Cristiano Ronaldo: Set to leave by mutual agreement

Is Ronaldo justified to say that he “feels betrayed” by Manchester United?

• Ronaldo should be not be allowed to play for United again

Votes: 1,536 81.7%
  • He's always been a massive bellend

Votes: 884 47.0%
  • Messi has always been the better player

Votes: 574 30.5%
  • He should be begged to come back with double the salary and ten Haag should bow to his greatness

Votes: 126 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Of course the leech will ask for a pay off.
This would be the only thing that would really irritate me. We knew Ronnie was looking for a move during the summer.
Nobody was willing to pay a transfer fee plus his salary. So he manufactures a situation where is can force his leave, hoping for a payout for cancelling the contract.

Player power.

AlexUTD

This would be the only thing that would really irritate me. We knew Ronnie was looking for a move during the summer.
Nobody was willing to pay a transfer fee plus his salary. So he manufactures a situation where is can force his leave, hoping for a payout for cancelling the contract.

Player power.
If he would get money for wanting to leave its money coming out of the supporters pocket wich he "loves". Ironic isnt it?

Skip to my Lou

Two of the biggest narcissists the world has ever seen.

I won´t lie though, i was genuinely excited when he came back. Nostalgica i guess, and since i am a hopeless romantic i want every player in the club to do well, no matter who they are.
But all bridges burnt now, get him the feck out!

Also:
Feck me! I really, really despise Piers Morgan. Look at his punchable smug face. Especially the part where Ronaldo says he´s better looking than Rooney. That fake, loud and insecure laugh from Morgan makes me wanna carve my eyes out.
I don´t think im able to sit through the full thing, i can barely manage a few seconds. Where Morgan deliberately put´s everything in a negative twist against United, and Ronaldo swalllows the bait.

Zed 101

In terms of loyalty and dedication to Utd we should remember that SAF and Utd were a key part of progressing him from raw talent to world class, I am sure he would have made it wherever he played but you cannot dispute the investment Man Utd put into him before he publicly courted Real Madrid and forced a move away from our club, forget the BS he ditched Utd because it is all about the Ronaldo legend, and I cannot criticise that, we used him, he used us, simple transaction and nothing wrong with it, but to pretend that there is or to accept the rhetoric that Ronaldo came back to somehow repay Utd, is naïve, Ronaldo is interested in himself and nothing else.

I have no doubt that Ronaldo believed he is so great that he could single handily have taken Utd to the treble, but I think that is more about what Ronaldo could do to boost his legend than a genuine desire to give back to the club and fans.

For those pundits that go on about how many goals Ronaldo scored for us last season, 21-22 with Ronaldo we scored 57 PL goals, the season before without Ronaldo we scored 73

Some stats don't lie 21-22 we were a worse team (defensively) when Ronaldo wasn't playing (attacking we had the same goals per game ratio) however 22-23 we are a much worse team when he plays significantly so, some of that may well be down to ETH not setting up the team to support Ronaldo but we cannot expect ETH to build a team around a 37 yo.

20-21 Goals per game for 1.92 goals against 1.16
21-22 Goals per game for 1.5 goals against 1.5
22-23 Goals per game for 1.43 goals against 1.43 (with R for 0.5 against 1.8, without R for 1.8 against 1.3)
All PL seasons Goals per game for 1.89 goals against 0.93

Stats can be used and abused to make a point, but what is clear ((IMO) our defence is still poor and we are a worse team under ETH's system if Ronaldo plays

You only have to look at his time at Juve to see the same pattern for Ronaldo to function the whole team needs to be set up to support him, for the team to function the opposite is true

bringbackbebe

Player power.
Whatever it is, it's not like he's banging in 4 goals a game and we're going to miss him. With or without this rant, he's a major liability of a player who can't play at the top level any longer. Faster we get rid of him and get this media circus behind us to focus on football, the better it's going to be.

Skills

Snitch
This really undermines his disrespect point. I'd say ten Hag is raging he bothered giving him the captaincy now, although it did give Ronaldo more rope.
I don't think he is. He's probably even more respected within the rest of the squad now after all of this.

Real Name

Who did after whoring himself out for all of Europe?

