Cristiano Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amir

People just seem at times to have their heads stuck so deep inside their own countries behinds they don't realise football is also played elsewhere, and at a very good level. English tend to be very good at it. Bale better than Ronaldo? Deary me.

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
No, just that Real Madrid look awful whenever Ronaldo doesn't play thus greatly increases our chances of progressing.
Yeah right, you'll be on your feet applauding and somewhat comforted if he were to score the goals that knocked United out :lol:

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
That's interesting actually. Ronaldo being the player to knock us out really would soften the blow for Cal?

I'm always right

Cyber-bullying from Brwned and co. I see.

I'll take you at your word Cal as I'm certain you'd love him to miss the games and for United to win. Being a massive Ronaldo fan myself I'd love nothing more than him to miss both games through injury. Why.... well, cause I support Manchester United, go figure.

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
cyber bullying :lol: Just a bit of fun.

I hope he plays both games and you beat them with Madrid having no excuses.

Brwned

Cyber-bullying from Brwned and co. I see.
:wenger:

:wenger: Laughing at your own assumption without an ounce of proof nowadays?
It's common sense in fairness. You want Manchester United to win every game no matter what the circumstances, so I've no doubt you'd prefer he didn't play at all. If we were to lose to anyone though, you'd rather your favourite player would benefit in the process. There's no upside to someone like Benfica putting us out. If Madrid put us out then Ronaldo staying in the tournament (and staying in with a chance of that Ballon d'Or) is obviously an upside. Simple really. The only proof you need is the 1000s of posts on Ronaldo from you.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
:wenger:

It's common sense in fairness. You want Manchester United to win every game no matter what the circumstances, so I've no doubt you'd prefer he didn't play at all. If we were to lose to anyone though, you'd rather your favourite player would benefit in the process. There's no upside to someone like Benfica putting us out. If Madrid put us out then Ronaldo staying in the tournament (and staying in with a chance of that Ballon d'Or) is obviously an upside. Simple really. The only proof you need is the 1000s of posts on Ronaldo from you.
In that case it's not really that interesting is it. It's just the same as it would be for anyone and their favorite player whether it is Messi, Iniesta, Ribery or whoever.

Cal?

CR7 fan
So basically no different to the many who appear delighted that it was Messi & Barca who beat us in those 2 finals?

Some have insinuated that I'd rather Real win cos of Ronaldo, which is completely untrue. However, if we were to go out, would I rather we lost to Real rather than Barca? Think that's pretty obvious too...

In that case it's not really that interesting is it. It's just the same as it would be for anyone and their favorite player whether it is Messi, Iniesta, Ribery or whoever.
Well said

Brwned

I think it's interesting simply because I hadn't thought it through before. It's interesting to me that it's seen as a normal thing to have a favourite player that doesn't play for your team. I really can't imagine what it's like to have your favourite player knock your team out, it'd be a strange combination of emotions for sure. "fuuuuuuuuuuuuck", "see, told you he was amazing".

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I think it's interesting simply because I hadn't thought it through before. It's interesting to me that it's seen as a normal thing to have a favourite player that doesn't play for your team. I really can't imagine what it's like to have your favourite player knock your team out, it'd be a strange combination of emotions for sure. "fuuuuuuuuuuuuck", "see, told you he was amazing".
Pesonally, I don't really have any favorite players outside United. Heck, I don't think I have a favorite player at United either. But I don't think it's "abnormal" to really like a non United player. In fact, I don't like the use of the word normal with this sort of stuff. To each his own.

Infact, if anything, having a favorite player who became your favorite player through their time AT United seems like a pretty natural thing to happen.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
I really can't imagine a 20 year old due to store football matches from yonder years, and trying to know players in the 50's hoping to play drafts too.

What do I know, it did make you a mod though.

fishfingers15

I don't know Giggsy, it's a bit odd when Brwned is telling off others about supporting a favourite player not in the same team. He seems to know about Burruchaga as much as Georgie Best.

Brwned

I really can't imagine a 20 year old due to store football matches from yonder years, and trying to know players in the 50's hoping to play drafts too.

