Cristiano Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shark

@NotShark
If Ronaldo didn't play and we knocked them out, it would be sweeter IMO. Surely he'd suffer more seeing his old team win from the stands or whatever, knowing that if he was on the pitch it might have been different?

I'd rather that he does play though, as I'm a football fan and I want to see the best of players out on the pitch over these two legs.

JayWalker

Ball Spotter
Still got the blues for you.. RIP The Loner. Hull
Yeah but my previous was more about making a point rather really hoping for his absence.Let's just say that if he were to get injured during the match (except for a truly horrible injury), I wouldn't feel sorry for him
Same here. Couldnt care less who plays for them and would be delighted if ronaldo was to miss both legs.
I agree with these two gentlemen. I'm happy Casillas is missing. I'd be even more happy if Ronaldo misses out. Couldn't care less about his 'return to OT'. I want us to progress through to the QF's. Ronaldo missing out enhances our chances greatly.

Keltoi

If Ronaldo didn't play and we knocked them out, it would be sweeter IMO. Surely he'd suffer more seeing his old team win from the stands or whatever, knowing that if he was on the pitch it might have been different?

I'd rather that he does play though, as I'm a football fan and I want to see the best of players out on the pitch over these two legs.
No it'd be sweeter if he played and they went out knowing that he couldnt knock us out. Also all the ABUs would just say "well they didnt have Ronaldo"

KanieKaned

so are you saying that Real Madrid at full power would humiliated Manchester United?
If we don't play to our full potential and they do, there's a very good chance they can tonk the feck out of us at the Bernabeu and OT. It's a strong team, thankfully they are a bit of a shambles at the moment.

We really need to be sharp as feck for these. Pressuring them from the very first whistle. If we sit back and show them a shit load of respect like we did with spurs we could be in for a shock.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
If we don't play to our full potential and they do, there's a very good chance they can tonk the feck out of us at the Bernabeu and OT .
That really is absolutely pointless? On the flip side, if they played really badly and we played really well, we would 'tonk the feck out of them'

beardsleybob

Why would you waste your time hoping to see Ronaldo suffer in the stands? You sound like a bitter ex to be bluntly honest with ya :wenger:

Looking forward to seeing Rooney trying to antagonize him :drool:

KanieKaned

That really is absolutely pointless? On the flip side, if they played really badly and we played really well, we would 'tonk the feck out of them'
What's pointless about it? didnt you ask earlier would real at full tilt humiliate united? You didn't ask what if both teams are in form, did you? It's a really tough call, for me I think their midfield could get at us more so than ours at them if both were going full tilt. Hopefully the unrest works in our favour and the boys step up.

Forward wise it's anyone's call. We shade that with Wazza and RVP for me.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
So who actually believes he'll score against us over the two legs? Is it inevitable that he will?

Personally I can see Rafael doing well against him if we can keep him wide, if he comes centrally Rio and Vidic might not be able to handle him though

ninety

So who actually believes he'll score against us over the two legs? Is it inevitable that he will?

Personally I can see Rafael doing well against him if we can keep him wide, if he comes centrally Rio and Vidic might not be able to handle him though
If anyone is going to score for Madrid and considering our defence, it is likely, Ronaldo's the man to do it. That said I don't think he's impossible to stop, his form this season hasn't been anywhere near it was from all reports. And Madrid have been off the boil. Personally I think we're better off with Vidic-Smalling as a centre back pairing because with Vidic Rio we are hopelessly exposed for pace and that's one of Ronaldo's strengths. I'm confident Rafael can do a good job on Ronaldo, he's come a long way in the last few years.

fadas

I said exactly the same thing to my best friend Jimmy in the playground last week. He has Ronaldo on his shirt and thinks he's the bestest ever too.

Tibs

I am just so feckING EXCITED about the games against Madrid...I just hope we turn up, and don't get raped like we did by Barca.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I wish we could say he is one of those players who went missing in the big games. But the fecker usually shines in them.

I never back against us and I think we can do them, but I am certain he will score at least one goal in the two legs.

Skorenzy

I wish we could say he is one of those players who went missing in the big games. But the fecker usually shines in them.

I never back against us and I think we can do them, but I am certain he will score at least one goal in the two legs.

With the amount of goals that Utd have conceded this season that's hardly an achievement...

adamwest

The speed to get away from the defender and lace it like that...

Fearing for our defence on Wednesday against this lad.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
With the amount of goals that Utd have conceded this season that's hardly an achievement...
No, but I think our main objective for these two legs is to replicate the Barcelona semi final in 08. When we conceded no goals.

If these 2 games turn into a goal fest, we will lose.

Skorenzy

No, but I think our main objective for these two legs is to replicate the Barcelona semi final in 08. When we conceded no goals.

If these 2 games turn into a goal fest, we will lose.

Well, I don't think they'll be able to create a lot chances from their possession and they probably won't dominate the game either; it's usually on the counter that they destroy teams, so what you describe seems the most likely strategy.

RedLars

And he sniffs out another.. 23 this season in La Liga so far, in his 22nd (I think?) match.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
He just passed it to orphan Modric instead of shooting. Don't think he'll do that again.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Poor lost meek orphan Modric, can't even afford a proper haircut, a flea beside a lion.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Another goal to complete his hat-trick. cnut.

RedLars

Hat-trick. The media will be raving about him being the next Gareth Bale if he keeps this up!

Status
Not open for further replies.