Cristiano Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
You don't think he's arrogant? Or that he dives? Or that he winds up the fans when he scores? Okay...
He hardly dives these days. You might see it every now and then but he cut that out of his game for the most part for years now.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
You don't think he's arrogant? Or that he dives? Or that he winds up the fans when he scores? Okay...
Messi is no better at those antics. Ronaldo is not the worst human being in the world, to be honest I enjoy it when he does it. I would love to wind up City fans if I was that good and just scored against them.

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
Fifa reopened the ballon d'or voting too.

So presumably Ribery has come out on top with the votes and this is them trying to get players to change :lol:

ricardinho

The away fans always go out of their way to make it an hostile environment for him so why shouldnt he wind up those clowns when he scores? The more hostile they are the better he thrives on hostility, in the end the win feels that much better.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
He hardly dives these days. You might see it every now and then but he cut that out of his game for the most part for years now.

He was diving all over the place tonight alone! Three times in the match Webb waved play on when he threw himself into the air. One of them every bit as bad as Gilardino's famous dive (youtube if it you've not seen it).

ricardinho

He was diving all over the place tonight alone! Three times in the match Webb waved play on when he threw himself into the air. One of them every bit as bad as Gilardino's famous dive (youtube if it you've not seen it).

bosnian_red

Not at all... he gets nudged and goes over and it seems soft because when you're running really quickly, all it takes is a small touch to knock you over. Rarely does he dive like we saw Young constantly do.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Messi is no better at those antics. Ronaldo is not the worst human being in the world, to be honest I enjoy it when he does it. I would love to wind up City fans if I was that good and just scored against them.

People will moan at Messi being brought into the discussion but whatever. Messi doesn't dive anywhere near as much as Ronaldo does nor is he a smug wanker to the opposition fans.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic

I do hate him but how does that detract from the points at hand? He was deemed (and it was proven to be the case on replay) to have dived at least 3 times tonight by the referee thus my reply to someone telling me he doesn't dive any more is a valid point, you'd think. Good input nonetheless.

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
The way he seems to wind people up for innocuous reasons just makes it all the more enjoyable to see him do well!

Such a brilliant player, people say we were robbed when we got £80M for him but I genuinely wouldn't have sold him for any realistic amount of money given the choice, not £100M not £150M! He and Messi are the closest to 'priceless' I'v ever seen.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
People will moan at Messi being brought into the discussion but whatever. Messi doesn't dive anywhere near as much as Ronaldo does nor is he a smug wanker to the opposition fans.
Yeah right, I don't believe that for a second.

Crumpsall Red

I do hate him but how does that detract from the points at hand? He was deemed (and it was proven to be the case on replay) to have dived at least 3 times tonight by the referee thus my reply to someone telling me he doesn't dive any more is a valid point, you'd think. Good input nonetheless.

because this didn't feckin happen. Just cos the ref doesn;t give a foul doesn't mean it was a dive. There were no dives, end of.

Cina

God damn, Moutinho's assists were as good as the goals themselves.

ricardinho

I let you feel miserable and dwell on three supposed dives, i'll be celebrating the three goals though.

Stop hating start appreciating.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Best player in the world, mate. I'm going to puke at the FIFA headquarters if he doesn't win the Ballon D'Or. Dragging Portugal to the World Cup by himself.
:lol:

You people. He scored in two of Portugal's WC qualifiers before the play-offs - against Luxembourg and Northern Ireland. I think Ronaldo deserves the Ballon d'Or this year too but come on. Sweden are not a good side. He can score another 150 goals for Madrid and I don't think it'll change anyones opinion of him. We know he's ruthless, we know he's incredibly consistent, we know he can score all types of goals...doing this over and over again won't make a difference because he's proven that all beyond any doubt. For some he's the 2nd best player ever, for some he's one of the best of his generation, for some he's the greatest human being to walk the earth - a couple of goals against Sweden or Sevilla has no impact on any of these opinions. Yet inevitably you get people jumping at the chance to tell people how AMAZINGGGGG the man is when he scores against weak opposition. It really does read like people feeling compelled to tell all their mates that the red power ranger is soooo cool, over and over and over again. He's my fav and I'm going to remind you all why every time he does that awesome punch. Just wow. Isn't he dreamy?

Heardy

@TotallyMUFC: Goals scored in 2013:

Cristiano Ronaldo - 66
Liverpool - 61
Arsenal - 58
Man City - 56
Man United - 54
Chelsea - 54
Spurs - 39

#WOW

Just saw this on twitter, mental if accurate!

Fergus' son

:lol:

You people. He scored in two of Portugal's WC qualifiers before the play-offs - against Luxembourg and Northern Ireland. I think Ronaldo deserves the Ballon d'Or this year too but come on. Sweden are not a good side. He can score another 150 goals for Madrid and I don't think it'll change anyones opinion of him. We know he's ruthless, we know he's incredibly consistent, we know he can score all types of goals...doing this over and over again won't make a difference because he's proven that all beyond any doubt. For some he's the 2nd best player ever, for some he's one of the best of his generation, for some he's the greatest human being to walk the earth - a couple of goals against Sweden or Sevilla has no impact on any of these opinions. Yet inevitably you get people jumping at the chance to tell people how AMAZINGGGGG the man is when he scores against weak opposition. It really does read like people feeling compelled to tell all their mates that the red power ranger is soooo cool, over and over and over again. He's my fav and I'm going to remind you all why every time he does that awesome punch. Just wow. Isn't he dreamy?

He delivered when it counted, for his country too. There are those that suggest he doesn't do this and keep levelling odd criticisms at him so it's only natural that it's being pointed out.

