Cristiano Ronaldo | Real confirm deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Its not like he's moving to Turkey! Juventus are a big European club with big champions league ambitions.
Christ Juve is a club who had players like Zoff, Cabrini, Scirea, Platini, Boniek, Baggio, Del Piero, Buffon, Zidane. Really small indeed.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Do people realize that before Juve bring Ronaldo in, they have to offload Higuain to another team? Who's interested in Higuain and ready to pay a fee that doesn't seem absurdly low for Juve?.
Chelsea?

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Think Juve wouldl be great for him. Last chance to play in another league for another big club (tho admittedly he of course downgraded each time after leaving United). Club with a massive tradition and global following as well - near guaranteed silverware in at least Italy - a coach id skip a beer for to have at United ....plus hopefully Netflix will come with season 2 of the Juventus documentary :D

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Chelsea have a £60m flop on their books, and are going to get in the former Napoli manager. He can realistically go to Chelsea.
That makes sense, but it's still weird, Juve were trying to sign Morata just weeks ago as they seem to rate him highly, it would open the question, If Ronaldo goes to Juve and Higuain to Chelsea, what do they do with Morata? Sub?.

It's like a huge domino, I won't believe anything can happen until the first piece falls.

manutddjw

It’ll be hilarious that after using us seemingly every summer, he actually does leave Madrid and goes to Juventus, not us.

Maybe people will finally stop placing him above actual legends of this club who actually saw United as their home. Couldn’t believe there was a huge non Portuguese contingent of our fans cheering him for making OUR Dave look bad.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
It’ll be hilarious that after using us seemingly every summer, he actually does leave Madrid and goes to Juventus, not us.

Maybe people will finally stop placing him above actual legends of this club who actually saw United as their home. Couldn’t believe there was a huge non Portuguese contingent of our fans cheering him for making OUR Dave look bad.
Him or the agent? You do know how agents use the media do you?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
That makes sense, but it's still weird, Juve were trying to sign Morata just weeks ago as they seem to rate him highly, it would open the question, If Ronaldo goes to Juve and Higuain to Chelsea, what do they do with Morata? Sub?.

It's like a huge domino, I won't believe anything can happen until the first piece falls.
I think now that Ronaldo deal possibly opened up for Juve; they're going to forget all about Morata. I mean, would you not?

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
The club has not treated him well..

He should work for my employer then.
Christ I hate all this shit his entourage does, its just the Gestifute mantra to pay me more. Just leave and shut up, wasn't the club fault he trusted his money to Mendes money laundry. Here I said what I think regarding this.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
according to el Chiringuito Madrid have matched the offer of Juventus, 30 million, without variables to let him choose.
According to Edu Aguirre (a journalist quite close to Cristiano) he believes that placing the clause so low so easily they are inviting him to leave.

Ventura

It would make sense. He as ruled England, he has ruled Spain, now the time has come conquer Italy, and it seems like a perfect fit for him at this point in his career. It's just that the money involved doesn't really make sense. On the other hand, he could be the missing piece in Juve's CL hopes.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
I think now that Ronaldo deal possibly opened up for Juve; they're going to forget all about Morata. I mean, would you not?
What does

even mean?

Poor Crissy...
Not well being, emotionally would be the closest translation there.

Basically, he's sad that Real Madrid won't pay what he asks (rumours say Florentino promised him to raise his wages) or something related to the club paying the fine from the IRS. Hence he's disappointed at how the club treats him

reddaz71

There are suggestions only about Ronaldo going to Juventus, fact is isn't happening in any way shape or form, it's very much a prohibitive transfer, Utd on the other hand is exactly the opposite and this is being played with a lot of smoke and mirrors, ultimately Ronaldo will be back at Utd and its a protracted thing at the moment

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Would be fascinating to see him in another league. I hope he goes there rather than China etc.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.

