View full 2014-15 profile

6.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

The Azzurri

We must be absolutely nuts to sell him right now, not until we sort out our defence, midfield and attack

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form

Ogden alert, could be bullsh*t.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Possible. But frankly this is a classic example of random caf logic based on nothing but an idea that popped into your head.:lol:
I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss the theory entirely. The arrival of Valdes would have spurred De Gea on, it's in his nature as a competitive athlete. We saw the impact Ozil's arrival had on Ramsey and co at the start of last season. Raising their game and then with confidence as high as it can be, performances flourish for an extended period.

I'm not saying it's entirely down to @carlosp theory, but it's entirely reasonable that a combination of added motivation, a new manager bringing in competition and the need to raise your game against the fiercest rival helped De Gea to thrive and produce such a dominant performance as the Liverpool game per se.

Other factors of course play a major part too but I don't think we can dismiss the impact entirely.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Odgen has been shit for a while, namely since van Gaal became manager, and that's another pretty nothing article.

Sam

Nothing conclusive, but probably the most positive quote we've had from Van Gaal so far regarding the contract. Certainly beats his 'I'm not talking about that' stuff from a few weeks ago.

“I think so, yes,” Van Gaal said. “I think there is no problem for him to sign. I can only say that David De Gea has developed himself in the six months that I’ve been here very much. I am very pleased with his development.”

carlosp

Possible. But frankly this is a classic example of random caf logic based on nothing but an idea that popped into your head.:lol:
Well if you think about it, he has been training with the lads for a while and new competition is always good, especially the high level that Valdes brings. Of course it won't be the only reason De Gea is doing so well but but I think it should be factored in. They both speak Spanish so that would also have helped De Gea a lot being around him, watching, learning etc.

pascell

I think the reason De Gea has been playing so well is because Valdes has been training with him. Good to see De Gea doing so well.
What about giving credit to our GK coach? Maybe it was just a case of his advice and training methods are world class and it just took De Gea time to adjust to them, which he now had and that's the reason for his great form?

FujiVice

The "boys" on Soccer Saturday were talking about how De Gea will definitely definitely honestly proper leave in the summer. Thommo and Pisshead Merson were the two really championing this theory. Full on man in the pub talk. Such arrogant twats. "Yeah, if Real Madrid wants ya, you're fakin' gone mate." All that was missing was Danny Dyer talking about how Joe Cole had the potential to be our Lionel Messi. Pure shite.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The "boys" on Soccer Saturday were talking about how De Gea will definitely definitely honestly proper leave in the summer. Thommo and Pisshead Merson were the two really championing this theory. Full on man in the pub talk. Such arrogant twats. "Yeah, if Real Madrid wants ya, you're fakin' gone mate." All that was missing was Danny Dyer talking about how Joe Cole had the potential to be our Lionel Messi. Pure shite.
:lol: Yeah, it was awful.

nemanja nemagic

They're not being bitter in this instance, just absolutely clueless with no awareness of context. Nothing mentioned about things such as his Athletico past or his Spanish girlfriend that could add or remove credence from the rumour. Just arrogant, man on the street bullsh*t. 'This is my opinion (and ergo, fact) based on the fact that Sky are paying me.' If Real comes in for you, those spanish johnny foreigners are obviously going to sign.

Soccer Saturday obviously want to provoke reactions like this, but in terms of punditry the show is quite clearly complete bilge. I do enjoy the panel when they're ripping the piss out of each other (which is often). I don't exactly watch it for coruscating analysis.

NoWinNoFee

kietotheworld mk2
Not concerned, remember Ed Woodward saying in the summer he doesn't want to see the best players to go to Spain.

====
Edit:- found a link with this quote:-

http://www.sportskeeda.com/football/video-ed-woodward-promises-more-signings-for-manchester-united

"I don’t want to see players going to other clubs in Spain, I want us to stand out as the best club in the world."
===

As if £30m would do it too (figure that's being reported), IF United were to sell De Gea, would probably take around £50m+.

Last edited:

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Not concerned, remember Ed Woodward saying in the summer one of his aims as chief executive is to make sure Manchester United don't lose their best players to clubs like Madrid.

As if £30m would do it too (figure that's being reported), IF United were to sell De Gea, would probably take around £50m+.
With twelve months left on his contract in the summer, if he wishes to leave, we wouldn't be able to get 50m due to the length of time left on his contract.

Sir A1ex

I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss the theory entirely. The arrival of Valdes would have spurred De Gea on, it's in his nature as a competitive athlete. We saw the impact Ozil's arrival had on Ramsey and co at the start of last season. Raising their game and then with confidence as high as it can be, performances flourish for an extended period.

I'm not saying it's entirely down to @carlosp theory, but it's entirely reasonable that a combination of added motivation, a new manager bringing in competition and the need to raise your game against the fiercest rival helped De Gea to thrive and produce such a dominant performance as the Liverpool game per se.

Other factors of course play a major part too but I don't think we can dismiss the impact entirely.
Well if you think about it, he has been training with the lads for a while and new competition is always good, especially the high level that Valdes brings. Of course it won't be the only reason De Gea is doing so well but but I think it should be factored in. They both speak Spanish so that would also have helped De Gea a lot being around him, watching, learning etc.
I'm not dismissing the possibility, but it's just one of those things that we can't really know at all. Not having a go at you for coming up with either, swapping ideas is what the caf is for. It's far from the most extreme example, but I am always amused when people come out with stuff like "you can tell by how he's playing that Carrick hates having Phil Neville as an assistant coach" etc.

binary bot
It amazes me how solid his all round game is now. Forgetting about the saves, he's almost brilliant in every facet of his game. No longer do I worry about the goalkeeper going into the last few minutes of a game.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
We take him for granted at times. I know that's a weird thing to say considering how highly we rate him on the 'Caf, but I just see him pull off a magnificent save and I just think "that's a straight forward one for him".

Roboc7

Our best player by a mile, we don't have a player anywhere else on the pitch who is in the same class as him.

Sam

Would anyone, at this point, actually blame him if he fecked off to Madrid?

Traub

Although he had a good game, there was that one moment where he let the ball bounce in his area. I'll have to rewatch to see if he could've caught it, but it's small things like that which are holding him back from Neuer's level IMO.

Trizy

I've got to the point where I see someone striking from 25 yards and think ''do you not realize who is in goals?''. Solid as usual, I actually feel sorry for him playing in the back of such a wank team defensively, he deserves a CL winning team.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
It's a testament to him that today's performance can probably be considered average by his standards.

World class 'keeper.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Think people are going way over the top. The saves he had were all regulation saves that any good goalkeeper would save.

And we already know that he's a good goalkeeper.

Trizy

Would anyone, at this point, actually blame him if he fecked off to Madrid?
I posted a similar comment in the match thread today, being totally honest about how I wouldn't blame him. After the post I was expecting about 10 or more notifications quoting me telling me to feck off but no one replied. It's got to the stage now, how ever hurt we'd be we just wouldn't blame him.

Dave :(

NoPace

Think people are going way over the top. The saves he had were all regulation saves that any good goalkeeper would save.

And we already know that he's a good goalkeeper.
He made 3 good saves and did nothing wrong. Another excellent game from our best player.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
His save for the volley was amazing.