6.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Acole9

Outstanding
Giving him a new contract is more important than signing a centre half.

Brophs

The One and Only
Van Gaal just showing why he has a reputation for being weird.
Not really. His kicking was ropey at times. He let in a goal he should have saved. I don't think it's unfair to say he has plenty of things he can improve on.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Starting with the Everton game he's been in the best form of his United career these last few weeks

Is he actually Spain's no1 now?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Not really. His kicking was ropey at times. He let in a goal he should have saved. I don't think it's unfair to say he has plenty of things he can improve on.
Bloody hell man, although it wouldn't have surprised me to have seen him stop that think it's a bit much to say he should have saved it. That was a bloody good strike.

Agree on the kicking, though.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Starting with the Everton game he's been in the best form of his United career these last few weeks

Is he actually Spain's no1 now?
Was before he picked up that dislocated finger.

Brophs

The One and Only
Bloody hell man, although it wouldn't have surprised me to have seen him stop that think it's a bit much to say he should have saved it. That was a bloody good strike.

Agree on the kicking, though.
Looked a belter from the first angle and when I saw it from behind Giroud it was obvious - to me at least - that he could and should have gotten a much stronger hand to it.

But I'm not using this as an excuse to batter him. Simply saying that I think LVG is right to say he has plenty to improve on, though he's obviously an excellent keeper.

For example coming off his line, though he's been better the last few weeks.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He's seems to have an almost telepathic ability to dive the right way from one on ones right now. Whether its guess work, great research or he's mastered the art of reading body language, its been superb.

saivet

I will cry if he goes to Madrid. Dodgy kicking today but the guy is absolute class. Absolutely love the guy!

ZDwyr

I love him. He is just brilliant. His kicking was poor at times but i'll let him off because he did get a couple of dodgy back passes that put him under pressure. Has to continue to work on it though. He does look better at coming off his line lately, I suspect he has been working on it.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Looked a belter from the first angle and when I saw it from behind Giroud it was obvious - to me at least - that he could and should have gotten a much stronger hand to it.

But I'm not using this as an excuse to batter him. Simply saying that I think LVG is right to say he has plenty to improve on, though he's obviously an excellent keeper.

For example coming off his line, though he's been better the last few weeks.
I dunno think you're being a bit harsh on that one. Fair enough, though, opinions 'n all.

izec

I dont see anything wrong with van Gaals quote. Obvioulsy he could have done better for their goal i thought, criticism on a high level though. Some on here go over the top, like best keeper in the world right now. Neuer and Courtois still a bit better for me, De Gea is an excellent keeper and very important for us etc, but still can and hopefully will improve further.

tom33

The quote seems a bit harsh after a game where his saves have undeniably won us points, but it's certainly true overall. Distribution used to be one of the strongest aspects to his game, but it was awful today.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
I thought he could perhaps have done a few things better, obviously one being his distribution, particuarly that one he kicked low down the middle 1st half which allowed Wilshere a 1on1 seconds later, he was given credit for the save (which is fair enough, kudos) but it was he who put us into trouble,
The second being, he came out for a cross, didn't get much on it, which was immediately played back across the box, only for Welbeck to backheal wide seconds later.
Third.. should he have been beaten on the Giroud goal? perhaps i'm being a bit harsh there.

But overall.. did very well (again)

Kazi

Looked like he was carrying a knock in the first half. Any news on that? Hope he's okay.

ZDwyr

Looked like he was carrying a knock in the first half. Any news on that? Hope he's okay.
Yeah it was after that save he made coming off his line I think. Not sure what it was, probably a sore muscle from over stretching or something? He didn't seem to be too bothered in the 2nd half.

Gannicus

Sorry, but I'm not having the criticism of De Gea here. The man put in an epic performance today. Few keepers on the planet would have even gotten a hand on the Giroud shot and no keeper would have saved it.

His clearances, however, were a bit wayward.

