Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ibi Dreams

Even if Mourinho doesn't particularly fancy him in any position, he'd be wise to keep him anyway. There aren't many players out there who can fill in at three different positions as well as Blind can, and he seems to have a great attitude. I really like him and he can definitely do an O'Shea like role in our squad at the very least.

Jaybomb

Played well against City I think. Shame his prone to some real blunders from time to time, otherwise he'd be a great CB.
I haven't seen him make many errors tbh. When he's in midfield, sometimes he misplaces a pass or gets over run but at CB and LB, he's been solid.

He's no longer a "risk" at CB as he's been comfortable there for nearly 2 seasons now.

donkeyfish

I haven't seen him make many errors tbh. When he's in midfield, sometimes he misplaces a pass or gets over run but at CB and LB, he's been solid.

He's no longer a "risk" at CB as he's been comfortable there for nearly 2 seasons now.
Made a mistake against Anderlecht right before their goal. Arguably two, although the clearance was pretty difficult. Should've stepped up a few yards to the rest of the line though.

It's a bit strange since he does seem comfortable most of the time, but do blunder some easy stuff on occasion.

Home&Away

Made a mistake against Anderlecht right before their goal. Arguably two, although the clearance was pretty difficult. Should've stepped up a few yards to the rest of the line though.

It's a bit strange since he does seem comfortable most of the time, but do blunder some easy stuff on occasion.
To be fair that was his first game at Cb after a significant period of time. Seriously though - this guy if he had non stop games at CB especially in a team that holds on to possession- heck even arsenal; I'm sure he would be directly competing for starting positions.

Part of me does hope that he gets to play in midfield and axel starts at CB though. Would be pretty sweet outcome on the back of some horrible periods.

kr0nix

He's got a terrific attitude and applies himself well. If I were in Jose's shoes I'd much rather show Jones or Smalling the exit over Blind.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)

Do you think it's a blunder too then after Blind played them onside, Bailly just stood there and didnt recover to get back and clear the ball but instead just left Blind to his destiny being 1 vs 2? Or when Aguero hit the post and he was nearest to Bailly, Bailly just stood there man marking the air while Blind made a run to Aguero but was too late considering the distance he was off Aguero? It seems like "blunders" onlu count for Blind on here.

Womp

idiot
He's a good defender but he's not better than Rojo or Bailly, who should both be our first options.

Rajeev

Do you think it's a blunder too then after Blind played them onside, Bailly just stood there and didnt recover to get back and clear the ball but instead just left Blind to his destiny being 1 vs 2? Or when Aguero hit the post and he was nearest to Bailly, Bailly just stood there man marking the air while Blind made a run to Aguero but was too late considering the distance he was off Aguero? It seems like "blunders" onlu count for Blind on here.
True, I can point out many,many blunders Smalling and Jones have done too, especially Jones. Blind has committed errors too, which is why he lost his place at CB early on in the season and none of our defenders are anywhere near world class. It's just that Jose likes his tall players more, no matter what you do height counts more for Jose.

Sammyjunn

True, I can point out many,many blunders Smalling and Jones have done too, especially Jones. Blind has committed errors too, which is why he lost his place at CB early on in the season and none of our defenders are anywhere near world class. It's just that Jose likes his tall players more, no matter what you do height counts more for Jose.
Agreed, he is no long term first CB that is evident, but as a back up he's excellent.

Home&Away

His passing even straight out of a tackle is genuinely top quality. A shame he hasn't had a single game in midfield especially considering he would add a lot to our attacking ability as well as defensively from there.

Minimalist

I still laugh at the clowns who think he can't do a better job than Michael Carrick in midfield. It's top level delusion at this stage given how poor the latter is.

Sammyjunn

I still laugh at the clowns who think he can't do a better job than Michael Carrick in midfield. It's top level delusion at this stage given how poor the latter is.
Im Blind's biggest fan on here but Carrick is excellent and on another level, I think Blind could do a better job than Fellaini and Schneiderlin, but Carrick is so good on the ball, so calm and his defensive positioning and reading is world class. Blind would need years experience to come to such level. Carrick is on the decline though, gets sloppier every week.

