6.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
They can feck right off if they want De Gea, as good as Bale is we stand a better chance of signing Reus for €35 million in the summer who is just as good while keeping the world's best keeper.
Worlds best?

ZDwyr

Is there any definite time frame on his injury? Seems to range from a few days to 4 weeks...

Bwuk

Doubt it. Don't think Iker is going to be playing back-up to anyone again, so unless he left no chance Dave goes there.

In all seriousness though, if we could do something like Dave +15m for Bale, would anyone be ok with that?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Doubt it. Don't think Iker is going to be playing back-up to anyone again, so unless he left no chance Dave goes there.

In all seriousness though, if we could do something like Dave +15m for Bale, would anyone be ok with that?
Yes, and i buy Zieler, Leno, Begovic or someone like that.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Yep not interested at all in anyone coming to OT in a swap deal with DDG.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum

Yea, I would, If he doesn't sign a contract by summer he'll have 1 year left , if offered Bale/Varane etc in part exchange by that point i'd consider it a good deal considering he'd walk on a free 12 months later, them's the facts.

JPRouve

Scout
He was on the bench for Spain the day after the injury, rather than being excluded from the matchday squad altogether. So I assume it was just a lot of noise about nothing?
Was he the only goalkeeper on the bench ?

JPRouve

Scout
Nope. All the squad was on the bench so not sure if it means anything.
That's what i think i have seen an injured Ribery on the bench with France, i hope that i'm wrong.

Q80

Dislocated pinky means he could be back as early as Arsenal, if we really wanted.

If they reduce the dislocation and buddy strap it, customize a three fingered glove for him (a la Neuer) he would be able to play.

If our medics suggest it aint worth the risk, then they'll keep it buddy strapped with pain killers and re-evaluate by next week.

Redo91

Dislocated pinky means he could be back as early as Arsenal, if we really wanted.

If they reduce the dislocation and buddy strap it, customize a three fingered glove for him (a la Neuer) he would be able to play.

If our medics suggest it aint worth the risk, then they'll keep it buddy strapped with pain killers and re-evaluate by next week.
Was it only his pinky? If that's the case surely he'll play. I'd imagine that's the best finger to dislocate if you had to.

JPRouve

Scout
Was it only his pinky? If that's the case surely he'll play. I'd imagine that's the best finger to dislocate if you had to.
Not for a goalkeeper, you use it to stabilize the ball when you catch it. The best ones are the middle and index fingers.

Redo91

Not for a goalkeeper, you use it to stabilize the ball when you catch it. The best ones are the middle and index fingers.
That's true but surely in terms of shot stopping it becomes an issue in terms of finger tip saves if you dislocated your pinky or index fingers?

JPRouve

Scout
That's true but surely in terms of shot stopping it becomes an issue in terms of finger tip saves if you dislocated your pinky or index fingers?
When you stop the ball you try to use your palm to stop and your fingers for the direction, having a strap isn't a big issue.

JPRouve

Scout
Ya that's a fair point.

You don't use your palm for finger tip saves. Hence the name. :p
You don't stop the ball with finger tip saves, you deviate it. You'll lose a finger otherwise, forwards are brutal.:p

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool

They'd ask for at least 3 times that.

Blue always red

No fecking about from our Big Dave... He's basically just said he wants to become a legend on the level of the Dane. Plus, he's pale as fook. Probably likes Manc weather...

Devil may care

Just posted this on his twitter, clearly reassuring Casillas that while he will be taking his Spain #1 spot, he's not after his day job. He's also tapping up Isco just in case we have an opening for an outrageously gifted attacker in the summer and Real sell him to make room for a new toy.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
He was on the bench for Spain the day after the injury, rather than being excluded from the matchday squad altogether. So I assume it was just a lot of noise about nothing?
There was no intention to play him though. He warmed up with the other keepers but he joined the outfield players when they got onto the shot-stopping exercises.

However he did train today, and according to Marca he did the full normal training session, and is only being left out of Spain's team for the Germany friendly as a "precaution". We shall see.

Last edited:

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
"Sources in Spain don't think the dislocated finger suffered by David De Gea last week will keep him out of United's game at Arsenal on Saturday." (Andy Mitten)

http://www.espnfc.com/club/manchest...ed-as-manchester-uniteds-injury-woes-continue
Here's an article with a quote from, presumably, one of the sources he's talking about. The third Spanish keeper, Kiko Casilla.

http://www.thenational.ae/sport/football/kiko-casilla--a-new-start-for-this-spanish-stopper#page1
“He’ll be fine for Manchester’s [United’s] next game,” he said. “I did the same injury last year and played though it, but I didn’t sleep at night.”
I know nothing about this guy but Mitten makes a bold claim about him, saying he is regarded as the "best keeper in the air in Spain".

190cm tall. Which must help. Wonder if any PL clubs are looking at him?

ZDwyr

Only just caught up with these updates. Seems like the injury isn't too bad anyway if he is a possibility for Arsenal. Good news.

Sam

Oh Dave how we're going to miss you. You and your beautiful beard.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Hey, that's a very nice haircut that. Please stop.

But yea, DDG is immense, fingers crossed he keeps it up because he's the only bright thing this season, just like every single season before.
By that comment, I suppose you have something similar. Sorry to say it (to you ) again but it's shit.

Blue always red

How could any keeper be happy being worked so hard constantly? Poor guy would have so many more clean sheets if he signed for another big team...