Shimo

On it's own the LVG quote seems quite weird and almost bad man management. Still maybe he is meaning to say he can't be all praise as there were mistakes in his kicking game, a few them leading to opportunities in the first half. Think he got nervous himself because Blackett was a bag of nerves himself with some of those passes back which were not ideal. Normally DDG is quite clam - so he'll just to learn to do the same in these not so ideal situations that may come up once in a while.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Not a chance. No keeper would've saved that, and De Gea did well to even get a hand on it.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
I want to see Neuer or Courtois with such a young defence and different players in front of them in every match
They're having a easy time with the same world-class players in every match in front of them

De Gea is 100% on the same level like Neuer and Courtois......De Gea has an average defence in front of him now since 4 years and has improved so much

I would never swap him for Neuer or Courtois

GIVE HIM A FECKIN NEW CONTRACT UNITED BOARD!!!! :mad:

anchan1989

I want to see Neuer or Courtois with such a young defence and different players in front of them in every match
They're having a easy time with the same world-class players in every match in front of them

De Gea is 100% on the same level like Neuer and Courtois......De Gea has an average defence in front of him now since 4 years and has improved so much

I would never swap him for Neuer or Courtois

GIVE HIM A FECKIN NEW CONTRACT UNITED BOARD!!!! :mad:
Yeah, because a 24 year old is in his prime and ready to overtake or level one of the greatest keepers ever.
Neuer was one of the best keepers around at Schalke and even won stuff there. Thats harder then playing in every United team of the last years.
I repeat; David is a great keeper and surely in the top 10. But only because he plays at United and is one of your best players doesnt make him the best or a top 3 guy.
He is on a good way, nothing more.

That's a good point. Let's see how Neuer fares with Blackett and Smalling at the back.
Try Hans Sarpei and Tim Hoogland. And look at the Schalke your United ruled in the CL semis in 2011. Yes, Man Utd did reach a CL semi with a defense that is a level under everything United had in Davids time, atleast.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Yeah, because a 24 year old is in his prime and ready to overtake or level one of the greatest keepers ever.
Neuer was one of the best keepers around at Schalke and even won stuff there. Thats harder then playing in every United team of the last years.
I repeat; David is a great keeper and surely in the top 10. But only because he plays at United and is one of your best players doesnt make him the best or a top 3 guy.
He's definitely top 3 and on current form arguably the best. Put Neuer, Courtois, and the other usual suspects in goal in front of our defense and you'd see similar results.

anchan1989

He's definitely top 3 and on current form arguably the best. Put Neuer, Courtois, and the other usual suspects in goal in front of our defense and you'd see similar results.
Sorry, you seem to have many posts here and I remember you as a guy who knows his stuff.
But Neuer is a level above everyone.
It COULD be that David has a BIT more talent but in no way or form he could already use that. Man Utd has so much more experience and is perhaps not even in his prime.
People talk about him as a candidat for world player of the year and he was 2nd! behind Ronaldo in the European player award of last season. He lead Germany to the world cup, was a main man in Bayerns triple.
Davis is a level below him, atleast.
And there is no shame in that. He is still young.
And to call him a sure top 3 is a bit much also.
He did very good since the summer of 2013 but didnt help United to punch above their weight.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff

Try Hans Sarpei and Tim Hoogland. And look at the Schalke your United ruled in the CL semis in 2011. Yes, Man Utd did reach a CL semi with a defense that is a level under everything United had in Davids time, atleast.
Top 10? You've got to be joking here, seriously. Neuer aside (and I agree with you, that he is still №1, his individual performance against us for Schalke in the semis was just :drool:) there is nobody better than him. Courtois maybe on the same level - and I don't know who you can count as his equal, let alone a superior? Handanovic? Bravo? Seriously, no idea.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Sorry, you seem to have many posts here and I remember you as a guy who knows his stuff.
But Neuer is a level above everyone.
It COULD be that David has a BIT more talent but in no way or form he could already use that. Man Utd has so much more experience and is perhaps not even in his prime.
People talk about him as a candidat for world player of the year and he was 2nd! behind Ronaldo in the European player award of last season. He lead Germany to the world cup, was a main man in Bayerns triple.
Davis is a level below him, atleast.
And there is no shame in that. He is still young.
And to call him a sure top 3 is a bit much also.
He did very good since the summer of 2013 but didnt help United to punch above their weight.
How can you be sure Neuer would be as good if he didn't have the luxury of playing in front of Bayern and Germany's defenders ? Look at the quality of defenders Bayern and Germany have and compare it with this year's Man United defense and its quite clear to see how good De Gea really is.

