Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Ben Foster likes him:

“He is the most natural goalie you will ever see,” he said. “He is the Messi of goalkeeping.

“He does it all the time. It’s almost like he is not even bothered, either.

“It would be so nice to pull those saves off, get up and it’s almost like he just wants to go home. He is brilliant.

“A top goalie and, if any young goalie out there wants to learn how to be a goalkeeper, watch David de Gea. He is world class. Breathtaking.”
https://www.football365.com/news/rival-bestows-alissons-nickname-upon-de-gea-instead

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I don't know if I'm just used to him making great saves but I thought the ones he made against Watford were pretty routine :nervous:

Web of Bissaka

Awesome like always.

Love the look of his disgusted face at the dying minutes. Showed he deeply care.

And he's getting more vocal. Keep it up.

Edit: :lol:just 3 comments of recent game. Another routine performance by him, not much to be said isn't it.

A-man

God knows where we'd be without him. I think he's worth 6-8 league positions easily.
You mean that United would be around 14-15 in the league with another goalkeeper? Or 8-10th position last season?

Raw

Nice one David. People are gonna get annoyed about it because of his World Cup tournament (which was really overblown, only made one blunder), but still ignoring his very impressive season at United.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Awesome like always.

Love the look of his disgusted face at the dying minutes. Showed he deeply care.

And he's getting more vocal. Keep it up.

Edit: :lol:just 3 comments of recent game. Another routine performance by him, not much to be said isn't it.
Mate, we are well past the stage where we praise his performance.
We've reached a stage where every match, we expect him to put a match winning performance. A match winning performance for a GK, is almost unheard of.
Our defenders are so bad, it must frustrate DDG, that opponents can so easily go past them and he is forced to make difficult saves, to keep our team in the match.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
If I'd been 10 yrs younger, I would've sent those FIFA XI screenshots to all my De Gea downplaying mates who always say him not getting the recognition outside United means he's actually not that good. It's as if non-United fans found it hard to take we can have the best player in his position.

Last edited:

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Is he actually the best in the world though... o_O

Great shotstopper most of the time, but you know what they say about GKs who are called great shotstoppers :p

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
God knows where we'd be without him. I think he's worth 6-8 league positions easily.
I'm sorry, do you mean him being in goals as opposed to nobody at all being in? Otherwise that's a pretty ludicrous case of hyperbole.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
If I'd been 10 yrs younger, I would've sent those FIFA XI screenshots to all my De Gea downplaying mates who always say him not getting the recognition outside United means he's actually not that good. It's as if non-United fans found it hard to take we can have the best player in his position.
Youve signed Neuer? :eek:

Jojo <3 Mou

Congrats to De Gea! He is and has been a brilliant servant to United. He deserves all the best. Looking forward to him winning many more big things with us, both on a team and individual level. :)

Web of Bissaka

Mate, we are well past the stage where we praise his performance.
We've reached a stage where every match, we expect him to put a match winning performance. A match winning performance for a GK, is almost unheard of.
Our defenders are so bad, it must frustrate DDG, that opponents can so easily go past them and he is forced to make difficult saves, to keep our team in the match.
Yeah, it's getting repetitive. At this stage, him making mistakes would garner a lot more posts.

RooneyLegend

Like McGrath at Villa in the 90's he's holding everything together whilst being a few levels above his teammates. Just give him Sanchez money, lord knows if anyone deserves it, De god does.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Glad he was in FIFA 11, very well deserved.

James Peril

So Cortouis is the GK of the year, but de Gea gets ahead of him in the team of the year? Makes total sense.

Mcking

That XI proves that all these football awards, XIs etc are rubbish especially when it is determined by voting.

kotha

Brilliant new!! Chuffed for him..

Hope they announce the extension of his contract soon..

28 years old,time has flown by.
Shame he hasn't got more in his medal collection because he sure as hell deserves it.
He is the epitome of what is great about Manchester United.The players and management could learn a thing or two from him and how he carries himself in and around United.

West Ham 3:1 Man Utd

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
Gotta wonder what he thinks sometimes. All that brilliance and yet...

At least he looked like the best in the world in previous seasons under LvG and Mourinho and was credited with being a huge part of our great defensive records. This season he's conceding goal after goal.

MuranoLover

Why GKs just stand and watch and not make a step and intercept the low ball and not receive a goal ? Very strange

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Gotta wonder what he thinks sometimes. All that brilliance and yet...

At least he looked like the best in the world in previous seasons under LvG and Mourinho and was credited with being a huge part of our great defensive records. This season he's conceding goal after goal.
If it wasn't for his saves we'd have probably lost against Wolves aswell

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
If it wasn't for his saves we'd have probably lost against Wolves aswell
Yep I'm not putting our goals conceded down to him, although perhaps he hasn't been quite at his brilliant best. But he's being tainted by our defensive record this season and it might get to a point where he wonders whether he'd be better off elsewhere. At least in previous seasons he could take some plaudits from our defensive records.

Mcking

So he has cost us the chance of two potential comebacks with awful passes. Against Brighton and today.

Sylar

Great goalkeeper and I adore him but his kicking is fecking awful. At least one bad per kick per game where he kicks it low straight to opposition or just out of play.
I remember when he joined, his footwork was one of the best things about him. Slowly over time, it seems hes been told to just hoof it as quickly as possible which makes no sense. His distribution and passing (im sure unless im remembering fondly incorrectly) used to be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.