Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick08

I'm not sure if there might be more at play, I remember when the whole fax machine saga happened, he never lost his composure and form, so this contract situation shouldn't be causing these lapses IMO, it feels like more. He isn't playing well I agree but to say he's part of the shit show is harsh, the last few months he has been poor, but he's been a shining light for us in what has been a 6 year shit show.

I'd have probably dropped him after Everton, but as Neville said tonight, it's not unusual for great servants to get leeway when in bad form, we did it with Rooney for way too long as well, it's the nature of football.
Before Barcelona Arsenal and Wolves happened, Barcelona error was a moment which made me like" that's it its time to bench him".

MadMike

I'm not sure if there might be more at play, I remember when the whole fax machine saga happened, he never lost his composure and form, so this contract situation shouldn't be causing these lapses IMO, it feels like more. He isn't playing well I agree but to say he's part of the shit show is harsh, the last few months he has been poor, but he's been a shining light for us in what has been a 6 year shit show.

I'd have probably dropped him after Everton, but as Neville said tonight, it's not unusual for great servants to get leeway when in bad form, we did it with Rooney for way too long as well, it's the nature of football.
He’s been getting leeway since Feb mate. We gave him the chance to play himself into form but whatever’s going on, his head is gone now and needs taking out of the team for both his and our sake.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Someone suggested it months ago but maybe he has been affected by the World Cup more than we think because he has been as inconsistent as he is with Spain which is a first since his first season with us.

Devil may care

He’s been getting leeway since Feb mate. We gave him the chance to play himself into form but whatever’s going on, his head is gone now and needs taking out of the team for both his and our sake.
The Arsenal game was Feb, right? Then yeah he has and the mistakes are getting more frequent, but with Rooney we gave him like 2 years leeway. :lol: Like I say I'd drop him for the Chelsea game but I don't think Ole will.

Mcking

I've got issues with his command of his box, but he has been making plenty uncharacteristic mistakes in a position you couldn't afford many mistakes. Drop him.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
If it's true he's asking for a payrise to offset not playing in the Champions League...:lol:

In woeful form.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I'm not Ederson's biggest fan, but the Brazilians bravery and distribution is on a different level to De Gea. Ederson for a keeper that isn't the biggest is better than De Gea at commanding his area too.

It's time to drop him, and personally I hope we sell at the end of the season.

wr8_utd

:'(
Today highlighted the difference between DDG and Ederson. The latter is proactive, he comes charging out at the first sign of trouble and is decisive in the box. DDG does none of this . I'm so sure DDG would have never come out for that through ball that was played to Rashford and neither would he have come out to collect that bouncing ball in the City box in the second half that could have been dangerous.

Web of Bissaka

So about the second goal by Sane...

Ridiculous save attempt, that straight shot seriously went to him freely, he only just need to kick it away, no need to dive sideways or quick jump. It's not even a powerful cannon shot nor even a strong deceptive curling shot. Rubbish.

Mind is filled with lucrative contract, with United or other club -- body doesn't compute, too much distractions~~ :houllier:

3KDré

I think, like Casillas, his physical capabilities are waning and therefore so is he. We should see what people offer for him before these mistakes become regularity.

RedIke

Pains me to say all this. But he's just so bad since the new year. It hurts. Ederson, who I never really fancied looks like years beyond Dave this season. Never would I have ever thought I'd say such a thing.

I don't even want him sold. But man oh man will I be seething if Romero doesn't get the nod on Sunday.

ravi2

I am getting the feeling that DDG is either telling the board he wants to leave through this performances or he subconsciously wants out and is messing with his ability.
I havent seen him make so many mistakes since his first season.

RedCurry

He’s gone full Iker Casillas. I always thought this day would come but it’s come way too early.

Giggs86

True red, took one (or two) for the team to ensure Liverpool won't win the league.

not really, he's just a bit shit at the moment

Kostov

I can't believe what I'm seeing. Is he practically fed up with the mess in front of him, and thinking feck this shit I'm out. Some of those mistakes are like he is trying to force a move, which saddens me greatly.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Still think that he can overcome his second bad spell at United (after the one when he came)

I still want him to be our GK over the next 4/5 years and be our captain next year, but a compromise should be made over his wages and Mendes’s fee.

We can’t let Pogba, Herrera, Mata and him all leaving this summer.

Some leaders should stay anyway for the balance in the dressing room.

He may be the less negative influence that we have so I am still counting on him.

Hope that with a new contract soon and a good summer he can be back on top.

May be he is looking at PSG or Juventus: teams which actually have a chance to win stuff in the near future.
I'd hope he's got more ambition than that.

Hopefully it's just a blip in form. He's been the best keeper in the world for years, he was due a rough patch.

EwanI Ted

Surprised people are so on De Gea's back tbh. He had a stinker for sure, but to suggest this is the beginning of the end feels an overreaction. Its only 5 minutes since he had that incredible performance away against Spurs, which showcased both his rection times & positioning. Maybe he is declining, who knows, but it'll take more than a few weeks poor form to convince me.

RG 11

I think he has mentally checked out. Probably wondering what it would have been like if the fax had gone through all those years ago.

Djemba-Djemba

Surprised people are so on De Gea's back tbh. He had a stinker for sure, but to suggest this is the beginning of the end feels an overreaction. Its only 5 minutes since he had that incredible performance away against Spurs, which showcased both his rection times & positioning. Maybe he is declining, who knows, but it'll take more than a few weeks poor form to convince me.
It's been about 6 or 7 weeks of him making a terrible error every single game costing us a goal.

How many more mistakes do you need?

People seem to think posters saying he should be dropped mean we want him sold. That's not true.

