Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rossa

Maybe it's just me and the the guys I watched the match with, but we thought he was terrible yesterday. His positioning was way off - he went into a duel right into the path of Smalling - obviously he lost that, which led to Martial having to track back to the corner flag to bail him out. Then he was done for pace a couple of times, and the number of times people had to cover for him at left back was concerning. In attack, his crossing was Bebe-esque, and his lack of speed became apparant once more as he had ten yards on his defender, but was caught easily and had to resort to an early cross that hit row z. Also, early on he had a clearance that an 80 year old with arthritis would not have had to make - is he the least agile player that ever played the game?

Acole9

Outstanding
So random that he took the penalty last night, just as well he actually scored!

Home&Away

Selling him would be as dumb as chelsea selling matic; yet as a fan of the player - I so so want to see him be played in his best position & considering half the country plays 3 at the back there is plenty of space for him to do so.

Pretty sad really. :(

Home&Away

:lol: Herrera is doing blind's job all day.

José doesn't have the balls to play a ball playing defender in the middle of our defence. Unless of course we need to then play our midfielder there instead.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Especially at home when you see how much space our CBs are getting yet they're just passing it sideways, I'd love to see Blind play because he can play killer passes all day.

Pogba and Matic have shown they can be huge threats further upfield so, with Blind playing, they wouldn't need to come deep as often as they do which could only help our attack. Plus, he's not just good with the ball; he's a fine defender, too.

Shamshi

Especially at home when you see how much space our CBs are getting yet they're just passing it sideways, I'd love to see Blind play because he can play killer passes all day.

Pogba and Matic have shown they can be huge threats further upfield so, with Blind playing, they wouldn't need to come deep as often as they do which could only help our attack. Plus, he's not just good with the ball; he's a fine defender, too.
This is how I feel, would be sad if he was sold.

Bojan11

Darmian has been shit.

But this is why Young starts ahead of him and I’m not a big fan of his.

Roboc7

Not good enough even as a backup lb, can’t have fullbacks who are so slow and offer so little going forward. Darmian is even worse but both need to be moved on.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
In his defence, he's not a friggin left back. Never had the acceleration required to match wide attackers. It boggles the mind why he keeps getting shoe-horned in there.

Kapardin

Got flak for saying he was average at the start of the season, but there you go.

His pretty passing sometimes deceives people. Not good enough.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
In his defence, he's not a friggin left back. Never had the acceleration required to match wide attackers. It boggles the mind why he keeps getting shoe-horned in there.
The problem with Blind is that he's not really anything. He hasn't got the presence, power or pace to play in any of his supposedly preferred positions. Its incredible we spent £17 million on him really. He's a counterfeit John O'Shea.

R'hllor

I like Blind but on current form, Mitchell might look like a proper LB, wont comment about Shaw.

AndyJ1985

Another painfully average squad player who isn't particularly good at anything. We have a fair few of them

Anderley

I just don't get why we don't try and get Shaw into match fitness. It simply cannot be worse than this. Young the obvious first choice at LB at the moment.

Irrational.

Slow as feck and is food and drink for any decent winger, who will beat him every time.

Not good enough even to be a squad-level player.

binary bot
The problem with Blind is that he's not really anything. He hasn't got the presence, power or pace to play in any of his supposedly preferred positions. Its incredible we spent £17 million on him really. He's a counterfeit John O'Shea.
He's a great squad player. The odd bad performance doesn't change that.

el3mel

His lack of pace was painfully frustrating. He always tries to play it tidy, get the ball, pass, get it, pass again till he gets a chance at a cross. He doesn't know how to sprint and you can't be a modern fullback without some pace and courage going forward.

Smores

He's a great squad player. The odd bad performance doesn't change that.
A great squad player should be reliable in at least one position. They also can't afford to have as many bad games as he does.

binary bot
A great squad player should be reliable in at least one position. They also can't afford to have as many bad games as he does.
He's stood in at midfield, centre back and right back - and had consistently good spells in the latter two. I don't think he's had many bad games to be honest.

Everyone is shit on here after a defeat.

The United

He is a bit of like Rooney. Gotta play in a row. I remember him being shaky last season being played in CB at the end of season then he got better and better and was great in the euro final.

He didn't have a good game plus we deciding to sit back with no idea of how to do it exactly didn't help our whole backline not just him. The whole backline was shaky in 2nd half.

Rossa

and todays scape goat is ..........
Scape goat? He was terrible. I have no clue what he was doing for their goal, but he seems completely clueless of his surroundings. He is outpaced so easily, like in the first half against an average player, and when Blind loses the run, he lets Rojo do his defending without bothering to back him up. He’s useless. His crossing is also subpar.

Gusjaros

Supports
Several teams
Scape goat? He was terrible. I have no clue what he was doing for their goal, but he seems completely clueless of his surroundings. He is outpaced so easily, like in the first half against an average player, and when Blind loses the run, he lets Rojo do his defending without bothering to back him up. He’s useless. His crossing is also subpar.
I don't think a 1-0 loss against BASEL depends on the performance of one player alone.

ROFLUTION

Before the goal there was a run from a player on his side where he looked like moving in slow motion and as if he could not care less. The winger was completely free like when they scored, but didnt receive the pass. Terrible performance by Blind.

Sylar

His positioning for the Basel goal was weird. he had the man all the way, until the cross comes in, then he just stops and ball watches until its too late.

Devil may care

His sloth like pace really got exposed tonight, very weak performance, our fullback situation is critical!

Home&Away

José can't get the best of technical players like martial and blind by sticking them on the wings.

The lack of balance he talked about says more about him as a manager than the ability of the more technical players.

If our main attacking tactics is to play long balls and crosses to lukaku & fellaini then play young and valencia - not blind and martial on the left wing.

Such a mismatch of ideas.

Home&Away

Please never talk about technical players and mention Blind in the same breath as Martial again. ;)
Nah I'm okay - they are more suited to the passing game & both would be much more suited to a team who plays football like city rather than badminton to lukaku and fellaini. Lukaku is also a very limited footballer.

Georgan

He can't play left back as he needs to be protected by the winger and that removes a possible double threat on the left by playing to ofensive players playing him and having someone to cover for his lack of pace, centrally and in a 3 man midfield he does fine.

Acole9

Outstanding
His performance wasn't too bad before the goal. He should've done a lot better defending it on that side but at least he acknowledged the error.

Rossa

I don't think a 1-0 loss against BASEL depends on the performance of one player alone.
Did anyone say that? We are discussing Blind in here. Darmian was terrible for their goal, but that is something that should be discussed there.

Blind was awful all match, and he is a real liability at the back. He should have had his player covered as he was ahead of him, but he looked to just switch of and not deal with the situation. The incident in the first half where the player casually runs away from him with the ball and Blind just stops running leaving Rojo to do all the defending says a lot, I think. His passing isn't good enough to make up for it, and his crossing has been woeful as of late.

Status
Not open for further replies.