Anyone that doesn’t think Ronaldo is a united legend is an embarrassment tbh

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Serie A is a happy place for veteran goalscorers; it’s the right place for him at this point. Fair play to him for wanting to conquer three separate leagues as part of his legacy, rather than staying in his comfort zone ala Messi.
It is only about money. If Madrid rolled over, he would stay no doubt just Barca roll over for Messi.
He would also stay in his comfort zone if they paid him

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
It is only about money. If Madrid rolled over, he would stay no doubt just Barca roll over for Messi.
He would also stay in his comfort zone if they paid him
The reports that say he's leaving are saying that Madrid are giving him the same amount of money. 30 million per year.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I think the president is fed up with him. For many details that form the soap opera.
There is an ego problem between them and Cristiano has lost.
However, they have to manage the exit well because, as a couple of comments in Marca said:
"how on earth Cris cost only 20 more than Morata", or "if we sell him for 100 and buy some Salah for 220 I return my season ticket"
This Juve interest has to be extended until Madrid have a substitute.
Personally I think It would have to be Neymar, Mbappé or Kane. At least for me, any other option-if we sell Cris-would be a bit disappointing summer.

manutddjw

Anyone that doesn’t think Ronaldo is a united legend is an embarrassment tbh
Not saying he isn’t a legend, but the pedestal he gets placed on over guys like Rooney and Keane is disgraceful considering he had like 3 outstanding seasons before leaving.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
I think the president is fed up with him. For many details that form the soap opera.
There is an ego problem between them and Cristiano has lost.
However, they have to manage the exit well because, as a couple of comments in Marca said:
"how on earth Cris cost only 20 more than Morata", or "if we sell him for 100 and buy some Salah for 220 I return my season ticket"
This Juve interest has to be extended until Madrid have a substitute.
Personally I think It would have to be Neymar, Mbappé or Kane. At least for me, any other option-if we sell Cris-would be a bit disappointing summer.
If this happened because 30 million per year was too high for Ronaldo and last summer Mbappe didn't go to Madrid because of his wages, would Perez really be willing to pay 300 million on a transfer plus 40 million a year for Neymar? Don't think there's any way Kane leaves this summer either.

If Ronaldo leaves you'd probably be looking at something like Hazard + Icardi or you'd have to wait a summer to make a bigger move.

maniwin

Are United even interested in signing Ronnie, or will Juve get a free run at him?
He didn't have a good relationship with Jose back then despite having same agent. I don't think he will ever comeback here for the rest of his career.

Hawks2008

Yeah I agree largely with your sentiments. Left us in his prime to give Madrid his best years while claiming to be treated like a slave but people still idolise the man. When you see the difference in how posters speak about Rooney and Ronaldo, and (as you pointed out) the way people were cheering him on against our best and most important player this world cup it does get a bit much.

shamans

Not saying he isn’t a legend, but the pedestal he gets placed on over guys like Rooney and Keane is disgraceful considering he had like 3 outstanding seasons before leaving.
Well I certainly haven’t come across many who think ronaldo is a bigger legend for us than Rooney or Keane — maybe a few bitter towards Rooney.

Ronaldo is still a united legend though. He is not in the category of Scholes and Giggs but he will forever be a product of SAFs coaching which he also mentions often.

shamans

Yeah I agree largely with your sentiments. Left us in his prime to give Madrid his best years while claiming to be treated like a slave but people still idolise the man. When you see the difference in how posters speak about Rooney and Ronaldo, and (as you pointed out) the way people were cheering him on against our best and most important player this world cup it does get a bit much.
Most people cheered him on because an ex united star was playing against a team full of Barca and Madrid players who are our rivals.

gr3yham3

So.... if he goes to Juve, can we get one of their players to help them fund the move? Our no.10 is free right? Who is the Juve. no.10 again? :devil:

Hawks2008

Most people cheered him on because an ex united star was playing against a team full of Barca and Madrid players who are our rivals.
Does that not make Ronaldo a rival then? Or does he deserve more loyalty than our current best player just cause it used to be him?

Billy Blaggs

Flacco of the Blaggs tribe
Also, if you think Florentino Perez doesn't have a plan for life after Ronaldo both on the pitch and much, much more importantly off the pitch, then you are very naive.

@gaucho_10 my Madrid supporting friend said the same thing. There's a method to the madness

Judas

Open to offers
Would be brilliant to see him dominate a 3rd league. Should be able to get them a CL title too. Winning the CL in three different countries along with three different leagues. Beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.