Daniel James | Officially Signs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kapardin

Not cheap, but looks rapid and is a winger - not something we've had for a while.
Its' 22 million only with add-ons. Assume there are various clauses like scoring more than 15 goals, qualifying for CL, putting in atleast 30+ first team appearances -- if he accomplishes all this, even 22 million would be a bargain.

Snafu17

Its' 22 million only with add-ons. Assume there are various clauses like scoring more than 15 goals, qualifying for CL, putting in atleast 30+ first team appearances -- if he accomplishes all this, even 22 million would be a bargain.
It's 18 million with add-ons. Robson is the only one reporting 22 mil and he seems to be a bullshiter.

Robertd0803

Theres always one journalist who just plucks a fee out of thin air.

Anyway glad to see this is nearly sorted. I will admit to thinking that we were after James Rodriguez when I saw the headline first a fee weeks back.

Anyway exciting to see how he gets on.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
If this guy had gone to Leicester or spurs or somewhere like that then we’d be clamoring to sign him when his fee has tripled.

This is a cheap punt which if it doesn’t work out, we can still get some if not all of our money back on.

He was 1 my 2 cheap punts that I wished for before we were linked to him, the other is Godfrey but doubt Norwich will sell him just after promotion so let’s keep our eye on him next season

Welcome Daniel James! Can’t wait to see you tearing down the wings!
I have no qualms about that. There are many clubs who tend to have a mixed type of transfer strategy which consist of 1-2 big names, some first team level players, some bargains and some free transfers. Juventus for example are quite renowned for that. My only concern is that to pull that strategy off successfully one must have a well tuned machine who are able to handle a high staff turnover turnout. To use the same example I previously used they tend to buy a horde of players while concurrently sell/loan yet another horde. That's good become it keeps players on their toes and it make sure that the valuation of those who failed to make an impact won't go too down.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Regarding the fee that will vary from one source to another. The reason being add-ons. Some add-ons are quite realistic (ex scoring 5 goals or play 20 games per season) while others are a long shot (ex winning the CL or scoring 15 goals a season). Now some journalist prefer not to include some unrealistic add ons while others do.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Exactly, a genuine winger will help us so much going forward.
I lost hope of Martial as a winger. I hope this signing will free him to move more center, and he grabs this chance with all hands and feet.

Rocknrolla69er

Id take this signing as a huge kick up the arse and last chance saloon to Martial, balls in his court big season ahead. Will be a huge test of his attitude and mentality i predict his agent will start hankerin* for a january move

Patrick08

Let me give you an update, it's been 22 for few hours, and by the end if the day will be 30. God knows how much will it be by the time he is announced.
There, you are updated.
You are welcome.
Most journalists at the time of Schweinsteiger were quoting 14 m when actually it was later found out to be 6 m.

I lost hope of Martial as a winger. I hope this signing will free him to move more center, and he grabs this chance with all hands and feet.
Yeah he's more of a striker/inside forward, having James will give us a good balance.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
Brilliant signing! Honestly believe this is the way to go and move the club forward with similar signings. I would be delighted if we got Madison too. The key to this window is the defense though. If we don't sign a center back it doesn't matter who else we sign, we're not getting anywhere with the chuckle brothers as starters.

Reactions: golden_blunder

BlackBen

He's going to be our own Sterling, I'm totally convinced of it based on the two YouTube videos I've seen. Quote me in three years :D:keano:

0le

Who benefits from it being a small fee besides the Glazers?
It means that there is less risk with the signing if it doesn't work out and also leaves more funds available to use for other signings.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
For those worried about him being a left winger have a watch of the video posted by Adnan.

This video is his performance against Bolton. He displays good dribbling in tight spaces to weave his way through, with the ball fully under control.

He also displays good awareness to link up with team mates in a give and go situation. Movement looks very promising and his passing looks good too. One pass that he makes with the outside of his right boot is delightful.

Plays both sides in 1 game, and looks much more dangerous on the right side than the left. In fact on the left he's got a lot of the short comings that Martial has

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
more sanchez style signings
There is a lot between signings like Sanchez and a signing. And there were plenty of people skeptical about the Sanchez but, they were shouted down here sort of like how the people who are skeptical about this signing are being shouted down now.

Hughie77

He could be anything, I've watched him a few times last season for the Swans, and has got electric pace, good control at pace, his runs off the ball are very good, his defensive side is good as well. Finished off a few good moves as well for Swans, could be anything.

It's up to him to make the most of it, good thing is the Old Trafford crowd will give him a chance, he's not lazy that's one thing we wait and see. £15 millions with add ons up to £20 , I think is reported so not bad.

littlepeasoup

Even if he turns into a squad player, or we sell him on in a few years time, in a market saturated by £40-60million players who are bang average, this is a good bit of business.

I've got a feeling that this might end up being the most shrewd signing we've made in a good long while.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
If he is the only winger signed this summer, then people need to accept that Lingard is still going to be first choice next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.