Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Godfather

A good fullback could make so so so much difference in our attacking play. Our left side is pretty much dead with him or Darmian there. No threat going forward at all.

Manny

Grammar Police
He's been really poor all preseason.

His passing and decision making has been uncharacteristically bad, even though he is playing LB.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
We need a left back urgently. We basically don't have one.

Shaw's latest injury is a huge inconvenience tbh. I really think we missed a trick not picking up Robertson from Hull, especially considering what he went for.

Erics_Collar

Hes picked up where he left off against Barcelona by giving possession away cheaply this evening.

AndyJ1985

May as well sell this lad. He doesn't excel at anything. We'd be better off replacing him with a good left back.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Should only be used as back up, at best. Another who isn't good enough to be a regular starter. Jose will probably keep him because of his versatility but he doesn't excel at anything.

Home&Away

Love to see him play where smalling is playing; right in the centre - he shouldnt be used to play with any width - it severely messes up his passing game. When he has the ball, he is the only defender that can shift the ball left and right.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He's had a atrocious preseason. Lets hope shakes it in the next few weeks.

The Bloody-Nine

It's like he's trying to destroy us.

I hope this is him getting it out of his system before the serious stuff begins.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Good lord. That was some serious amateur hour stuff from Blind. Not just one or two things either, he was absolutely terrible.

Arka_BleedingRed

What has happened to him? I mean, whatever the issue with him regarding the physicality, his technical side of the game was almost never in question. Maybe, once or twice in an entire season. Throughout this Pre-season, his passing, crossing, composure has been consistently downright atrocious. Even Marcos Rojo at LB is better than this Blind we are seeing.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's had a very poor pre-season.

kundalini

That was a really awful 45 mins from Daley. The own goal attempt was shocking.

Mickson

I really liked Blind when he first arrived. and he's been a decent servant for us. But this pre season...he's been awful, especially at left back. Darmian over him anytime. even Mitchell.

Last edited:

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I really likes Blind when he first arrived. and he's been a decent servant for us. But this pre season...he's been awful, especially at left back. Darmian over him anytime. even Mitchell.
Agreed. It's almost as if Darmian and Blind inhabited each others bodies. Hopefully pre season was a blip more than an indicator for the rest of his season.

luke511

The man's not a left back simple as, worthy of a bench position at utd as CB or CDM cover but we can't go into the new season with him as a starter at full back.

ReallyUSA

Why didn't he ever get a fair shot at CDM? He played a few games, and kept the game tidy. One of those things that will always puzzle me.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That near own goal was pretty hilarious.

Poor guy is just in a real slump at the moment, when things go bad they go very bad.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Blind has had a horrific pre-season. There was a chance for him to really stake a claim, given that Shaw and Rojo are both injured (I don't think Rojo is a left back but Jose seems to think he can be). However, Blind's pre-season form has been diabolical. At left back, at centre half, just poor. Unless he turns it around rapidly I fear for him. I don't think he's got long left on his contract.

trevor newnham

Supports
Vigo RFC, Charlton
Borthwick-Jackson played against oldham, I believe. Anyone see the match? He cant be any worse than Blind.

Canagel

We need a left back urgently. We basically don't have one.

Shaw's latest injury is a huge inconvenience tbh. I really think we missed a trick not picking up Robertson from Hull, especially considering what he went for.
I would've gone for Bertrand from Southampton. A proper LB would improve our attack and it's a mistake that we haven't signed one yet.

Jaybomb

That pass back was hilarious :lol: I was sitting behind the goal and couldn't believe what I was seeing

Jaybomb

Borthwick-Jackson played against oldham, I believe. Anyone see the match? He cant be any worse than Blind.
Blind is just in a patch of poor form at the minute but he's been a class player for us 95% of the time.

There's no way these young fellas Jackson and Mitchell would do better than Blind with his experience. That's optimism at its finest. I don't think any manager would even consider that option.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Blind is just in a patch of poor form at the minute but he's been a class player for us 95% of the time.

There's no way these young fellas Jackson and Mitchell would do better than Blind with his experience. That's optimism at its finest. I don't think any manager would even consider that option.
I keep hearing that Blind 'isn't a centre half', but I don't see why not. He's an excellent CB, and is not suited to LB. his attributes are all geared to central play. He's a reader, cultured, good vision, good passer, not a great athlete. He belongs centrally, either in midfield or defence.

Home&Away

A back 3 always needs a defensive playmaker in the centre of defence. I just can't believe why he hasn't had the chance to play as the central CB of a back 3.

He isn't made to play on LCB or LB which makes our defense severely lop sided. All the pace and strength lies on the opposite side.

Bailey - lindelof - blind
Vs
Bailey - Blind - Lindelof

It will make the world of difference to us as a team & I hope we get to see it.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
A back 3 always needs a defensive playmaker in the centre of defence. I just can't believe why he hasn't had the chance to play as the central CB of a back 3.

He isn't made to play on LCB or LB which makes our defense severely lop sided. All the pace and strength lies on the opposite side.

Bailey - lindelof - blind
Vs
Bailey - Blind - Lindelof

It will make the world of difference to us as a team & I hope we get to see it.
I believe he himself has said LCB is his favourite position.

Home&Away

I believe he himself has said LCB is his favourite position.
That may be true but he effects the team defensively at LCB. Blind is an easy target in defence by at LCB; there is a gap to directly attack through.

Imagine messi or anybody cutting in the right to attack blind directly- he will run circles round him & the rest of our defence is on the other side who then have to compensate for blinds lack of pace and sometimes positioning.

Thing is if we play him centrally at CB not only is he harder to target as he is covered both sides by 2 CB whilst playing centrally; but he is also in a better position to bring the ball forward.

Right now at LCB blind can't keep the offside trap, if he moves centrally playing marginally forward of Bailey and lindelof; we have those 2 keeping the offside trap. This also gives us our traditional strength and pace at an angle off the central CB.

All the whilst Blind would be providing us an extra man in the central of defence; allowed the space and time to bring the ball forward to initiate our attacks.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Shocking pre-season so far, if he cant find his form soon, he'll be out this time next year. I feel he's just not good enough

Santos J

Surprised he started today but glad, makes a difference having another option in attack from left back for once.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Always a better option than Darmian. Just wish his crosses would clear the first man.

Status
Not open for further replies.