g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
David de Gea image 1

David de Gea Spain flag

2015-16 Performances

View full 2015-16 profile

6.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
Madrid can take a flying leap and I hope the report of them not being interested are true.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Not really seen him. Is he DDG level?
He's incredibly talented, fast and capable of truly spectacular saves in critical moments but very hard to say if he can reach that epic De Gea/Neuer bar.

Dave can win you a match but in Madrid usually it's all on Ronnie and few other galacticos to make that magic happen.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
I guess playing at RM you need concentration given you'll have feck all to do for most of the match. Like how it used to be for us:(
Great news if Navas is looking class though. Anything to cool their interest in big Dave.

peridigm

If at the end of the season we manage to finish 4th, win the FA Cup, hire Jose and see LVG retire, it will not compare to starting next season with DDG as our #1.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Not really seen him. Is he DDG level?
Arguably as good at shot-stopping, both are the 2 best in the world in that aspect probably. Navas falls behind in other aspects though. Not as good with ball at his feet, and nowhere near as good in the air.

Jippy

Staff
Arguably as good at shot-stopping, both are the 2 best in the world in that aspect probably. Navas falls behind in other aspects though. Not as good with ball at his feet, and nowhere near as good in the air.
That's the thing. DDG is now such an all-rounder with no obvious weakness since he bulked up. Seems light years ago when he used to get bullied on corners.

Classical Mechanic

IT is just a typical Real transfer market move. Pretend they are not that interested and tell De Gea that if he wants to move he has to force one and then Real can pay less for him.

Perrick Dubois

Not trying to scare anyone with the bump, I watched the season review of last year this morning after work. Some of the saves he made were absolutely outrageous. The Liverpool ones, the Everton ones. Even an incredible body save against the Hammers. He is outstanding, go and find the review and have a watch it is scandalous really.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Not trying to scare anyone with the bump, I watched the season review of last year this morning after work. Some of the saves he made were absolutely outrageous. The Liverpool ones, the Everton ones. Even an incredible body save against the Hammers. He is outstanding, go and find the review and have a watch it is scandalous really.
He's arguably the best keeper in the world, it's frightening that he's so good that when he pulls off a genuine WC save it never gets discussed but if Lloris did it it'd be talked about for days because it happens all the time with DDG, that's his level, be a shame if we lose him (though it doesn't look likely).

Perrick Dubois

There is a De Gea montage at the end of this Hull highlights from the Moyes season and there is highlights from the Everton game and a DdG montage and some interviews from last season below.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Love how you considered peoples feelings but yeah, he's brilliant.

Spock

There's very little question now that Dave is the top keeper on the planet. Whatever it takes to keep him, we must do.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He is the best around. Neuer is awesome, but he still seems prone to doing something utterly mental, and we occasionally see him doing something mental. When he pulls it off, he looks like a hero, but when it goes wrong, he's got egg all over his face.

De Gea is almost a polar opposite. He isn't eccentric or outlandish. He sometimes improvises using his legs for those low saves, but he does everything with a great deal of composure and calmness. A mistake from him is a rarity, but because of the standards he has set himself, he is often getting blame in the matchday threads for goals which are almost impossible to stop. Like the Payet free kick, which was insane. Or a number of close range shots this season. Goals that no other goalkeeper would be blamed for, but because it's De Gea, we seem to expect him to save everything.

Irreplaceable.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
The reason why I cannot rate Neuer as high as DDG is that Neuer has a good defence and excellent team in front of him.
If he were to have MUFC's defence in front of him and a team who cannot score goals (he would be under incredible pressure not to concede a single goal) AND he did well, then I'd categorise him at DDG's level.
I don't like to involve God, but "De God" is an apt nick name for him.

I am hoping that Jose convinces him to stay.

Last edited:

Silverman

I think he will stay as he seems very proud looking at his social media posts. Real are being linked to Courtois who has cast doubt over his Chelsea future.

Jippy

Staff
Thought Neuer turned us down for Bayern tbh. That tweet sounds bollocks. Neuer is five years older- weird comparison. Why not get Beuer then DDG in three years later?

Skills

Snitch
Awful flap in the first half from a cross, made up for it with some good saves at the end to keep the score down.

Status
Not open for further replies.