Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
We had, what, 10 corners without threatening from one?

If he's going to keep taking them they need to get better.

saivet

Much prefer him to Darmian. Slower but so much better going forward. He can actually link play and cross.

Darmian probably a bit more solid though.

Paul_Scholes18

Done really well today. He has been fired up and done well in the physical aspect of the game as well. Only complains is that the corners and crossing can be a bit better.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Great game. Darmian has done well in pre-season, while Blind had been god awful, but having him in the side gives us a proper option down the flank. He doesn't need to cut in - and with Lukaku in the team that is important.

Ferguson

Mourinho knows that Zabaleta has slowed down and will have his hands full with Rashford's pace. Also with Matic covering, he can opt for the slower Blind over Darmian.

I think against a pacy right back/winger you'd see Darmian start as Blind normally struggles with pace.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
So much better than Darmian. Should be first choice until Shaw is fit.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Probably the worst performer of our players today and was still excellent.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Guess Blind decided to look crappy in preseason and switch it back on when it counts. Was very solid for us defensively today. Good clearances except for the one brain fart with Arnautovic

FujiVice

Hope he's our first choice from now on. Not a perfect left back, but so much better than Darmian.

R'hllor

When it comes to LB, Blind is last person pissing me off , hope Shaw comes to his best but there are other options who i doubt would look worse there then Blind but due known reasons, they cant get even sniff and chance to show it or not.

Minimalist

While being a better solution than Darmian on the left he is still not good enough. Shaw in top form is what we need or someone who can play on this level and Blind ain't got that in him I'm afraid.
Based on nothing. Certainly nothing since all of them have been at United.

Shaw is the worst of the three based on performances for the club.

RU Devil

Definitely a better option than Darmian against teams looking to bunker in. No way would you see Darmian being in a position for that cross from Valencia or even anywhere near the left corner. I can see Darmian getting game vs tougher opponents, but I'd rather see Blind at LB for most of our games until either Shaw or new recruit becomes available. Just more offensive thrust when Blind plays.

Must say this is part of the side effect of having Matic.

el3mel

Much better today than in the preseason. Solid performance and provided good width from the left flank.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He has been alright. He shouldn't be a United starter. He's a good squad player that should be able to come in a do a job when required which he has done but that's all he is.

Sylar

Decent but we need an upgrade on him. Not a slight on him, but its just the LB position which is problematic for the season overall.

Think he should be a squad player but not a starter.

Welbeckham

That was by no means anything special from him but he's always an infinitely better option than Darmian. The people who think the latter is good enough full back for any decent side live in denial.

Walters_19_MuFc

Got forward very well. Always gave Rashford support. One thing that disappointed, though, was his crossing. All in all, he was decent, though.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Based on nothing. Certainly nothing since all of them have been at United.

Shaw is the worst of the three based on performances for the club.

I agree, and I really want Shaw to do well, but other than pace and enthusiasm, I've not really seen that much from him in terms of overall play. Darmian is a better defender, Blind is a better playmaker and though he lacks pace, he is mobile and gets up and down.

Shaw would be more of a threat on the overlap, but he hasn't shown much end product since being here. I hope he eventually proves me wrong, but so far, Darmian and Blind are ahead of him as to what they can offer.

Devil may care

I thought he was ok but it's clearly the weakest position in the team, I think the left side attacker would have it a lot easier if they had a more dynamic fullback to partner with.

Home&Away

Would love to see him centrally somewhere as long as he has support - his passing is superb.

SirMattBugsby

Boy I find that "squad player, nothing more" remark insulting. Unless we have freaking Marcelo in the squad, Blind starts.

It seems the only way to judge full-backs is pace. Appreciate Blind for what he has rather than what he doesn't and you'll realize he's the best left-back in our squad. Every player in our squad barring Pogba has weaknesses.

And please don't get me started on Shaw. Not his fault, but he's not played for two years. Should be behind Rojo in the pecking order, let alone Blind.

Home&Away

Would you really, in this current team? Don't see who amongst the central line he would be better than.
At this moment I wouldn't change formation - but whenever we do play 3 at the back I'd like to see bang right in the middle instead of LCB. Covered by 2 defenders on each side; he would have the freedom to bring the ball out from the back and initiate attacks.

Hell a double DM of matic & blind wouldn't do to bad either.

Right now after today's performance I wouldn't change much though.

Fracture90

Probably deserved the lowest score today, but that doesn't mean he was bad, because he wasn't. He was quite good, made some very good interceptions and participated in some attacks. Shame for that half-volley tho!

Grunge

So far away I get up 4am to just watch Utd on TV
LB is clearly our weak link. Blind was poor by comparison with his team mates although perfectly adequate for the likes of West Ham and all but the top teams. The same can be said of most if not all our current alternatives. We can only hope Shaw reaches the heights we all expect from him.

I'm not discounting Blind's value in terms of versatilty. He'll get plenty of games in a variety of positions as the season progresses.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Awesome player. I wanted his volley to go in so much!

ManuMou

He has been alright. He shouldn't be a United starter. He's a good squad player that should be able to come in a do a job when required which he has done but that's all he is.
This.

He did okay, 7/10, but only in a game where we totally outclass them, which "mask" his mediocrity. Put it this way, in a game like this, as a United starter, it's harder to get a 6/10 performance than 7/10. 7/10 is the "minimum requirement" for starter. On another day he would only give a 6/10 performance. Then people would complain that he does nothing instead of "good" like today. I mean, it's not just today, he has been like this all the while.

We need Shaw, very very badly

Last edited:

Alabaster Codify7

Bit of a conundrum really, Blind is decent going forward due to being a nice passer and generally composed. But he is a bit iffy defensively due to being slow and a bit lightweight.

Darmian is the opposite - solid enough defensively, rubbish going forward.

If only Shaw could come good, he'd tick both boxes for the most part.

As it stands, I'd rather Blind ahead of Darmian.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Thought Blind looked a bit dodgy early on. Always valued him as a squad player but think I'm coming around now to the view of lots on here that he's not good enough to start many games.

Seems like a jack of all trades master of none really.

I sincerely hope Shaw grasps any chance he is given now - if not it's time to get rid.

Status
Not open for further replies.