Cristiano Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brophs

The One and Only
He used us to get a better deal at Madrid. I don't know how that hasn't been obvious to people from the start.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
Never in a million years did I expect him to come back and nor do I blame him for staying at Madrid and for the wages he's on. Fair play to him.
Exactly why do they think every other player hopes for when they get a chance to play in the big league ? Of course they want better wages hard work deserves good rewards. Who are we to say that they don't deserve what they get. They're also some posters on here who say they don't care about Ronaldo and take every opportunity to bash him..grow up already the haters talk about him more than anyone else.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
net = after tax ?

That's more than Ribery, Robben, Müller, Mandzukic and Kroos together. :lol:
Difference is that those guys are playing for the European champions. Ronaldo isn't world footballer of the year or league champion from last season. For the money he and Bale are earning I would be expecting them to win everything, but they won't.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
Difference is that those guys are playing for the European champions. Ronaldo isn't world footballer of the year or league champion from last season. For the money he and Bale are earning I would be expecting them to win everything, but they won't.
It's a new season..anything can happen

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
But he's selling more shirts ;). The great thing about it is that as long as Real Madrid pay massively over the top for transfers and wages, they can't use their financial power to build better teams than clubs like Bayern or United. Long may it continue.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
But he's selling more shirts ;). The great thing about it is that as long as Real Madrid pay massively over the top for transfers and wages, they can't use their financial power to build better teams than clubs like Bayern or United. Long may it continue.
Exactly. They just don't seem to grasp that you can have attractive football and still have a good defence,

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
Maybe, but Real are paying all this money and still have an awful defense.
Well I think the two goal scoring machines balances that off. Other teams may have better or similar defence but other than Barca I don't think any other team has the goal scoring capabilities Real Madrid has at the moment. Bale scoring on his debut looks very promising.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Well I think the two goal scoring machines balances that off. Other teams may have better or similar defence but other than Barca I don't think any other team has the goal scoring capabilities Real Madrid has at the moment. Bale scoring on his debut looks very promising.
If only they had just as many players who could create the chances for all those players brilliant at finishing. They probably buy Falcao next if they struggle to score against teams with a solid defense and still don't understand why it won't help them winning the CL.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Who needs Ronaldo when you've got the likes of Young and Valencia.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The moment he agreed with Blatter on the Slavery comments, for me he dishonoured the club. He got what he wanted and I hope he stays with Real Madrid forever because a cnut and a cnutish club deserve each other.
I personally still like him. He was always going to leave us and yes he could have handled it better, but in not too bothered about it. But I don't have any delusions that he's got united in his heart or any bulshit like that. Ronaldo is a very individualistic player. He formed some great relationships at united ( particularly ferguson who he always looked up to) but it's more a relationship with united of having enjoyed his time and success here rather than anything more.

Indeed, Messi, Neymar, Xavi and Iniesta...:drool: At best, Madrid have Ronaldo and Bale.
And I don't even think madrid's two suit each other. All of barca's are extremely intelligent players with Neymar the possible exception. Madrid have a front three of Ronaldo, bale and benzema, none of whom are extrmely intelligent footballers in the same way that barca's are. Good at finding space and being direct and a goal great but I think they have top many pure attackers and too few playmakers. Should have kept Ozil.

DocRockter

This means nothing in todays game.. If he wants to come back say summer of 2015, he can make it happen..

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
I personally still like him. He was always going to leave us and yes he could have handled it better, but in not too bothered about it. But I don't have any delusions that he's got united in his heart or any bulshit like that. Ronaldo is a very individualistic player. He formed some great relationships at united ( particularly ferguson who he always looked up to) but it's more a relationship with united of having enjoyed his time and success here rather than anything more.
I still do like him very much myself and even if he doesn't have united in his heart he'll always remember us as the team that help mould him to be what he is today.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Well, at least we won't have the tedious "it's ON" nonsense every day.

The costs of bringing him back would have been ridiculous, and it's probably best we stick with the memories of how terrific he was first time round.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
You lot are so weird...he left years ago and was clearly never going to return. I've seen such obsession with an ex-player from anybody.

Tibs

<\3

Good luck to him on an individual level but I hope Barca win La Liga and Copa del Rey for the next 5 years

Proud_Lyon

Banned Cnut
If my calculations are correct, Ronaldo will play on average 4,950 minutes per season. Multiply this over 5 years and you get 24,750 minutes of football. For his salary of 76 million pounds per year over 5 years, I believe that works out at 3,070 pounds per minute or 276,363 pounds per game. I think it is a good idea for the likes of Platini to try and bring in this FFP for all clubs because it will never end. Buying Bale for an obscene amount and giving Ronaldo the dream he wanted (of being the highest paid footballer in history) has clearly set an unprecedented standard where even substandard players will demand obscene amounts when the clubs cannot afford it.

SuecoGitano

Doubt he will come back. never thought he would and dont think so now either. having said all that, a contract extension means 0

Status
Not open for further replies.