Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

redshaw

Incredible save from a deflection to palm it off the line. That was top draw David De Gea, Dhaslim like (Street Fighter II reference).

James Peril

It might not be the most spectacular save since it came after a scramble in the box, but that’s probably the best save I’ve ever seen live. It’s a goal, no other keeper in the Premier League/world saves that intentionally, but he somehow manages to keep it out. The two steps before diving with more force from his legs, instead of diving too early and not reaching it, as well as the handling of the ball away from goal... it’s just shows why he is the best goalkeeper in the world.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
One of his all-around best matches for us, hasn’t played off the line this well for us in some time. Handled the two crosses well, distribution was better, & was a bit more connected to the back four.
Agreed. One important match-winning save, and very good all around. Didn't have to make a lot of saves and thats the way it should be. He is the best in the world also because of his ability to stay focused even when he isn't involved in the game too much, imo.

EwanI Ted

One of those saves that had everyone wanting to play in net the next day at school. Top stuff.

Rossa

Mid table keeper according to the experts on sky :lol:
What on earth? Surely they were being facetious?

The save was out of this world! Put Dave in the Avengers and he would save the world as well.

Any other goalie, and everyone would be raving about it come next spring.

What also impressed me yesterday was his distribution - he kept it simple, short, and his long range efforts were mostly spot on. Very impressive.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Made some great saves in the 2nd half. Bad error in the first. Herrera should have headed it rather than volleyed though, and Smalling shouldn't have just fallen over.

Devil may care

Misjudged the bounce, similar to what happened to Pickford, shit happens to even the best, he still made 3 top saves in the second have that allowed us to steal a point.

Ashley R1+O

I think this is probably the worst form I've seen him in, doesn't look intense at all. He has nothing to play for but his salary. He has years of credit built up and can just point to the mess in front of him and get in his car and leave. It is a worry and I wouldn't want to lose him but it is genuinely at the point of asking the question "what is the point of him even being here?".

Ban

Good and bad from him. Made a mess for the goal but kept us in it in the 2nd.
Overall a pretty poor form tbh.

Sylar

Would like to see him with a settled defence in front of him (something that Schmeichel and VDS were allowed to get).

Man Utd 4:1 Fulham

Addled

So Courtois has named his top three in the world at the moment,
1/ Ter Stegen
2/ Allison
3/ Oblak
No Neuer and more importantly from our perspective no De Gea. What do you think?
Personally, I think Dave merits a place in the top three. However, he is not exactly sparkling of late. Think of the World Cup for example. He didn’t exactly cover himself in glory. However, that said he still performs to a very high and consistent standard for us most weeks. I believe that he is better than Allison but Allison is benefiting from Liverpool’s strong defense this year. The guy has nothing to do (like Dave a few years ago) and because of this he is in Courtois’ top 3. Silly choice. Anyway what’s everyone else’s view?

A-man

So Courtois has named his top three in the world at the moment,
1/ Ter Stegen
2/ Allison
3/ Oblak
No Neuer and more importantly from our perspective no De Gea. What do you think?
Personally, I think Dave merits a place in the top three. However, he is not exactly sparkling of late. Think of the World Cup for example. He didn’t exactly cover himself in glory. However, that said he still performs to a very high and consistent standard for us most weeks. I believe that he is better than Allison but Allison is benefiting from Liverpool’s strong defense this year. The guy has nothing to do (like Dave a few years ago) and because of this he is in Courtois’ top 3. Silly choice. Anyway what’s everyone else’s view?
If it was last season I would say DDG deserved a spot among top-3, but definitely not this season. What I have seen from Alisson this season, he looks really good. Contributing in many ways, not only as part of the defence but with him they can build from the back. Personally, I wouldn’t say second best in the world, but it is not completely wrong either.

And yes, of course he benefits from being in a team with a strong defence, but most top goalies play in teams with strong defence.

Liverpool 3:1 Man Utd

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
De Gea MotM? It would be nice if he had worked on distributing a ball since joining the club. C’mon, he’s a great shot stopper, but keepers need to offer more than that. His kicking is so mediocre and he has no concept of aggressive, influential passing from the back. If anything is symbolic of United’s decline, it is fans thinking De Gea is delivering right now. Just watch what a top keeper like Van der Sar or any modern keeper since can offer and compare to De Gea. United’s defence offering him saves for fun is distracting from his clear weaknesses.

Last edited:

Mick321

I know he's immune to criticism on here but 33% pass completion is beyond disgusting, like even the likes of Joe Hart average 50% and he's an atrocious hoofer. Just piles pressure straight back on us, really needs to work on it.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I know he's immune to criticism on here but 33% pass completion is beyond disgusting, like even the likes of Joe Hart average 50% and he's an atrocious hoofer. Just piles pressure straight back on us, really needs to work on it.
It’s obvious sitting behind him in the Stretford End that has no vision for a pass. There’s no way he can possibly regard himself in having any real role in our game aside from saving shots. He doesn’t rush out, he doesn’t command his area, he doesn’t use the ball well. It’s not enough and that will become clear when he moves on and is replaced, or our defence improves and focus will fall on other aspects of his game.

Sylar

De Gea MotM? It would be nice if he had worked on distributing a ball since joining the club. C’mon, he’s a great shot stopper, but keepers need to offer more than that. His kicking is so mediocre and he has no concept of aggressive, influential passing from the back. If anything is symbolic of United’s decline, it is fans thinking De Gea is delivering right now. Just watch what a top keeper like Van der Sar or any modern keeper since can offer and compare to De Gea. United’s defence offering him saves for fun is distracting from his clear weaknesses.
His kicking has gone backwards under us. When he first joined, his distribution was one of his assets. It seems that part has been neglected and now its a lot of hoofing out like its an instruction.

A-man

His kicking has gone backwards under us. When he first joined, his distribution was one of his assets. It seems that part has been neglected and now its a lot of hoofing out like its an instruction.
I feel like football has evolved during the last years, and maybe that contributes to the feeling that he got worse. Today there is much higher and more intense pressure which makes it harder to play from the back. At the same time there are much higher demands on goalkeepers to be good with their feet. Don’t know if this is true or not, just some thoughts I’ve had.

Also, a few years ago United were feared by the opponents and they probably moved back a little. Today even weak teams come to OT trying to dominate.

Bwuk

Honest watching Alisson no idea how people can think he is better than De Gea.

Best keeper in the country by a mile.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Honest watching Alisson no idea how people can think he is better than De Gea.

Best keeper in the country by a mile.
A random pass is as important as a goal-stopping save or tackle these days. Beats me

criticalanalysis

Can still improve with his passing but he's already had an okay/decent level so hopefully that will come with more games in this set up.

Absolutely needs to work on his positioning outside the 6 yard box though. That's his one major consistent problem.

If we are going to continue to a high line, he needs to come out more to pick up/clear those easy balls at the edge of the penalty box and those lofted crosses.

A few times he put our defenders into trouble because they were literally backing into De Gea's territory.

Fracture90

He was bored for most of the game, but still chipped in with some great saves when called upon. Think his distribution is the most underrated part of his game.

Andrew~

So annoyed for him, played well today but still can’t get that clean sheet. Deserves it.

Status
Not open for further replies.