The fact that people will be unmoved even if he scores another 150 for RM is daft IMO.

Cantona'sCollar

This guy used to play for us. It's still so awe-inspiring, every time I watch him.

He turns 29 in February - does that make you feel old? I'm many years younger than him, and that makes me feel fecking old. :(

Jacob

Just finished watching the Sweden-Portugal game and I can't help to express my mixed feelings. Even though my country failed to reach the World Cup, that depressing feeling is in parts overshadowed by my awe for Cristiano Ronaldo. He epitomizes a real winner and I must say I am proud to be associated with the club that manufactured this glorious product. Whenever I see his (its) name I think of Sir Alex, and I am sure some of you will agree to that Ronaldo's mentality is a legacy of our great manager. A World Cup without Ronaldo would simply feel wrong, especially now that he is in his prime of his career and so many people look up to him. My mom juts asked me if Ronaldo is the best player in the world, to which I replied: Maybe, but for me he is definitely the best athlete of all time. That said, I thank Zlatan for giving us so much hope och excitement. For reminding us why we love football.

bosnian_red

He delivered when it counted, for his country too. There are those that suggest he doesn't do this and keep levelling odd criticisms at him so it's only natural that it's being pointed out.

The fact that people will be unmoved even if he scores another 150 for RM is daft IMO.
Yeah, a point many people kept throwing at him was he doesn't do it for the National team or he doesn't do it in big games, or when his team really needs him. He's dispelled that many times, but what better way to do it all at once and score a hat-trick to drag your team to the world cup right as it looks like Sweden are going to make an unlikely comeback.

bosnian_red

Just finished watching the Sweden-Portugal game and I can't help to express my mixed feelings. Even though my country failed to reach the World Cup, that depressing feeling is in parts overshadowed by my awe for Cristiano Ronaldo. He epitomizes a real winner and I must say I am proud to be associated with the club that manufactured this glorious product. Whenever I see his (its) name I think of Sir Alex, and I am sure some of you will agree to that Ronaldo's mentality is a legacy of our great manager. A World Cup without Ronaldo would simply feel wrong, especially now that he is in his prime of his career and so many people look up to him. My mom juts asked me if Ronaldo is the best player in the world, to which I replied: Maybe, but for me he is definitely the best athlete of all time. That said, I thank Zlatan for giving us so much hope och excitement. For reminding us why we love football.
Sorry man, I know how it feels to get beaten by Ronaldo in the playoffs for the world cup :( Twice actually.
Is Zlatan retiring from Sweden now? He's 32, and by the time the next international tourny comes he will be 35. Who knows if he'll still be playing even, although you wouldn't put it past him.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Jesus Christ Ronaldo is truly ridiculous. Not a big game player according to some :lol:

Just waiting for JaffyJoe to come up with his "he doesn't do enough in the big games for me".

Hat trick to take your team to the World cup good enough for you then mate? On form he's the best in the world right now, by a good distance too.

bosnian_red

Best stat ever!:lol:

OT: Ronaldo is just sick... One man team no matter where he goes.
Don't want to turn this into a kagawa thread, I was just wondering how he did today, as they beat Belgium 3-2 and I'm assuming you watched him?

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
I let you feel miserable and dwell on three supposed dives, i'll be celebrating the three goals though.

Stop hating start appreciating.

I called him a brilliant player who I'm grateful to be able to watch twice a week. That's not appreciating? Get a grip.

Fergus' son

Yeah, a point many people kept throwing at him was he doesn't do it for the National team or he doesn't do it in big games, or when his team really needs him. He's dispelled that many times, but what better way to do it all at once and score a hat-trick to drag your team to the world cup right as it looks like Sweden are going to make an unlikely comeback.
Really was a great performance, brilliant and memorable.

mic.m

likes to be nude when popping out baked brownies
I don't see how anyone can hate Ronaldo. He's a brilliant footballer. If he was a cnut like Suarez it would be understandable. But all he does is point at himself when he scores. If I was that great at football I'd do the same. His dives and theatrics are not as bad as players like Young, Suarez or Bale.

SirAF

Ageist

You're in the wrong thread if you don't want to read about Ronaldo, mate ;)

And yes, he is dreamy!

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?

What will it change? If scoring a goal a game means he's in that top tier then he's already done that for such a long period he has nowhere to go from here. It's like Eusebio in the late 60s/early 70s - just keeping up the good work, not really adding to his legacy. If modern football is king then Ronaldo's already the second best of all time. If people feel he needs to put on more big performances against top opposition then the latter stages of the CL and WC/Euros is the only place for that. He's not going to play a top team in the qualifiers.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Plus all away from home

Plugsy

Always love it when Twitter explodes full of people thinking they're the first people to cotton onto how good he is.

"He's played well in a match I'm watching. The combination of these facts must mean he's vastly superior to the player he was just 3 hours ago"

Fergus' son

What will it change? If scoring a goal a game means he's in that top tier then he's already done that for such a long period he has nowhere to go from here. It's like Eusebio in the late 60s/early 70s - just keeping up the good work, not really adding to his legacy. If modern football is king then Ronaldo's already the second best of all time. If people feel he needs to put on more big performances against top opposition then the latter stages of the CL and WC/Euros is the only place for that. He's not going to play a top team in the qualifiers.
It would complete a pretty astonishing career.

I value consistency, and the strength it takes to perform as he does for years on end. How someone can be completely unmoved by an extra 150 goals is beyond me. I can't be certain but I think Eusebio would be less highly regarded if he didn't keep up his scoring feats.

I bet those that wouldn't credit Ronaldo for scoring another 150 would certainly criticise him if his goal scoring dramatically dwindled, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.