Cristiano Ronaldo | Signs for United! Fcuk City

Status
Not open for further replies.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I suppose it's worth noting that City were not competitive rivals to us while Ronaldo was here, so he may not see them that way as much as someone who has played for us since around 2010 onwards.
That's not worth noting at all.

Zexstream

Anti-anti-racist
Why are we not signing him, he would be a god send.

God, i hate this club some times, sitting on our hands.

We can only do things other cluvs can dream off, yeah yeah.

MUFC OK

Tbh his respect for United probably disappeared when we stopped winning things.

I’ve unfollowed and blocked his account on everything already.

Siorac

Wait until he celebrates his goal at OT then shushes the crowd :lol:.
If this absolutely must happen (and I'd rather he overdosed on hair products than see him score at Old Trafford in a City shirt) then I hope he does a full Adebayor, just to really ram it home that he's a bit of a cnut.

youmeletsfly

I know football is a business and, most likely, he terribly wants to get out of Juventus, but if he comes to City he's a bit of a prick.
He's not like Zlatan who played a year there and another year here, he played 6 seasons for us. I hope our fans go wild on him.

YooNow

I have no idea why people here are so pissed off against Ronaldo for going to Man City.

The focal point of the problem is not with Ronaldo trying to move himself away from Juventus, and there being only one club which is Man City interested; it is about Man Utd not being interested in the player.

I am sure the man would join Man Utd in a heartbeat if, Man Utd did make an offer for him.

Obviously, Ole feels it not necessary to buy Ronaldo at the moment, which is unfortunate, and Cristiano has found himself only one viable option which is City.

Siorac

Why are we not signing him, he would be a god send.

God, i hate this club some times, sitting on our hands.

We can only do things other cluvs can dream off, yeah yeah.

1. He probably doesn't want to come here.
2. He'd cost an absolute fortune in transfer fees + wages for a 36-year-old.
3. He's 36, turning 37 in February.
4. We have a bloated squad as it is and can't seem to get rid of the likes of Lingard and Mata so point 2 is even more important.

Woodenlung

Don't know why so many are shocked about Ronaldo wanting to move to City. He left United 12 years ago. Any lingering affection he may have felt for the club has long eroded by now.

Plus City are still far more likely to win trophies than we are currently. I'm very optimistic about the squad we're building. It's full of exciting, young attacking talent. But we're still not as strong overall as City or even Chelsea.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I know people will say I’m dramatic but he’s done for me if this happens. Would be a massive disappointment from a player and a man I’ve probably looked up to my whole life. Yes I know blah blah it’s only football but I idolised him as a kid and have enjoyed his whole career. If he goes to city he’s basically admitting he never gave a damn about the Utd team or fans. Massive shame, anyway I look forward to now saying Messi was the better player all along!

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Now we've lost the Bruno chant.
Speaking on the whole Bruno front, Ronaldo convinced Bruno to sign for United over City allegedly, so why go to City himself?

This is ridiculous. Proper pissed off by this move which more than likely seems on.

El Zoido

Speaking on the whole Bruno front, Ronaldo convinced Bruno to sign for United over City allegedly, so why go to City himself?

This is ridiculous. Proper pissed off by this move which more than likely seems on.
Because he wants to play for a club that’ll help him achieve his personal goals, he’s already played for the two biggest clubs in football so doesn’t need to chase that prestige.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

Because Bruno and him don't work that well but most certainly because he wants a bigger chance of winning trophies with the highest possible wages

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
His commercial appeal alone will well and truly establish City once and for all. Look at the effect Messi's had on PSG's social media following before even kicking a ball.

I don't know why we're not even trying for him. His numbers for Juve are ridiculous.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I loved him from the moment I saw him toy with our team in that pre-season friendly. I genuinely don't think he has other plausible suitors than City. Juve want him out and there doesn't seem to be any interest from others. He's a backup option for City at this point.

If he goes there, I can only assume we did not make a move for him, as I still think he'd have chosen us easily over going there.

the_cliff

I'm really confused as to the shock and awe in this thread. :lol:

I'm trying to figure out where this idea that Ronaldo really cares about this club or any club for that matter comes from. I mean the difference with Ronaldo and his love for Portugal and his love for Madrid/United/Juve is night and day. Again. I'm not knocking the guy but he would defo join Barca/Milan/City/Liverpool if they were challenging for all honours and wanted to pay him. In Ronaldo's eyes club football is just a way to stack as many accolades as possible.

MUFC OK

I’m gonna have to stop listening to all the chat around football, of which there is a lot of content; podcasts, panel shows, radio shows etc and just watch Utd games. Doing this for zen.

Tom Van Persie

No relation

I think he's desperate to one up Messi and win another CL.
Bruno Bruno Bruno
He came from Sporting like Nani
He goes left. He goes right
Makes defences look shite.
He's our Portugese Magnifico
Works for me. I love Nani.

Skåre Willoch

If his fee is as low as reported, why aren't we swooping in for him? If only to show some muscle?

Haaland is supposedly a big, big fan of him as well, which might come in handy a year from now.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
I'm really confused as to the shock and awe in this thread. :lol:

I'm trying to figure out where this idea that Ronaldo really cares about this club or any club for that matter comes from. I mean the difference with Ronaldo and his love for Portugal and his love for Madrid/United/Juve is night and day. Again. I'm not knocking the guy but he would defo join Barca/Milan/City/Liverpool if they were challenging for all honours and wanted to pay him. In Ronaldo's eyes club football is just a way to stack as many accolades as possible.
His love for Portugal is clearly the greatest, but i'd say his relationship with RM is clearly above those other two, considering how hard he pushed to move there in the first place, and the length of his stay.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Meh, not really bothered. He's going there at 36 years old, and to be honest I don't really see things going all that well for him there. Probably throw a strop when Pep subs him off at 60 minutes because he's not pressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.