anchan1989

How can you be sure Neuer would be as good if didn't have the luxury of playing in front of Bayern and Germany's defenders ? Look at the quality of defenders Bayern and Germany have and compare it with this year's Man United defense and its quite clear to see how good De Gea really is.
Because Man Utd played at a similar age with Schalke. And they had not near your money. Their defense was even worse. And Man Utd played 5! years for them and got named the best German keeper in his first year.
And his goals to game ratio is pretty damn impressive for a team, that finished 14th! in his last year for example, when he was 24 for most of the season(Davids age)(he won the cup,reached the CL semifinal and was named German footballer of the year that season,before you talk about him being bad in that time).
Man Utd proved himself in a bad team. Just a fact.
And David, for all his good work, didnt help your team that way last or this season so far.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Top 10? You've got to be joking here, seriously. Neuer aside (and I agree with you, that he is still №1, his individual performance against us for Schalke in the semis was just :drool:) there is nobody better than him. Courtois maybe on the same level - and I don't know who you can count as his equal, let alone a superior? Handanovic? Bravo? Seriously, no idea.
Hazard. If he wanted to, of course.

anchan1989

And to the top 3 debate; Buffon,Bravo,ter Stegen,Leno,Cech. There are more then 3 great keepers out there, some not so well known and talked about, some a bit talked down and so on.
David isnt a sure top 3 pick. Its close and you can debate. And that is entertaining, isnt it?
I get your fan love and he is great and I dont deny that. So, I leave it there.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
And to the top 3 debate; Buffon,Bravo,ter Stegen,Leno,Cech. There are more then 3 great keepers out there, some not so well known and talked about, some a bit talked down and so on.
David isnt a sure top 3 pick. Its close and you can debate. And that is entertaining, isnt it?
I get your fan love and he is great and I dont deny that. So, I leave it there.
Cech isn't even a starter for his club. How can you put him in the top 3 debate.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Anchan1989 is here to once again teach us commoners football and then again proclaim that Germany is greatest thing in the world.

anchan1989

Anchan1989 is here to once again teach us commoners football and then again proclaim that Germany is greatest thing in the world.
Sure, man. I take part in a debate and you dont like my point. I put out facts and you answer in such a way, just attacking me personal without any arguing with facts.
Educated, I have to say...

Cech isn't even a starter for his club. How can you put him in the top 3 debate.
Because another guy, who is younger, has more of a future at the club they both playing for and is also in that debate, is put ahead of him.
Not really for perfomance issues either, when you see his last season.
And Cech is in a great keeper age, experience is vital on that position and he has that in tons.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Its blatantly clear Van Gaal is beaming about DDG, but doesn't want to be perceived as such in his interview.

:50 - "...Arsenal created a lot of chances - fortunately we have a very good goalkeeper".

3:50 - "I'm used to this quality, but he has to improve also...." (ie....he shouldn't sit back and basque in compliments, and keep working on improving his game).

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Sure, man. I take part in a debate and you dont like my point. I put out facts and you answer in such a way, just attacking me personal without any arguing with facts.

Because another guy, who is younger, has more of a future at the club they both playing for and is also in that debate, is put ahead of him.
Not really for perfomance issues either, when you see Chelseas last season.
And Cech is in a great keeper age, experience is vital on that position and he has that in tons.
You didn't include Courtois in your list, despite him being increasingly acknowledged as being one of the best in the world at the moment, but instead included a player who sits on the bench. Interesting.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
It's increasingly futile to take part in a debate with you. Anyone who doesn't agrees with you is obviously biased and you're unbelieavably arrogant when it comes to matters related to Bayern and German football. Incidentally, that's the opinion shared by even your Bayern supporters.

Neuer is better than DDG, but apart from him I don't see any goalkeeper in the world that is better than him. The fact that you are willing to include Ter-Stegen in this discussion who's nothing more than a backup at Barcelona speaks volumes.

anchan1989

You didn't include Courtois in your list, despite him being increasingly acknowledged as being one of the best in the world at the moment, but instead included a player who sits on the bench. Interesting.
Did I say, that I listed them all? No.
Do I have to mention that he is among the best. No.
Nothing of interest there.

It's increasingly futile to take part in a debate with you. Anyone who doesn't agrees with you is obviously biased and you're unbelieavably arrogant when it comes to matters related to Bayern and German football. Incidentally, that's the opinion shared by even your Bayern supporters.

Neuer is better than DDG, but apart from him I don't see any goalkeeper in the world that is better than him. The fact that you are willing to include Ter-Stegen in this discussion who's nothing more than a backup at Barcelona speaks volumes.
As I said; if you have two great keepers in your team one has to take a step back.
And Andre proved himself for years in Germany, plays in the CL for Barca.
Not so bad.
Some Bayern supporters on here and me dont get along. Happens for everyone with some people.
I would bet to you too.