They gave him the time anyway so your point is what?
I'm kidding. It's what Ronaldo said.
And then said all right they believed me but the family is the most important.
So which is it Ronaldo?
He sounds so idiotic. And not only in that part of the interview or in general.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
I don't think he is. He's probably even more respected within the rest of the squad now after all of this.
Yeah the players know the truth.

Also it seems the players are not bothered. I guess they've learned to block out the Ronaldo noise.

I think so too, giving him the captaincy was playing a blinder, the players will see that ETH has been fair and quickly forgiving after Ronaldo acted the knob at Spurs and that Ronaldo is the disrespectful one.

nainaisson

I think a harsh but fair punishment for Ronaldo would be to force him to watch that awful Pogba documentary on Amazon Prime, with his eyes forced open the whole time like in that Clockwork Orange scene.

Nick7

Also it seems the players are not bothered. I guess they've learned to block out the Ronaldo noise.

He’s been throwing his toys out of the pram for 5 months now. I’d say they’re just as over it as 95% of our fans.

Real Name

Lisandro I think after Spurs game said he doesnt care about Ronaldo one bit. Something like that. And that's a right and good approach. Leave the kid be.

AnotherLondonManc

It's a shame he chose to be so inflammatory as this could have been an opportunity to get out of the club whilst endearing himself to the Utd fans.

If he would have just spoken out against the executives and the Glazers, which he did, and went on to say he no longer had respect for the club and wanted to leave in protest, I think we would all be behind him!

He could have even thrown in a comment like, 'I don't think ETH is the right man to take the club forward,' and this would have alienated himself from the manager enough to not get selected again without showing too much disrespect, and put himself in the situation where he has to leave.

Instead, he chose to disrespect the manager and lay childish insults against Rooney which has severley damaged his reputation and made him look like a cnut.

Baffling how poorly thought out this interview was when he could have had his cake and eaten it too. What is his PR team doing?

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
I guarantee when Ronaldo goes it will be Sancho stepping into the bad egg role. We always seem to have one whether its Pogba, Ronaldo etc. But something about Sancho just seems off to me.
I dont see that at all with Sancho. He appears to be very quiet and almost shy to a fault. Which is probaly his major issue at the moment as to why he is struggling in terms of confidence

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Are those the comments that triggered Ronaldo? We all know he's got huge ego but it reaches ridiculous levels it seems. Man is almost 38 for God's sake. Imagine if Argentina wins WC with Messi scoring the winner. He'd probably end up in mental institution.
Apparently that’s not the comment he was being triggered at. I think it was after Ronaldo refusing to play, Rooney then said something along the line of Ronaldo could be an unwanted distraction for United if he refuse to be ready to play for ETH.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
I'm kidding. It's what Ronaldo said.
And then said all right they believed me but the family is the most important.
So which is it Ronaldo?
He sounds so idiotic. And not only in that part of the interview or in general.
By his own admission the club never indicated to him that it didn’t believe him, so that thought even being in his head suggests he was in fact using his daughter as an excuse while his agent was whoring him around Europe.

Which would be incredibly low. I think we all know he’d have travelled to Madrid in an instant.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Omg Ronnie, would you just stop complaining?! It's getting boring now...

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
He was supposedly ill and not turning up to work for half that week so I don’t see how refusing to play and doing a 90 minute interview with piers Morgan shitting on your employers and manager is in any way respectful?
What he said in the interview was totally disrespectful. Would it be more disrespectful to drop the interview the day before a game? I'd say absolutely yes.

And playing a premier league match and sitting on a sofa don't require quite the same physical condition so I can't see what one has to do with the other.

LordSpud

What on earth are you chatting about? You know nothing about the player or the person for that matter. Utter tosh.
He had a bit of a reputation at City which is why they let him go with no buy back or anything. We'll see but I think he will become a bad one. Hope not for the club's sake because at the moment United are the laughing stock of the football world.

kaku06

This is the whole point. For once we get a competent manager and he says he doesn't respect him and throw him under the bus.
I don't care about what he says about his ex team mates. And none here cares either. But it's unacceptable that he said about ETH. He should feck off and should be sacked without any pay.
Agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.