Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Litch

State of this place is absolutely laughable.....anyone thinking Ronaldo or Messi are shit for missing them this WC?

FujiVice

He's the best keeper in the world, and we're lucky to have him. Spain dont deserve nice things.

marktan

I should feel bad but a poor performance for him means 1) Less likely he buggers of to Spain 2) Spain are out.

So I'm quite happy. Spain were really poor. The upcoming players like Isco are not all that. Players like Iniesta, David Silva and Xavi are class but they're old/retired now.

Greck

Vilified for? He's not one of the players who missed their penalties.

This thread is just stupid right now. Some need to wind their necks in....
You think United fans enjoy admitting their best player didn't play to his level? He had a shocker on some of these pens especially the one that slid under him. It was very very saveable

vodrake

I agree that Spain were awful, but De Gea has not done his reputation any good in this World Cup either.

He’s made a grand total of 1 save and let in 6 goals.
And 5 of those were from utter defensive cockups.
2 penalties, a freekick from just outside the box, a 1 on 1 and a completely unmarked header from a corner :houllier:

spiriticon

I'm not blaming De Gea for Spain going out, that's a collective issue.

But the Russian PENS, for me, were so shit. He should have done better.

AndyJ1985

You think United fans enjoy admitting their best player didn't play to his level? He had a shocker on some of these pens especially the one that slid under him. It was very very saveable
Most pens that are ever taken are savable tbh, but the overwhelming majority of pens aren't saved.

binary bot
He didn’t have a great World Cup, but their backline did him no favours with their constant mistakes. Two pens and that one on one versus Morocco. Spain were almost overly confident.

vangagal

I agree that Spain were awful, but De Gea has not done his reputation any good in this World Cup either.

So did entire Spain's team. Maybe because he reject Madrid he's not very welcoming in Spain. You can replace him with Kepa and Spain will still win jackshit in this WC with that pathetic gameplan.

Litch

.....and Messi and CR's reputation?

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
He's always been bad at penalties. Hard to figure out why.

fallengt

25% according to this unless you're either talking about just United or including shootout records as well. Akinfeev's record is slightly better at 26.5%. Courtois' is 16.1%, ter Stegen 24.3% while Neuer has a fantastic 34.6%.

Should have done better in the shootout though. He always dives to his right - van der Sar was similar in preferring to dive to his right.
I only count from his United carrier onward. 5/28 = 17%

HTG

Supports
Bayern
So did entire Spain's team. Maybe because he reject Madrid he's not very welcoming in Spain. You can replace him with Kepa and Spain will still win jackshit in this WC with that pathetic gameplan.
Maybe it has more to do with him not performing for the national team. If you don't deliver, you can't expect a lot of love.

Greck

Most pens that are ever taken are savable tbh, but the overwhelming majority of pens aren't saved.
And some even more saveable than others. The one that went under him in particular was a blunder

Kag

I hope the Real Madrid board are as harsh as some of you lot.

In fairness, I never fancy him at penalties and his inability to come out and sweep until he absolutely has to can be irritating and cost us corners. Can't be perfect, I suppose.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
I can’t believe this has been bumped, are there seriously Man Utd ‘fans’ who even dare question his ability?

Trophy Room

Utter shit in the shootout. Penalties have never been his forte but extremely feeble goalkeeping. Come home Dave!

Crimson King

Who gives a feck how he does for Spain? They wouldn't appreciate him either way whilst he's at United.

As long as he carries on doing the business for us, we should all be happy.

Unless you're Spanish, obviously...

Kapardin

I hope the Real Madrid board are as harsh as some of you lot.

In fairness, I never fancy him at penalties and his inability to come out and sweep until he absolutely has to can be irritating and cost us corners. Can't be perfect, I suppose.
Shouldn't impact us much until he gets too old and his reflexes decline. But just to be safe, I hope Jose has Romero on pens if the opportunity comes next season.:lol:

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Your Hierro played cowardly for 90 mins and only had balls to go at it from ET and yet it all De Gea's fault. Spain loves playing victim card here.
De Gea should have done better in the shootout as well as his pathetic performance v Portugal you can see why he's being questioned.

Besides, at club level he plays behind a really poor defence so he's always being tested. Only 4 keepers made more saves than him last season and two of them played for relegated sides. It seems that when he's playing with Spain he struggles to keep his concentration because he's only tested once in a blue moon.

Ed9

Now come home and continue being the best in the world for us, all good.

Litch

Most of the best goalkeepers that are good at pens are pretty shit at anything else. It's like saying Messi doesn't score enough with his right. As a goalkeeping coach it comes with practice and don't know the stats but I'm not sure how many he's faced for Utd or Spain in normal play.

fallengt

It's hardly a secret that De Gea isn't good at stopping PK. From the top of my head I only remember 3 times he didn't concede: against RvP, Baines & Gerrard's miss.
He really didn't save many.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
.....and Messi and CR's reputation?
They were already pretty much the undisputed best two players of the generation, having performed in the biggest games repeatedly over many years. David hasn't really had the chance to show his worth in the CL, and his international performances haven't been good. He isn't anywhere near that established and of course his reputation will take a hit.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
De Gea should have done better in the shootout as well as his pathetic performance v Portugal you can see why he's being questioned.

Besides, at club level he plays behind a really poor defence so he's always being tested. Only 4 keepers made more saves than him last season and two of them played for relegated sides. It seems that when he's playing with Spain he struggles to keep his concentration because he's only tested once in a blue moon.
Clueless post. There are loads of times for United especially at OT where he had nothing to do all match and makes a cracking save just at the end. It's just lazy generalisation that he lacks concentration.

People should start watching United before posting nonsense. He's been a great keeper for United for five years and even in Ferguson years. How can he suddenly have concentration issues.

vangagal

This match should never come to penalties at all if Spain had some clear game plan to begin with. Poor performance all around but to put the blame on De Gea just plain stupid.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads

Definitely, haven't watched us play much then.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Oh dear. There are so many games where he had to make few saves and did it. At the start of the season people even said we don't rely on him that much anymore. sounds like a post who never watches ManUtd games.

vangagal

Clueless post. There are loads of times for United especially at OT where he had nothing to do all match and makes a cracking save just at the end.

People should start watching United before posting nonsense.
He support Celtic. Too busy to wacth mighty Scottish league maybe.

Bergman

Supports
Liverpool
25% according to this unless you're either talking about just United or including shootout records as well. Akinfeev's record is slightly better at 26.5%. Courtois' is 16.1%, ter Stegen 24.3% while Neuer has a fantastic 34.6%.

Should have done better in the shootout though. He always dives to his right - van der Sar was similar in preferring to dive to his right.
Whats Reina's record like? I was sure Hierro was going to make him his extra time sub.

Zoo

Yet he’s had no problem with the Spanish youth teams, with Fergie or under Van Gaal where we played like Spain have this tournament every single game.

De Gea has a lot to prove yes but it goes far deeper then this, Pique has hands down had one of the worst tournaments ever and Ramos doesn’t always inspire confidence either.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?

That's a really odd perception. Your memory's failing you here because under LVG he was voted the best keeper in the league despite making fewer saves than the likes of Cech and Lloris.

Status
Not open for further replies.