Minimalist

Im Blind's biggest fan on here but Carrick is excellent and on another level, I think Blind could do a better job than Fellaini and Schneiderlin, but Carrick is so good on the ball, so calm and his defensive positioning and reading is world class. Blind would need years experience to come to such level. Carrick is on the decline though, gets sloppier every week.
Yeah but that's Carrick at his hypothetical best.

He hasn't been producing that consistently for years.

CaptainBirdseye

Have a sad feeling he won't be inclined to renew his deal with us eventually unless he's properly in the first team picture. Definitely think he'll do a great job whether he stays here or goes elsewhere. Just don't have a clue what position that will be in!

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He might aswell play in midfield, Carrick is standing next to him.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Like Blind but again switched off and gave a goal scoring chance away.

Rossa

Nobody mentioning how he without any positional awareness gave Ayew a good chance by playing him offside, ten yards behind any other defender. That's what he gives every game. Other than that, he made a great tackle and been decent.

prath92

Nobody mentioning how he without any positional awareness gave Ayew a good chance by playing him offside, ten yards behind any other defender. That's what he gives every game. Other than that, he made a great tackle and been decent.
That was more than anything good play by ayew to stay on rather than anything

Lawman

See my post above yours

Home&Away

See my post above yours
I think you also said he lets a goal a game? Been 3 games so far where I have yet to see a team capitalise on his so called goal scoring mistakes. Just saying.

I'm no way saying Daley is faultless. He may play some people inside but he has also always been used as a jack of all trades and a master of none. Having games in one position and building partnerships will no doubt improve his little errors.

Furthermore, I don't think any of us is saying that blind should start before Rojo, but if playing some strikers offside is the mistake he is prone to - he has had enough good games at CB with good qualities to play him further up the pitch as a midfielder. Then the whole offside thing is out of question surely?

Turamb

One of the few decent players today. Important squad player.

Lawman

I think you also said he lets a goal a game? Been 3 games so far where I have yet to see a team capitalise on his so called goal scoring mistakes. Just saying.

I'm no way saying Daley is faultless. He may play some people inside but he has also always been used as a jack of all trades and a master of none. Having games in one position and building partnerships will no doubt improve his little errors.

Furthermore, I don't think any of us is saying that blind should start before Rojo, but if playing some strikers offside is the mistake he is prone to - he has had enough good games at CB with good qualities to play him further up the pitch as a midfielder. Then the whole offside thing is out of question surely?
Not sure what you are getting at (Blind in midfield?) I have never once mentioned this. I just think Blind gives away to many chances to be top quality. Today he gave away 2 top chances that should have been a goal.

Devil may care

Poor today, looked overly anxious both positionally and when on the ball, rarely seen him give it away so often.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Not sure what you are getting at (Blind in midfield?) I have never once mentioned this. I just think Blind gives away to many chances to be top quality. Today he gave away 2 top chances that should have been a goal.
He did? Swansea's two good chances were a foul and offside. Their best chance was the free kick which was Rooney's fault. Swansea actually weren't dangerous at all and they only scored because of Rooney's stupidity.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Poor today, looked overly anxious both positionally and when on the ball, rarely seen him give it away so often.
Odd, totally disagree. Can't seem to find stats yet, but I thought his passing was excellent. Towards the end of the match he was basically being asked to quarterback from CB against 10 men, and barely gave it away.

Technically the chance he presented Llorente was offside, but yeah, in that situation you go with the man.

Certainly not our biggest issue.

Lawman

He did? Swansea's two good chances were a foul and offside. Their best chance was the free kick which was Rooney's fault. Swansea actually weren't dangerous at all and they only scored because of Rooney's stupidity.
He played the guy onside and then let Llorente go with weak marking.

donkeyfish

He's not the only one that's for sure.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
These were two mistakes he made that both should have been goals for Swansea
Being fouled is a mistake?

Ayew's shot wasn't dangerous. His angle was bad, De Gea was never conceding from there. He shot as well as he could but De Gea stopped it.

Lawman

Being fouled is a mistake?

Ayew's shot wasn't dangerous. His angle was bad, De Gea was never conceding from there. He shot as well as he could but De Gea stopped it.
That was a good chance by Ayew and DDG did a good save. He was weak in his defending at the free kick against Llorente.

Status
Not open for further replies.