Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracture90

We always knew it's impossible to keep the level he was on the last few years but man did he turn to shiit quickly. He let us down in crucial moments this season.

Legendary

De Gea shouldn't have his buddy as Goalkeeping coach. Under Sir Alex he had Steele, Moyes brought his own, so did LVG and Jose, is it a coincidence that as soon as his buddy is head goalkeeping coach after Ole came in, that De Gea's form turns to shit?

MadMike

This is on Ole. De Gea has been shit since Feb with constant errors. Like any player in shit form, he needs benching till he sorts his head out.

Ole took the gamble to stick with him, hoping his form would change, and it backfired.

Classical Mechanic

Posted this in the other thread but we need to be pragmatic about this

If PSG want to drop £60m with one year on his contract we should take it. No guarantee that he'll recover from this years decline and he either wants unjustifiable wages to stay or will leave on a free next year.

izec

There’s no pressure next week so he’ll make a few worldies. All De Gea’s best work for United has always been some when we are so wank that there was no expectation.
Not sure about that, it is not game by game currently, he is shit in every game for months. Next week wont be an exception. If he gets shots on goal, he will feck up, literally from everywhere nowadays

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Lapse of form, given his overall performances for United it's pathetic to see people turn on him so easily.
And he has been well remunerated for his efforts, while continuing to flirt with Madrid for years.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’s cost us with a terrible couple of months. One more win somewhere we would probably be where we need to be. Errors against Arsenal, Wolves, Everton, City and Chelsea have killed us when we were very much in the match.

I think it’s reasonable to think we’d have gotten an extra point or 3.

LoneStar

If he’s not dropped for the next game, I’ll lose all my confidence in Ole.

Regardless of wether he’s staying or not, something clearly is wrong with him. Just give him time to sort it out.

MadMike

Lapse of form, given his overall performances for United it's pathetic to see people turn on him so easily.
Jesus fecking Christ. Any player in consistently poor form needs dropping. For their sake and the teams'. It's not punishment or "turning" it's common fecking sense.

Walters_19_MuFc

Not too sure why he tried to catch it. I guess when you're in good form and confident its food and drink, but hes not and he should have probably just tried to parry it away for a corner.

MadMike

Imagine he has these games at the Bernabeu. They'll eat him alive.
Madrid are not coming in for him after the shitshow he put on for Spain in the summer and now United this season.

He'll crumble to pieces at the Bernabeu

m1tch

What's cost us top 4 are the defeats like the ones at Wolves and Everton, and the fact that the only chance we had in the second half was from Rojo.

That said, more awful keeping from De Gea, really disappointing. Not helping us to negotiate a good fee for him is he.

Giggsyking

He declined and it is good we can see it now before we give him a new contract, I hope he can find a new club.

Wilfred Brown

He’s cost us with a terrible couple of months. One more win somewhere we would probably be where we need to be. Errors against Arsenal, Wolves, Everton, City and Chelsea have killed us when we were very much in the match.

I think it’s reasonable to think we’d have gotten an extra point or 3.
We might have won against Arsenal Wolves and Chelsea but for his mistakes, and we may draw vs City.

He cost us 9 points - 3 against Arsenal, 3 against Wolves, 2 against Chelsea and 1 against City.

His decline is not a dip in form, he is doing a Casillas and Valdes except that he starts his decline at 28 instead of 32 or 33.

MadMike

What's cost us top 4 are the defeats like the ones at Wolves and Everton, and the fact that the only chance we had in the second half was from Rojo.

That said, more awful keeping from De Gea, really disappointing. Not helping us to negotiate a good fee for him is he.
Why did the games at Wolves or Everton cost us more than this? What's the rationale?

Have you seen Wolves' and Everton's record in their ground against the top 6? This game was easier than those. And more important

Paul_Scholes18

Why do games at Wolves cost more than this? What's the rationale?

Have you seen Wolves' and Everton's record in their ground against the top 6? This game was easier than those. And more important
De Gea also made huge errors and played like shit against both Wolves and Everton too.

Canagel

The worst goalkeeper of the PL curently. We have bigger problem than him but his mistakes have cost the team top 4.

UncleBob

Jesus fecking Christ. Any player in consistently poor form needs dropping. For their sake and the teams'. It's not punishment or "turning" it's common fecking sense.
I don't disagree that he needs to be benched, what i disagree with is all the "he's shit", "sell him"

"Every week gives away a goal or two. I cant wait to see him feck off."