That cuts me deep, man. I'll be in tears for the rest of the day. Now I see the depths of despair this cyber-bullying can cause, I feel obliged to apologise to Cal?. Hopefully we'll both pull through in the end.

Hectic

Supports
30fps

Well, it didn't, but you can think that anyway. Can you imagine people watching films that were made before they were born, or from an older time purely because they enjoy watching movies? It's not really that hard to imagine is it.

Spoony

The People's President
I don't know Giggsy, it's a bit odd when Brwned is telling off others about supporting a favourite player not in the same team. He seems to know about Burruchaga as much as Georgie Best.
And how's that the same as obsessing over a player who applies his trade in a different country? I find player worship more than a tad strange for anyone over the age of 18.

Anyway time to stick on Sunset Blvd... I know more about that film than I do The Hobbit.

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
And how's that the same as obsessing over a player who applies his trade in a different country? I find player worship more than a tad strange for anyone over the age of 18.

Anyway time to stick on Sunset Blvd.
.. I know more about that film than I do The Hobbit.
the 1950s movie? i watched it three days ago. great movie

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
nahh, hope he plays.
As a fan I like to see United play against the best teams and players, winning would be even more sweet.
How did that work out against Barca in both CL finals ? I sure didn't enjoy it facing all those great players and how they humiliated the team

fishfingers15

That cuts me deep, man. I'll be in tears for the rest of the day. Now I see the depths of despair this cyber-bullying can cause, I feel obliged to apologise to Cal?. Hopefully we'll both pull through in the end.
I hope you pull through. And Cal? too.

Well, it didn't, but you can think that anyway. Can you imagine people watching films that were made before they were born, or from an older time purely because they enjoy watching movies? It's not really that hard to imagine is it.
I'd think that it's a bit tedious than collecting movies. Moreover, I would still find it difficult to see, with me probably knowing the result. You can make a case for reading the synopsis of the movie, but still I don't really think it's the same.

I do have a collection of old movies, and a collection of United highlights downloaded from our United video threads, mind you.

Anyway time to stick on Sunset Blvd... I know more about that film than I do The Hobbit.
What are you talking about? For your age, Sunset Blvd sounds right :D

Everybody knows Cal? likes Ronaldo. His post seemed fairly innocuous anyway and didn't seem like he's making a life or death choice between United and Ronaldo. I'm not sticking up for him anyway, with all this Henry and Ronaldo nonsense, Cal? hardly needs anybody to stick up for him.

I'm always right

That's not really the same thing though Hectic. Watching movies and watching sports events is entirely different.

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
What the feck are people banging on about? What wrong with watching an old football game? I agree that its not much different from watching an old movie.

Oldham

How did that work out against Barca in both CL finals ? I sure didn't enjoy it facing all those great players and how they humiliated the team
Bad indeed…but Real are not on the same level as Barcelona, and we are better than Real IMO.

Obviously it would enhance our chances of winning if Ronaldo is out, that’s not really my point and I understand why some people hope Ronaldo doesn’t play.

But you have to admit a win with Ronaldo playing would be sweeter…

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Bad indeed…but Real are not on the same level as Barcelona, and we are better than Real IMO.

Obviously it would enhance our chances of winning if Ronaldo is out, that’s not really my point and I understand why some people hope Ronaldo doesn’t play.

But you have to admit a win with Ronaldo playing would be sweeter…
I don't know, I gues I just don't see look at things from the same perspective as you.Knocking Real Madrid would be sweet, whoever plays or doesn't for them matters little to me

Varun

Staff
I don't know, I gues I just don't see look at things from the same perspective as you.Knocking Real Madrid would be sweet, whoever plays or doesn't for them matters little to me
Same here. Couldnt care less who plays for them and would be delighted if ronaldo was to miss both legs.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
So basically no different to the many who appear delighted that it was Messi & Barca who beat us in those 2 finals?
You are so obsessed. I don't think many people were "delighted". More a sense of appreciating a good performance.

It's like saying the whole of Old Trafford was delighted that Fat Ronaldo knocked us out in 03 because he received a standing ovation.

Status
Not open for further replies.