David Alaba

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Between him and Phil Jones for the best teenage defender in the world.
Smalling is way ahead of Jones still. Jones had a great start but since the new year he's been off form, he seems tired if anything for me, played way too many games in the first half.

DevilRed

Smalling way ahead of Jones still. Jones had a great start but since the new year he's been off form, he seems tired if anything for me, played way too many games in the first half.
I would say that Jones is the better fullback but Smalling is the better centreback right now. It doesn't help Jones that Fergie throws him into different positions every other match but for a 19 year old he has handled it as well as anybody.

Blackwidow

He's a midfielder I think, central and out wide.
He thinks he is. But van Gaal already told 2 years ago that he is made to be a world beater as left back - he played his first CL quarter finals with 17 on this position. But when he had a real bad match some weeks later against Frankfurt van Gaal let him out for a while and Bayern rented him out to get him more match practice.

Alaba has 17 or 18 caps for Austria, bosses their midfield with 19 and was Austrian's player of the year because of his performances in the national team in 2011.

Sally Cinnamon

He thinks he is. But van Gaal already told 2 years ago that he is made to be a world beater as left back - he played his first CL quarter finals with 17 on this position. But when he had a real bad match some weeks later against Frankfurt van Gaal let him out for a while and Bayern rented him out to get him more match practice.

Alaba has 17 or 18 caps for Austria, bosses their midfield with 19 and was Austrian's player of the year because of his performances in the national team in 2011.
Interesting.

I see you're a Bayern fan, congrats for tonight.

NoLogo

According to Sky Sport News Germany SAF has made an inquiry about his contract situation.

Sky suggests we could be interested in signing him as a replacement for Evra in the future.

Even though I think he would be an awesome buy I doubt Bayern is willing to let him go especially since he already is a starter for them and Hoeneß already said they wont sell starters to anyone.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
This please.

What I've seen from him is really, really impressive.

And, he's not Leighton Baines, which got to count for something.

marjen

I don't care if Bayern won't sell. Let's get this thing rolling - we need a fecking saga boys.

Anduin

He will end up a central midfielder, a pretty fecking good one as well. I'd wank myself silly if we could get him... no chance though, he knows he already is at a very big club.

Blackwidow

He will end up a central midfielder, a pretty fecking good one as well. I'd wank myself silly if we could get him... no chance though, he knows he already is at a very big club.
I do not know. Van Gaal told two years ago, that he is a left back, even if he does not think so on his own...

Good left or right backs are difficult to find. Bayern (and Germany) looked some years for somebody with class to cover Lahm's other side. That is why they certainly will not sell.

Contento showed that he could be a very good left back, too. He just needs more playing time.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Alaba is tecnically gifted and taller as well :)
Evra is as technically gifted as any full-back can be. Agree on the final ball, though.

Have seen Alaba a few times this season and thought he's a superstar in the making. Great tackler, runner and quite a decent crosser of the ball. Strong as feck too.

Tomuś

Are we not getting Alaba and Alba mixed up here? Alaba always plays in CM or on the wing when I've seen him.
We're talking about the guy who got a yellow in Real Madrid - Bayern game recently, which dismissed him from the final.

RyanGoggs

Insists on dating women in public places - for the
I suppose left back cover is one of the priority signings this summer so the rumour may have legs. It depends if we can find someone willing to play second fiddle to evra for at least a couple of seasons.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I must have watched him 5-6 times this season and even if it's not enough to form a judgment on him he's looked very good in all the matches.Very quick, good timing for his runs, good linking up with his winger and good crossing.

marjen

Reminds me of Marcelo.

If he's somehow availbale, which I highly doubt, I'd buy him quickly as feck.

Also, :lol: at the guy asking if we're confusing him with Jordi Alba.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Makes more sense to be after him rather than someone like Baines. Someone that it appears can offer cover for a variety of positions, with undoubted potential, and put pressure on Evra for a first team place until the time comes (which could even be sooner rather than later) when he overtakes him as first choice.

Tomuś

Of all the alikes here, if I had to choose one I'd rather say he reminds me of Sagna. More than Marcelo anyway.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I just think a player that has looked as good as he has in an advanced midfield role would be wasted as a left-back.

SATA

Bayern are an equally big club in its own right. Would be hard to snatch the player and Bayern would surely hard sell him if they want to cash in

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Reminds me of Marcelo.

If he's somehow availbale, which I highly doubt, I'd buy him quickly as feck.

Also, :lol: at the guy asking if we're confusing him with Jordi Alba.
Really? I hardly see anything alike with them.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I do not know. Van Gaal told two years ago, that he is a left back, even if he does not think so on his own...

Good left or right backs are difficult to find. Bayern (and Germany) looked some years for somebody with class to cover Lahm's other side. That is why they certainly will not sell.

Contento showed that he could be a very good left back, too. He just needs more playing time.
Do you watch German football? I've seen little of Contendo. He was really poor in the CL. Offered nothing in attack what so ever.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Can play left-back and midfield, no?

Sign him up :D

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Injured at the moment but aside from that fits the bill of what we need. Just a shame Bayern would never sell

Man-United

Missed the Juventus-Bayern game yesterday, but been very impressed in many games this season from Alaba.

How good can he become? He's just 20 years old and already looking like one of the best left backs in the world.

NoLogo

He is a really great and I would have loved to see him here as Evras long term replacement but Bayern knows exactly what he have in him and how rare a really good left FB is, so I doubt they will ever be willing to sell him.