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
This is why he and other players don't give a shit about fans or club loyalty. It goes both ways, fans only adore players (and get fangry when they dare to think of other options in football) who are very good and remain useful to the club.
If you're not, they could care less and excitingly get on that transfer forum to see what new flavour of the month they can buy after selling player x or y. Stam said in his book that Keane told him they are just cattle, to be sold and dealt with as seen fit by the whims of fans and clubs. They're right.

Just look at the latest tantrums and names he gets called for playing badly for 3 months. Even after all he's done he still gets alot of bullshit on this forum when he doesn't perform for a relatively short period. All that luvvin and cuddling on here, all those lovely memes of dave saves, all the hiphumpers have all gone full internet warrior mode on him.

They owe us nothing and I hope he continues to try and get the best contract he can with us. Otherwise he can go and we move on too.

Last edited:

m1tch

Why did the games at Wolves or Everton cost us more than this? What's the rationale?

Just the fact that it's collectively the team's run of form of late that has cost us. It's not like we've had 10 players playing well out there each week and then De Gea gaffs being the sole reason for dropped points.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
We might have won against Arsenal Wolves and Chelsea but for his mistakes, and we may draw vs City.

He cost us 9 points - 3 against Arsenal, 3 against Wolves, 2 against Chelsea and 1 against City.

His decline is not a dip in form, he is doing a Casillas and Valdes except that he starts his decline at 28 instead of 32 or 33.
The Arsenal one was key for me. Things started slipping away there, and ultimately, against a top 4 rival - 3 points there would have been huge.

MadMike

I don't disagree that he needs to be benched, what i disagree with is all the "he's shit", "sell him"

"Every week gives away a goal or two. I cant wait to see him feck off."
The "sell him" bit comes because he hasn't signed the contract offer he's got on the table. If he had, no one would be saying that. Kneejerk as it is as a reaction, it's also partly on De Gea.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Thing about De Gea is after the fumble he absolutely shits it on the follow up. He could easily have pounced on that.

He’s the most cowardly goalkeeper I think I’ve ever seen.

What’s your definition of “cowardly” in the context of a goal keeper out of interest?

MadMike

Just the fact that it's collectively the team's run of form of late that has cost us. It's not like we've had 10 players playing well out there each week and then De Gea gaffs being the sole reason for dropped points.
When the team is not playing particularly well, it's even more important to not give stupid goals away for nothing. Like today. Or against City. Or at Barcelona.

Out of all the players who've hit shit form these last 3 months, De Gea is the worst culprit. It's not solely because of him, obviously it's team game, but it's largely because of him.

Chelsea never looked like scoring today. Their only chance was at 97 mins.

ChickenFactoryWorker

For me it was only a matter of time before his atrocious performances for Spain came to United. He is very unreliable and/or mentally weak. If his excuse now is that his head is elsewhere then what excuse did he have at the Euros and World Cup? The mistakes he made in those tournaments were basic, schoolboy errors quite like the ones he's been making recently.

Patrick08

When the team is not playing particularly well, it's even more important to not give stupid goals away for nothing. Like today. Or against City. Or at Barcelona.

Out of all the players who've hit shit form these last 3 months, De Gea is the worst culprit. It's not solely because of him, obviously it's team game, but it's largely because of him.

Or against arsenal, and wolves

A-man

Fully agree. Especially when there is such a great goalie as Romero as an option.

M Bison

Supports
York City
One who shits himself on every single occasion.

Never, ever, comes for a ball. Never puts himself where it hurts. Shows zero bravery.
Your post says he’s the most cowardly keeper you’ve ever seen, surely you’ve seen a GK who has less of the above traits than DDG?

Or is it just this run of poor form that you’re calling him out on his bravery etc?

His confidence is shot and he’s no where near the Gk he was a few months ago, but most cowardly of all time is a bit strong.

m1tch

Yeah you're right, but it's also not right to let the other shithouses in our squad get away with their performances by focusing too much on De Gea's gaffs.

Prodigy24

Love him but he needs to be dropped. Been terrible for a month now and today was perhaps the worst. 2 pointless games left so it wouldn't make that much of a difference anyway, but he needs to stay away from the pitch atm.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Thought Neville made a decent point in commentary about how his back 4 is constantly changing which can’t help. Not vindicating his recent form but I certainly don’t think we should fire him off.

I hope we stick with him and help him rediscover his form.

Status
Not open for further replies.