I hope we sign him to a new contract and he stays, but he 100% has to be dropped for the rest of the season. He is a huge liability right now and if he plays the next 3 games I expect him to make more feck ups.

JP77

Classic example of United fans this is. Greatest keeper on the world but the moment he goes through a bad spell he's completely shit on, we should drop him, he's not loyal, it's all about money, sell him etc.

Even more hilarious considering the player we are talking about. A guy that had been regarded as arguably the best in the world for seasons now. A guy who was carrying us on our back a lot of time through the worst spell the club has seen in decades. Quite easy to also forget some of the incredible saves and stuff he's done this season as well it seems. It's almost as laughable as that time United fans thought Lindegaard was a better keeper than him.

Replacing or dropping De Gea, one of the world's best goalkeepers, shouldn't even be a discussion right now among some of the stuff the club actually need to be changing and some of the players that need replacing.

JoaquinJoaquin

Is it bad that i'd say to De Gea "take the deal we have offered or walk away"?

I genuinely think we could of seen the best of De Gea already, and continuing this trend of smashing our wage budget is something we shouldn't be doing, regardless of how well he has done in the past. I don't think Real Madrid would want him now anyways.

Renegade

Classic example of United fans this is. Greatest keeper on the world but the moment he goes through a bad spell he's completely shit on, we should drop him, he's not loyal, it's all about money, sell him etc.

Even more hilarious considering the player we are talking about. A guy that had been regarded as arguably the best in the world for seasons now. A guy who was carrying us on our back a lot of time through the worst spell the club has seen in decades. Quite easy to also forget some of the incredible saves and stuff he's done this season as well it seems. It's almost as laughable as that time United fans thought Lindegaard was a better keeper than him.

Replacing or dropping De Gea, one of the world's best goalkeepers, shouldn't even be a discussion right now among some of the stuff the club actually need to be changing and some of the players that need replacing.
I’m torn. I kind of feel how you do here right now. We really can’t preach loyalty when as soon as our players go through a bad spell we demand them to be sold. We can’t deny his performances are shocking though and we really shouldn’t be smashing or wage structure for him based on this form. What do we do?

He should have left us to win things a few years ago.

Ibrahimorich

I don't think the sky is falling on his career like some here seem to but he doesn't deserve to start the next game that's for sure.

He could have no complaints. I think it would also send a good message from Ole. Nobody is undroppable. Play well or sit on the bench.

EwanI Ted

It's been about 6 or 7 weeks of him making a terrible error every single game costing us a goal.

How many more mistakes do you need?

People seem to think posters saying he should be dropped mean we want him sold. That's not true.

I hope we sign him to a new contract and he stays, but he 100% has to be dropped for the rest of the season. He is a huge liability right now and if he plays the next 3 games I expect him to make more feck ups.
6 or 7 weeks? After 5+ years of being among the best in the world? I would hope he's earned enough trust to us stick with him for longer than that.

Djemba-Djemba

6 or 7 weeks? After 5+ years of being among the best in the world? I would hope he's earned enough trust to us stick with him for longer than that.
Almost every player suffers a dip in form, he's going through a huge one now. 6 or 7 weeks of making a huge error every single game for a goalkeeper is fairly unique I'd say. I think most keepers on a run like that would expect to be dropped no matter how good they've been before. In 99 Schmeichel was taken out of the team and went on holiday to sort himself out because he was in poor form, maybe De Gea needs something like that.

Dropping him might do him some good, give him a chance to clear his head. Our top 4 chances are very very slim, if we keep playing De Gea we'll have no chance.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
If he actually wants to stay, we have to stick by him and get the signature on the contract.

He's clawed us out of danger far too many times over the years to just instantly dump him because of a few bad performances.

RuudTom83

He has been the standout performer for the last 5 years, a few bad months are not going to change my opinion on him.

But considering there is not much to play for for the remainder of this season, it might be a relief to take him out of the team and give him a rest.

EwanI Ted

Almost every player suffers a dip in form, he's going through a huge one now. 6 or 7 weeks of making a huge error every single game for a goalkeeper is fairly unique I'd say. I think most keepers on a run like that would expect to be dropped no matter how good they've been before. In 99 Schmeichel was taken out of the team and went on holiday to sort himself out because he was in poor form, maybe De Gea needs something like that.

Dropping him might do him some good, give him a chance to clear his head. Our top 4 chances are very very slim, if we keep playing De Gea we'll have no chance.
That's far from certain. To my mind its a question of when he returns to form, not if. I'm not advocating playing a poor player out of respect for what he's done in the past, Im saying that he's been so good for so long that he will start playing well again at some point. Even after this run of form, if I had to put a bet on who was more likely to pull a MOTM performance out of the hat in the next game out of between De Gea and Romero, at this point I'd still say De Gea.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He has saved us so many times that not sticking by him would be such a disgrace. However I think he needs a couple of games out of the side. The contract situation makes that difficult.
We need to get rid of his coach either way. Your mate as your coach doesn't work.

Djemba-Djemba

Just for the record, I'm not saying get rid of him.

fecking hell he's been our best player for years. I just think he needs to be dropped for his own good. We've tried to let him Play his way into form and its clearly failed.

Sylar

Shouldnt play against Chelsea. But you just know, if that happens, it will be the one time Romero comes in and makes a big blunder (and everybody will say 'Why did Ole drop their best keeper')

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.

Perfect example of why we are where we are. Dropping de gea shouldn't be a discussion because of how he's played in the past? feck that! That's exactly how we ended up with two years of Rooney stinking up the joint.
History means feck all. Doesn't matter if you have been the best In the world or still are, you still have to prove it and earn your place every time you pull on the shirt, if you can't do that then leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.