Cristiano Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.

RooneyLegend

Find it absurd that a sport which its seasons are based on an august to may schedule gives its most prestigious award based on calendar year performance. Even though that's how the theory behind it has always been, in practice it hasn't been like this. The award should represent what a player did the season before(exception being years of big international tournaments) rather than how many goals a player can score vs Valecano, Sevilla, and Sociedad in november despite being pointless in the two biggest games that have them lying 3rd in their league table.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
They are so poor that I don't consider them Italian. Jokes aside, that may be true now. He's certainly improved in that sense this year.

Before 2013 and all the games against Milan this year, he had an atrocious record. Worse than that of Zlatan vs English teams. Something like 0 goals from open play in 9 games.
I remember when the same thing was said about Ronaldo and big games, about Messi and English teams, about Messi on English territory, ... It's basically nonsense IMO.

Oh and by the way, Milan weren't considered "so poor" when they completely shut out Barcelona in the San Siro when they beat them 2-0...

Nedved

I remember when the same thing was said about Ronaldo and big games, about Messi and English teams, about Messi on English territory, ... It's basically nonsense IMO.

Oh and by the way, Milan weren't considered "so poor" when they completely shut out Barcelona in the San Siro when they beat them 2-0...

It does not take away anything from his quality, but it may indicate that certain type of tactics suit some players less. Juventus had plenty of possession against Real, and Ronaldo punished that on the counter in a way I don't think Messi would have done.

Ronaldo, Messi and Ibrahimovic have all been questioned because of their performances against some opposition, wrongfully called chokers or flat track bullies. That Inter side which conceded three Gareth Bale goals on counter attacks a few years ago may have been able to shut down Messi. That doesn't make the latter a worse player.

SirAF

Ageist
Terrific header, he was nailed on to win the match for Portugal after he got that yellow card I think!

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
He was awful tonight. Got the goal though, even though it looked like a possible own goal.

Jacob

He was very unprofessional today, not deserving of a goal or victory but congrats to him.

NM

Sulky, doing childish gestures to Lustig, negative body language and generally being a nuisance.

If anything, Lustig is the one who should be chided here. Faked a headbutt.

Sir A1ex

Yeah, that was shocking from Lustig. You could see his brain working as it took him a couple of seconds to realise it would be a massive advantage to his team if Ronaldo got sent off, and then make the decision that this outweighed any notion of sportsmanship. Could practically see him looking at the devil on one shoulder and the angel on the other before doing it.

Eriku

Poor game from him, but scored a goal and hit the crossbar with a good header shortly after.

Not anywhere close to being my favourite player, but damn he's effective.

Laphroaig

Lustig's still in the NT? I thought the Celtic fans hated him and I saw him live in a pre-season friendly vs Union Berlin. One of the most clueless performances I've seen.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Elmander should also have been sent off. Got a yellow for mouthing off and then a minute later quite clearly dived in the box to try and win a penalty. Got lucky.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
He scored winning goals, here, there and everywhere. He won games every week.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Lustig's still in the NT? I thought the Celtic fans hated him and I saw him live in a pre-season friendly vs Union Berlin. One of the most clueless performances I've seen.

We love Lustig. He's one of our best players and is brilliant in the Champions League.

As far people blaming Lustig for the clash with Ronaldo, come the feck on. Ronaldo puts the head into him and Lustig holds his eye. Maybe exaggerated how painful it really was but you just can't do that if you're Ronaldo. Wonder what would happen if the same thing happened to Ronaldo. Oh, wait, it's happened before and here's how it played out...

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news
We love Lustig. He's one of our best players and is brilliant in the Champions League.

As far people blaming Lustig for the clash with Ronaldo, come the feck on. Ronaldo puts the head into him and Lustig holds his eye. Maybe exaggerated how painful it really was but you just can't do that if you're Ronaldo. Wonder what would happen if the same thing happened to Ronaldo. Oh, wait, it's happened before and here's how it played out...

:lol: Shocking.

MoneyMay

Poor Lustig.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus

He really is a fecking tool.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )

:) reminds me of this incident..I laughed so hard..It's funny and not funny at the samee time.

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news
:) reminds me of this incident..I laughed so hard..It's funny and not funny at the samee time.

In those days the rivalry was so intense, el clasico's were a war. It was Ramos and Arbeloa that picked him up, I guess all is forgotten when they get with the national side. That is shocking from Villa too, I think it is just more accepted on the continent than it is here.

Godfather

I wonder whether the Swedes are practicing that in training. Did it against us as well. Just that Arnautovic was sent off as well.

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
I haven't seen the games, but he's scored two goals in two games for Portugal in the vital WC qualifiers vs Sweden.

Are people going to say he was in fact not all that great, should've tracked back more, should've created more and his goals just mask these facts?

SirAF

Ageist
I haven't seen the games, but he's scored two goals in two goals for Portugal in the vital WC qualifiers vs Sweden.

Are people going to say he was in fact not all that great, should've tracked back more, should've created more and his goals just mask these facts?

They probably will :lol:

There were silly chants of "Messi" from the swedes before his goal, knew he would score after that.. :D

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
If we had Ronaldo still we'd be top by like 10 points. The guy is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.