not great because he is far from clinical and takes the most shots in Europe evry season. As a FOOTBALLER, Iniesta is a level above him. Iniesta elevates his team, CR simply doesn't and simply does well when the team is playing well and has been for almost 4+ seasons. EVen the season he broke the cl record and got 17, non of his goals meant anything. He scored add on goals against Schalke when the team were 2-0 and 3-0 up. Against Bayern he scored the goals after Benzema and Ramos had done well. The greatest players make their teams playe better. He is a finisher. Ity would be like saying RvN is a better footballer than Zidane. That's the way I see it and we both know that is simply not true. CR is a better gs but he is nowhere near the second best player of this geneartion. Messi is in his own leagie, Iniesta Xavi are ahead of him and then I would even pu Suarez above him as well.
It helps that Iniesta has had the supporting cast that has included one of the best midfielders of his generation and the greatest player of all time. He himself is one of the greats of his era, but his effectiveness would be severely undercut without the supporting cast he's had. A throughball to Messi tends to look sexier than one to Giroud.

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
He will never ever get the best out of his team. His goals have made people believe he is this unstoppable machine that carry's his team to victory but the truth his team carry him for most matches to be able to give him the chances to score by sacrificing themselves for him to score.

Great goalscorer he's the second best goalscorer I have ever seen but as a player he falls short compared to the greats of the past.

clarkydaz

He will never ever get the best out of his team. His goals have made people believe he is this unstoppable machine that carry's his team to victory but the truth his team carry him for most matches to be able to give him the chances to score by sacrificing themselves for him to score.

Great goalscorer he's the second best goalscorer I have ever seen but as a player he falls short compared to the greats of the past.
He's changed as a player though. Funnily enough the goal machine he has become is a bit less exciting to watch now

redwar

It helps that Iniesta has had the supporting cast that has included one of the best midfielders of his generation and the greatest player of all time. He himself is one of the greats of his era, but his effectiveness would be severely undercut without the supporting cast he's had. A throughball to Messi tends to look sexier than one to Giroud.
Nowadays Ronaldo has Kroos and Modric. Nice passers to get fed by. In United he had Rooney, Tevez, Carrick etc.
On the other hand Iniesta was the main man in Spain too, where there was no Messi, not even a great goalscorer to feed. He of course had Xavi.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He puts way too much pressure on himself when playing for Portugal. Makes it seem like him against the world, and you just knew the way the game was going that he would miss the pen. Just too much pressure even for him.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Can we please stop bullying redwar. He's clearly a very manly man.

Status
Not open for further replies.