Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Kept Mane quiet but wasnt really good attackingly so might as well played Shaw. Although the latter was dodgy in injury time, someone needs to explain to him what a clearance is, just kept the ball in play whilst they were obviously looking for a last chance.

Bwuk

Him and Young deserve a lot of credit, as Mane and Clyne managed to produce f*ck all today.

Sylar

Would like to see a game where he plays with Herrera and Pogba as a three.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Kept Mane in his pocket all game. Slip aside, he did really well. Always like him and feel safe with him at left back.

TheDutchLad

Supports
Feyenoord
Decent performance. I think due to tactics, he did not offer a lot going forward.

prath92

Looked like Bambi on ice, giving the ball away three or four times within a minute. Mostly solid though and coped well with Mane today.
Wouldn't blame him on the slip though. Many players I noticed were slipping. Including Liverpool players. Maybe something in the pitch

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Done well then had his usual concentration fart that happens almost every game and could have cost us the points. Can't wait for Shaw to be back in but fair play to Blind he does well but has a mistake or two in him every game.

Rossa

Wouldn't blame him on the slip though. Many players I noticed were slipping. Including Liverpool players. Maybe something in the pitch
Everyone can slip, but that doesn't explain why he was so generous gifting them the ball twice thereafter within seconds. As I said though, good for the most part defensively but didn't offer much going forward.

Traub

Was that slip basically in the identical place where Gerrard famously slipped?

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Would like to see a game where he plays with Herrera and Pogba as a three.
Agreed

-----------Blind-----------
---Herrera-----Pogba----
Mata----Zlatan---Martial

Our midfield is lacking one player to click and i think Blind could be that player. His range of passing alone should be enough to try him there, but when you factor in his calmness and tactical nous aswell, i can't help but feel he would be great in a midfield three with Pogba and Herrera

Bwuk

I'm not sure why people want him to be our deepest midfielder when Ander has been terrific there.

coolredwine

lameredboots
I'm not sure why people want him to be our deepest midfielder when Ander has been terrific there.
Because Herrera still has question marks over his tackling, which, tbh are fair enough. And with Blind in the middle, it frees up Pogba and Herrera to bomb up and down.

Lets see what happens with Shaw coming back to match fitness though.

Chelsea 4:0 Man Utd

SER19

I'm a blind fan, and I actually think he's a very good left back. Unfortunately, and ill stand by this, in every game he starts in defence he gives away one goal scoring chance. It has to be shaw

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Why isn't Shaw playing? I've never understood anyone thinking Blind is a good left back, far more effective elsewhere.

Skills

Snitch
If he never plays a single game for us again, we'll have made a huge stride forward as a club.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Why isn't Shaw playing? I've never understood anyone thinking Blind is a good left back, far more effective elsewhere.
He's had plenty of good games there and did well to work his way into the team. But yeah, probably best to revert back to Shaw.

JB08

He's had plenty of good games there and did well to work his way into the team. But yeah, probably best to revert back to Shaw.
I think he's been a lot better at CB. He can't rely on his reading of the game as much out wide, and without a partner like Bailly. I can't remember ever being impressed with him as a fullback, but I think he's a great defender in general.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I think he's been a lot better at CB. He can't rely on his reading of the game as much out wide, and without a partner like Bailly. I can't remember ever being impressed with him as a fullback, but I think he's a great defender in general.
I'm kind of the opposite: I think he's good for cover at CB and as a ball playing defender, but he's regularly exposed in bigger games against strong/pacey players and plays his defensive role a bit too much like a midfielder. I do think he's often played well there (like at LB), but I'm not convinced he's too much better there than he is out at left-back. As for his performances there, his 14/15 spell was probably his best...but then to be fair we were playing superbly as a team on the whole during that period.

JB08

I'm kind of the opposite: I think he's good for cover at CB and as a ball playing defender, but he's regularly exposed in bigger games against strong/pacey players and plays his defensive role a bit too much like a midfielder. I do think he's often played well there (like at LB), but I'm not convinced he's too much better there than he is out at left-back. As for his performances there, his 14/15 spell was probably his best...but then to be fair we were playing superbly as a team on the whole during that period.
That's fair enough. Also worth remembering that Shaw was barely available for that whole season, so as we said, it's best to play him there this season when we can.

Giggsy92

His positioning can be pretty shocking for a supposedly intelligent footballer.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
His positioning can be pretty shocking for a supposedly intelligent footballer.
I think his general footballing intelligence is probably overplayed a bit because he's alright on the ball for a defender. His positioning at CB last season was sometimes very poor...played more like a midfielder sitting deep than an actual defender.

William Hill

Feck off Blind.. It's like parody that we still have the likes of him and Fellaini in our starting 11.

Dante

Average bang
He's decent at reading the play when it's ahead of him. But he's pretty bad at dealing with balls played in behind.

Neville's just agreed with me.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
He's decent at reading the play when it's ahead of him. But he's pretty bad at dealing with balls played in behind.

Neville's just agreed with me.
Pretty much. He's fine when the games at an easy enough pace but put him under any sort of consistent pressure and he begins to fall apart.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He and Smalling are having a competition to see who can have the worst 45 minutes. Neck and neck so far.

Dante

Average bang
Pretty much. He's fine when the games at an easy enough pace but put him under any sort of consistent pressure and he begins to fall apart.
I think it's even simpler than that:

He can defend when he's facing forward, away from goal. He can't defend when he's facing any other direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.