6.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Without him we'd be languishing in mid-table.

Hope he stays, won't begrudge him if he left.

saivet

I think Carragher summed it up at HT. Our good defensive record isn't about our defenders, it's pretty much down to this guy.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Blind and Shaw, I don't consider anyone else essential.
Ahh ok. :)

Bit of a tangent. But is that relative to the current management or an overall assessment of the squad ? I mean hypothetically would your opinion change if the likes of Di Maria, Herrera, Rooney were better utilized and played in their position of strength under someone like say Ancelotti or Simeone. Not that I'm advocating letting Van Gaal go mind. Still think the likes of those 3, Rojo and Mata have a lot to offer, can be integral to chances of future silverware and a couple of them are about to enter their prime years.

Also, potentially some of the younger ones like Wilson perhaps ?

Redo91

Was it just me or did LVG black him when he was walking off the pitch at FT? He was with Jones and LVG have Jones a big pat on the back as he walked by despite the fact he was all over the place for the goal and he didn't seem to acknowledge DDG at all even though he earned us a point (again).

Devil may care

Ahh ok. :)

Also bit of a tangent. But is that relative to the current management or an overall assessment of the squad ? I mean hypothetically would your opinion change if the likes of Di Maria, Herrera, Rooney were better utilized and played in their position of strength under someone like say Ancelotti or Simeone. Not that I'm advocating letting Van Gaal go mind. Still think the likes of those 3, Rojo and Mata have a lot to offer, can be integral to chances of future silverware and also, a couple of them are about to enter their prime years.
I'll be honest, I actually forgot about Herrera altogether given we haven't seen enough of him in this league to really judge. I worry Di Maria is too soft for the PL and for me Mata is too slow and weak. If I were building an ideal 11 from where we are now I'd struggle to find a way to use Rooney as a starter unless he showed he can operate in a fluid front 3.

If we look at it from the point of view that Blind is the #6 and Rooney the pivot in a front 3, we'd still need two strong, combative box to box CM's with ability on the ball and two wide forwards to really get after it IMO. As for Rojo, I like him but he troubles me at the same time, certainly couldn't say I'd count him as essential, but a good squad player to have.

Sb_16

He looks visibly frustrated each passing week. It is vital that we convince him to stay.

Bwuk

Why would he want to stay? We are awful and don't look like improving

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
I'll be honest, I actually forgot about Herrera altogether given we haven't seen enough of him in this league to really judge. I worry Di Maria is too soft for the PL and for me Mata is too slow and weak. If I were building an ideal 11 from where we are now I'd struggle to find a way to use Rooney as a starter unless he showed he can operate in a fluid front 3.

If we look at it from the point of view that Blind is the #6 and Rooney the pivot in a front 3, we'd still need two strong, combative box to box CM's with ability on the ball and two wide forwards to really get after it IMO. As for Rojo, I like him but he troubles me at the same time, certainly couldn't say I'd count him as essential, but a good squad player to have.
Gotcha. Yup I too think a couple of combative central midfielders who could slot in rightaway are a must, as are two direct wide attackers, plus a first choice RB now that Rafael's frozen out and atleast one top quality center half on top of a potentially top quality center half. Also maybe a striker. Blimey that's a massive list - like 3/4ths of the starting XI plus depth. :eek:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Our only world class player and regular consistent performer.

United22

We don't deserve him and that is the damn truth. As someone said above, he is the only player we can truly hands down call world class, well Di Maria is but he isn't showing world class form at this club...

Devil may care

Gotcha. Yup I too think a couple of combative central midfielders who could slot in rightaway are a must, as are two direct wide attackers, plus a first choice RB now that Rafael's frozen out and atleast one top quality center half on top of a potentially top quality center half. Also maybe a striker. Blimey that's a massive list - like 3/4ths of the starting XI plus depth. :eek:
I'll get a lot of stick for it from most but for me I'd like to see us bring in Hummels and Marquinhos for the cB, the latter can also play as a RB and that would allow us room for McNair to develop there as well. Then the midfield would be Blind/Schneiderlin/Koke and the front line would be Depay/Rooney/????. I think we'd have the right balance then with options if Herrera and Mata stayed and Januzaj and Wilson were used as back ups/competition for the front 3 spots.

Hed Zitin

Bailed us out more times than Angela Merkel.

God knows where we would be without him. Another player of the year award is nailed on.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
The guy is class on and off the pitch.
Theres no way he's staying. Why would he?
Aye, why should he have any loyalty for a club that paid a lot for him and helped nurture him into the player he is today?
The United forum is worse than Rawk at times.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
As a professional, I fully understand if he prefers Madrid. You have to make the best of your career life.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
We don't deserve him and that is the damn truth. As someone said above, he is the only player we can truly hands down call world class, well Di Maria is but he isn't showing world class form at this club...
We don't deserve him? Christ. What is it with the fecking self-flaggelation on here?!! Man up ffs. We are Manchester United.

Moving swiftly on. Anyone see the way he was absolutely furious with himself for getting a hand on the follow up from Nolan's shot. Which was going about 6 inches wide. Love that sort of perfectionism.

ZDwyr

We don't deserve him? Christ. What is it with the fecking self-flaggelation on here?!! Man up ffs. We are Manchester United.

Moving swiftly on. Anyone see the way he was absolutely furious with himself for getting a hand on the follow up from Nolan's shot. Which was going about 6 inches wide. Love that sort of perfectionism.
Yeah noticed that. He really demands the best from himself. It's a shame that his teammates are so far off his level at the moment. Anyway, if he does leave it's not like it wouldn't be understandable. I mean yeah we're Manchester United a big club etc etc but he'd be getting what he deserves at Madrid.

Jippy

Staff
Yeah noticed that. He really demands the best from himself. It's a shame that his teammates are so far off his level at the moment. Anyway, if he does leave it's not like it wouldn't be understandable. I mean yeah we're Manchester United a big club etc etc but he'd be getting what he deserves at Madrid.
Aye that 4-0 spanking v Atletico must have had him licking his lips.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
:lol:I know there are a lot of negative types on here but why the feck is Dave only averaging around 6 in the match ratings?
To be honest he made a couple of mistakes today as well as the saves - most of which he would have been expected to make. I gave him a 7 and still had him as MotM for us (although that was more due to how bad our outfield players were) but it wasnt his best performance of the season.

Jippy

Staff
To be honest he made a couple of mistakes today as well as the saves - most of which he would have been expected to make. I gave him a 7 and still had him as MotM for us (although that was more due to how bad our outfield players were) but it wasnt his best performance of the season.
Was talking about his average rating for the season, not just today.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Was talking about his average rating for the season, not just today.
Ah.
I dont think anyone has a particularly good average rating to be honest, the Caf is very fickle and exaggerates most ratings, I find.

ZDwyr

Aye that 4-0 spanking v Atletico must have had him licking his lips.
They are still top of LaLiga though. And probably the favourite for the CL. You think DDG is licking his lips at scratching for a point against the likes of West Ham or Burnley or Leicester?