Daniel James | Officially Signs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Anybody got a compilation of him against city this year?

Mainoldo

I remember seeing Gareth Bale play in the championship and have that kind of pace and ability.

Think Daniel James looks very similar so this could be a great signing
He also went two season with losing every game he played and nearly being loaned to Blues. So if you don’t mind sticking by this kid if he has to go through that first. I can’t argue with you.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I saw him score that one goal vs City. That was good I guess.

I don't think we are talking the same level of potential as Bale though. Gareth was scoring from free kicks and things very early on.

r0663664

Worships Man City
A decent player at 15 million is a low risk and high reward signing. Just get it done else others will come sniffing along. How I wish we had sign Lucus Moura for 25 mil. People were writing him off and guess what hat trick to help Spurs reach CL final.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
I’m heartened to see us going after someone who could be the new Gareth Bale rather than that guy who actually is Gareth Bale.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

I quite like this compilation of his performance against Slovakia. Shows 2 good feet, not afraid to shoot with either.

Jezpeza

I say sign him. We dont have a backup left winger. Think how hungry he will be.
Hes the sort of player we need. Had anyone heard of Ronaldo before we signed him for 12m? He took a few years to develop.

We need to stop this ideology of signing massive players. Look at falcao and sanchez and di Maria. All been no good and cripplingly expensive. I see people talk up bale to man utd - will cost a fortune in transfer fees, wages. Is crocked and diminished. For 30 odd million we could have tierney and james to rotate with shaw and martial down the left.

We talk about the future and a mass rebuild and theres no way we can do it by signing ten 100m players. De Ligt and Sancho are two i would like to see but they would cost about 200m for two players.

And this talk of signing big proven players who have to make an impact straight away - whats the point? What have the big expensive proven players done over the last 6 years? We’re talking like we are at the top and need to stay there when in reality we are shite at the moment

Reactions: Sultan

SirAF

Ageist
I say sign him. We dont have a backup left winger. Think how hungry he will be.
Hes the sort of player we need. Had anyone heard of Ronaldo before we signed him for 12m? He took a few years to develop.

We need to stop this ideology of signing massive players. Look at falcao and sanchez and di Maria. All been no good and cripplingly expensive. I see people talk up bale to man utd - will cost a fortune in transfer fees, wages. Is crocked and diminished. For 30 odd million we could have tierney and james to rotate with shaw and martial down the left.

We talk about the future and a mass rebuild and theres no way we can do it by signing ten 100m players. De Ligt and Sancho are two i would like to see but they would cost about 200m for two players.

And this talk of signing big proven players who have to make an impact straight away - whats the point? What have the big expensive proven players done over the last 6 years? We’re talking like we are at the top and need to stay there when in reality we are shite at the moment
Yeah, he was one of the highest rated teenagers in the world at the time! I agree with the rest of your post though.

Devil may care

That's exactly what I mean. And also we need leaders in the team. It's crazy how we've got no leaders in the team at all.
This why I am not even crazy for the Sancho or Felix ideas, this is not a team right now that is a good fit for young players who will have too much weight put on their shoulders, the only U21 exception for me would be De Ligt.

Tarrou

I don't know anything about this guy but I'm glad we're going for this profile of signing

young, cheap, potential

had enough of overpriced signings who only join us because we pay the most

Jezpeza

Yeah, he was one of the highest rated teenagers in the world at the time! I agree with the rest of your post though.
Let me rephrase, I think He was highly rated but in terms of a ‘could be something’ player. Im saying what he had was potential - he wasn't already a ballon d’or winner.

James has potential, so lets see where he goes! Not saying he's the next ronaldo, but, giggs and henry never won the ballon d’or. Id take another giggs at this time! Plus giggs is his international manager and could put a word in.

Harold_Giles

He's lightening fast but (and I can't stress enough I'm basing this solely on this video) his final ball looks pretty bad.
If he can work on that, this lad would probably be unstoppable.
I'd love us to take a punt on him.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Will get people off their seats at any rate.
"DDG set up a counter attack with long throw to James... Three players against their two centerbacks.. "

Who am I kidding. DDG doesn't do long throw. And our attackers would throw ups at the thought of keeping up with James.

Godfather

Looks rapid as feck. If he learns how to play football as well this could turn out quite decent.

Devil may care

Well, there's the question. Are they good enough right now? Chong was fine against Huddersfield but not great. He didn't really do anything. Greenwood has been injured on and off and Gomes, while I think he's very good, is absolutely tiny and would get bullied in the league at his age. They may be great prospects but that doesn't make them better than our first team players.
I don't see how they could have been much worse than our first team players over the last couple of months, the performances have been a complete disgrace.

Like Mata?
Again, sarcasm duly noted, but Mata not being a great fit on the RW doesn't make this kid a good buy.

Not that it'll matter to you but Greenwood has had constant knocks and illness and hence not even on the bench.
We've been crap since the second leg vs PSG, Rashford and Martial in particular have been turd, there was plenty of chances over that period to give Greenwood or Chong games, Greenwood hasn't been injured that whole time.

I am not excited either mainly because I see him as a squad player at best. Having said that, pace is important for a winger. All our most successful wingers were pacey apart from Beckham whose distribution of the ball was inhuman. Kanchelskis was a speed merchant as well and he's the only winger I can think off who could cause problems to Maldini.

Having said that if we're going to get this kid then he must be used as a squad player. Also other squad players must leave to create space for him and the likes of Chong to develop. Its pointless signing this boy up only for him to sit at the stands while the likes of Mata, Sanchez and Lingard are playing.
I have nothing against pace, I personally don't give a shit about getting in a winger right now as I think we need to refine the diamond and improve the fullback's, however any winger I do rate has pace, the problem is all the kid has is pace from what I can see, he's not got great footwork or skill, he shoves it past people and runs really fast, and his delivery doesn't look all that good either.

lysglimt

Scout
I am not saying he is the new Ronaldo - but if I was a back with that guy running at me, I would be afraid. My God he is Quick!

SteveW

Seems an intelligent signing to me. Young, hungry, cheap, won't be on high wages so risk free basically. Lightening quick, can play both wings, dribbles with either foot. Full backs won't like facing him. If not first choice next season he can definitely be good back up and push the starters to ensure they don't slack off. We badly need depth in wide attacking positions. Signing or promoting youngsters with potential is the correct why to get that imo.

SirAF

Ageist
Let me rephrase, I think He was highly rated but in terms of a ‘could be something’ player. Im saying what he had was potential - he wasn't already a ballon d’or winner.

James has potential, so lets see where he goes! Not saying he's the next ronaldo, but, giggs and henry never won the ballon d’or. Id take another giggs at this time! Plus giggs is his international manager and could put a word in.
Aye.

Status
Not open for further replies.