5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick7

Looks fun. If that's the base level of what we can expect, he'll be a favourite.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He's made some smart runs in that half.

Bwuk

Could be deadly with a Pogba long ball in behind.

SteveW

Tough playing in that 11 but you can see already how his pace will be useful. Nice bright performance

Web of Bissaka

Nice. First proper seeing him play. Impressive.

Top workrate, high pressing and Constant hungry attacking. Pace is a huge constant problem for the opposing side. And he's everywhere, I though he's too one-dimensional but nope, his off-the-ball and team support movements are too good. He got the basics just right.

Better on the left, quiet on the right but always trying.

Dante

Average bang
Quick, direct, clever, good touch, excellent balance, decent vision.

If he can translate into end product (and I'm hopeful he will), he'll be buy of the season.

Those calling him only a pace merchant are wrong.

Duafc

Village Lemon
Nice. First proper seeing him play. Impressive.

Top workrate, high pressing and Constant hungry attacking. Pace is a huge constant problem for the opposing side. And he's everywhere, I though he's too one-dimensional but nope, his off-the-ball and team support movements are too good. He got the basics just right.

Better on the left, quiet on the right but always trying.
I think off the right with AWB behind him would be grand, we played 99% down the left first half and seemed to balance out much more in the second half with AWB and Greenwood.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
This guy will win loads of free kicks. Also looked like player with very good work rate.

NotQuiteManc

Could be this season's answer for the RW problem, as in stretching the play more than just left sided like last season. May or may not be long term for first 11 as I am dreaming of players like Sancho to come in next season (when United get into CL). A good option against tired legs in the final 20 30 minutes.

Johan07

He looks like Coutinhos little brother, but apart from that it was a good debut. Lively and did not shy away from the ball.

Alabaster Codify7

I think he'll be in the starting 11 by Oct/Nov. Offers a lot more in terms of threat going forward than our other options.

Tarrou

looks promising, its quite refreshing to have a proper wide player making constant runs for the midfielders

would benefit greatly if we add a passer like Longstaff at the base of our midfield too

Ballache

Supports
Martial
He did this thing where he moves fast without the ball and gives the passer an option. Haven't seen that in a while.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Where dis he played? RW or LW?
Both. Played the first 20 odd minutes on the left side then switched to the right.

Looks decent. Very good runs in behind. Would also like to see him use his speed to commit defenders. Although I'm guessing that'll come with time and confidence. He's making a big step up, I'm guessing he's playing not to f-k up at the moment and will grow into being more adventurous with the ball when he's settled.

croadyman

Started on the left, was constantly involved and winning fouls then moved to the right and was fairly muted.
Think it's safe to say his post match quotes are a subtle way of telling Utd that he would rather they buy a proper RW

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Think it's safe to say his post match quotes are a subtle way of telling Utd that he would rather they buy a proper RW
No. He said positions are flexible and they always swap and interchange.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Started on the left, was constantly involved and winning fouls then moved to the right and was fairly muted.
I hope we'll play him in his natural position. If needs be we sell Sanchez to make space to him

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
We have 4 players who play left wing, and 0 who play right wing. :drool:

Mata & Lingard for another year it is.
We have 4 players who can play left wing but they aren't all really left wingers. He's the first natural winger we've had in ages. But yeah, right wing is still a big concern.

Stacks

I think he'll be in the starting 11 by Oct/Nov. Offers a lot more in terms of threat going forward than our other options.
Whoa there. Big statement. Both Rashford and Martial are double figure goal scorers at a higher level than James has ever played at. This lad scored 4 in a league than Sessegnon destroyed. I don't want to throw shade already but hyperbolic statements need to be called out.

Thiagoal

I’m not normally one to put a dampener on things but I only thought he was average today considering the level of opposition. Movement looks good but his left foot crosses were poor and he has a lot of improving to do before he gets regular minutes in the league

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I think it's pretty obvious he's a lot more comfortable on the left. He'll be a big asset against teams who don't sit back and give us an opportunity to counter. First time properly seeing the lad today, looks like he definitely has some talent. Interested to see how he does this season, hopefully gives Martial a kick up the arse now he's got some proper competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.