g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
David de Gea image 1

David de Gea Spain flag

2014-15 Performances

View full 2014-15 profile

6.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Forget the last line of defence, sometimes this season he's looked like he was our defence. The amount of clear chances we forced him to deal with was jaw dropping but he still refused to be beaten. Gotta tie him down on a longer contract as soon as we can.

DevilRed

Hands down the man of the match. Unlucky to have conceded. I think everyone had just switched off there and allowed giroud to take the shot.

Might have something to do with Carrick being switched into a centreback position and briefly losing the French cnut.

Saved us from the predictable early barrage which led to us eventually hitting them on the counter twice. Best goal keeper in the prem along with courtouis.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
It was a poor shot but the save from Wilshere was sensational.

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?
Great performance today. Some of his kicking in the first half wasn't good but that really is nitpicking because his shot stopping was excellent and he's saved us on more than a few occasions this season.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I think we can replace anyone in this squad right now except De Gea. I don't care who we sell or who leaves as long as we can retain De Gea.

Raw

Odd quote there, but De Geas first season showed he can grow with criticism.

De Gea did make an almost costly mistake, ended up passing it right to an Arsenal player in acres of space.

MoneyMay

I think Van Gaal's criticism is to do with his passing which was shocking, but he wasn't really helped out by some of the back passes to him.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I think Van Gaal's criticism is to do with his passing which was shocking, but he wasn't really helped out by some of the back passes to him.
I agree. De Gea was pressed hard. Not many players press higher and harder than Sanchez and Welbeck, and some of the passes from Blackett to De Gea were like shots on target.

I hope LvG is just wanting to fire De Gea up and not make him think he is undisputed #1 so he strives to improve. De Gea's kicking when not under pressure is superb, but he's pretty lousy when pressed. A lot of goalkeepers are, but he needs to improve if he wants to be the best.

Still, I love him. Our best player, and our most irreplaceable player.

ghagua

Need to do whatever we can to sign him to a new contract. Pay him whatever he wants, sign more Spanish players and put them on the bench if it makes him more comfortable.

justboy68

Isn't there a theory of management where you find any minor criticisms you can when something is going great and act supportive and positive when things are going badly? I reckon it is a bit of that going on with the quotes from LVG. De Gea was a hero today but the kicking would be a minor criticism.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
His clearances in first half 25 minutes were shocking. Apart from that he was stupidly good again.

Kostur

海尔的老板
His clearances in first half 25 minutes were shocking. Apart from that he was stupidly good again.
Yup, plenty of those have to do with how our defenders, especially Blackett, backpassed it. So many times those backpasses were on goal / bouncing it was a fecking disaster waiting to happen really.

stu_1992

Just keeps putting in great performance after great performance. Get this man a new contract and a proper defence to work with!

Devil may care

I hope that's another case of LvG's dodgy English coming into play. Not only was De Gea excellent again today, he is becoming a leader back there like our previous two great keepers. I'll be gutted if we lose him.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
I'd say LvG is just keeping him on his toes there with them comments.

There'd be no 3 pts this evening without him though that's for sure, he's turning out to be some keeper.

legball

LVG is right, his kicking today was VERY poor and it does put us under pressure at times, we could have been punished by a better team. I don't see how what LVG said is wrong or weird, of course De Gea has many fantastic attributes but he does need to improve, there's room for massive improvement.

Oo0AahCantona

Honestly, He's the face of united. not rooney/falcao/van persie/mata etc. He's an absolute superstar.

slir32

He is in the top 3 in the world this season, and his doing this with an unsettled back line.

Revan

Assumptionman
He is in the top 3 in the world this season, and his doing this with an unsettled back line.
He has been on top 3 for some time now. I really think that in the 3 seasons (including this) only Neuer has been better while Courtuis has been on the same level as him.

Hojoon

Great game from Big Dave. With Casillas back in the good books and Barca stuck with the transfer ban and having already bought a couple of keepers, I think he'll stay for a few more years.

Sylar

Im guessing LVG not happy with some of his clearances / distribution. The Wilshere chance was from his own bad clearance so he redeemed himself. He did well with a lot of the shots where he made it look easy but it certainly was not (the bounce before it reached him and not spilling it).

Imagine him with a solid defence in front of him?

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Weird from LvG. Valdes just go away to Barca or whereever until DDG signs a new contract!
Nothing and noone should stand in the way of DDG's contract extention with us!

slir32

He has been on top 3 for some time now. I really think that in the 3 seasons (including this) only Neuer has been better while Courtuis has been on the same level as him.
I agree though last 2 seasons it was debatable this season it's not.