Cristiano Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boycott

Come on Woody! You've got me optimistic!

Get him on a plane..

In all seriousness talk is he'll miss the first month or so of the season to recover from surgery. Remember he missed the opening of 08/09 for us after surgery in the summer following a long season with us (PL + CL) and Euro 2008.

Justin

He was smiling at the end with some Ghana players while lot of his teammates were crying. He wasn't celebrating his teammate goals. Injury has stopped him from celebrating his team goals? As I said, he isn't the best captain you'll see.
If he cries at the end, he gets labelled a cry baby.
If he celebrates goals, he's showboating.

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
The only thing worse than people criticizing Ronaldo is the people criticizing the people who criticize Ronaldo, innit.

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
He does it all at poor times. 4th goal in a 4-1 win - take shirt off, celebrate as an individual. Out of the world cup - "my team is average".

Sometimes he makes it very hard to like him although I still think he's an extraordinary player.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Ronaldo is an amazingly talented and hard working footballer, but as a man, very socially inept and quite detached from reality. Wants to be loved, but doesn't know how he should go about it, and often acts surprised when he shouldn't. It's very telling that he's such a controversial figure around here, with a significant number of people not liking him at all. An uber cnut like Figo was respected almost everywhere in the country.

He's a terrible captain, for so many different reasons. Narcissists playing for stats are poor leaders.

But then that's not his fault. It's not even an armband issue, because I don't see anyone with the balls to act as de facto leader, a vice-captain if you want. The rest of the team, the media, the managers and bureaucrats surrounding the NT are a bunch of spineless idiots. No one steps up, and they seem comfortable with an inept leader to soak all the pressure. Someone posted somewhere that we don't have a National Team, but a severe case of Ronalditis. He really should just do what he did at United and Madrid. Play football and be a part of the team.

Last edited:

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Pffft. Shouldn't even be alive, the useless fecker.

Seriously, though - what is this? Surely not something his mum would volunteer. And if it's not, it's surely the sort of thing anyone with a semblance of decency would regard as off limits in terms of printing it.

The world is cheap and sordid, I think.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Pffft. Shouldn't even be alive, the useless fecker.

Seriously, though - what is this? Surely not something his mum would volunteer. And if it's not, it's surely the sort of thing anyone with a semblance of decency would regard as off limits in terms of printing it.

The world is cheap and sordid, I think.
The article says she admitted it in her autobiography. Why the feck she needs to release an autobiography is beyond me.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Damn. Wanted to see him vs Vidic. @jojojo what type of side do you think Real will play against Inter? Might be going to that one.
I've not seen a squad list but I believe the ones that got past the group stage aren't going and Ronaldo's not cleared to train yet. Which would mean the Spanish players and the other Portuguese players will be there but no Benzema, Varane, Marcelo, Di Maria or Khedira. Morata's gone to Juve and Jese's still injured.

I guess what that adds up to is a first choice keeper, strong back 4 and midfield but not much of an attack - aside from Mr Gareth Bale of course.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Oh dear. Ronaldo's now gonna get even more abuse!
Yes, it's a weird one. Whatever reasons she had at the time, it's really not something you'd think she needs to broadcast to the world. Especially not while he's still playing. It's not as if there aren't enough abusive chants thrown at him already, without her offering some personalised ammo.

Unless of course it's a morality tale: don't abort that baby - one day it may be your meal ticket.

kps88

I'm always amazed by what seemingly rich/well off people are willing to do to sell a book.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
The article says she admitted it in her autobiography. Why the feck she needs to release an autobiography is beyond me.
The book's called "Mother Courage".

It was also honored with a prime-time interview in our major public service TV just after the evening news. It's supposed to be about the hardships and poverty through which she went through, and how it all turned out well in the end. I can't see the relevance of it either, it's not an extreme story of it's kind either (people don't usually starve do death in Portugal, they were just in the lowest bracket of income and I doubt he suffered from any kind of basic need in his infancy) and her courage went as far as proceeding with a 4th pregnancy after a doctor refusing to help her (abortion was illegal in Portugal by then) and some bullshit home-medicine failed. Mother Luck would probably be a more apt name. Ronaldo built himself, it's not like his family were a bunch of work-ethic role models.

But then it was almost certainly the idea of an editor and the journalist who wrote it and proposed it to Dolores hoping to make buck with it. As for her accepting, Ronaldo's whole family seems determined to accompany his celebrity-like status no matter how ridicule they look. His older brother seems the more normal and anonymous of the bunch. His awfully untalented sister Kátia calls herself a singer (even changing her artistic name to "Ronalda" did little to help her) and clings to reality shows nowadays.

Nothing wrong with it all, just a bit cringe worthy.

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
His face when the presenter puts it in his mouth and jiggles it... priceless. I love Japan.

United22

Just look at his face, he doesn't have three fecking clues as to what this idiot is saying

Status
Not open for further replies.