Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I thought he had looked a bit like his old self this season, but as soon as we got near the top of the league his level dropped massively, again. Time to give Henderson a go, if he can't cut it either then its an area of the team we need to address in the summer.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
MUppet alert.

No place for sentimentality anymore, it’s part of the reason we’ve become so shit.

Thanks for the memories Dave, but you’re no longer the keeper we want or need.
I was being sarcastic lulz. I’m no fan of DDG and have wanted him out since that awful performance against Barca in 2018 and subsequently costing us top 4 in Ole’s first season.

UnitedFan93

That feels like a turning point. Shite for the second but the third was damning. That's not a man ready to die for the cause. Excuse the hyperbole.
He really is a coward. It's not the first time this season either, he bottled a 50-50 with Kluviert that knocked us out the CL. Let's just say i wouldn't want to go to war with him. An absolute pussy.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Remember when he caught the ball in the 90th minute? And then instead of falling to the floor and wasting some time, just booted it straight up the field looking for a difficult ball to Rashford?

Why do our players turn to idiots in injury time?

JG3001

I was being sarcastic lulz. I’m no fan of DDG and have wanted him out since that awful performance against Barca in 2018 and subsequently costing us top 4 in Ole’s first season.
Fair enough, I apologise, honestly though, I have come across some right muppets who still defend him on these pages, and it frustrates the hell out of me.

One world class save here and there doesn’t cancel out a piss poor ability to command your area.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Dreadful

the goalkeeper version of lindelof
Honestly. Nothing personal against either, I just don’t think either of them have it in the way we need to get back where we need to be. It’ll constantly be fannying and floundering in games like this when the going gets tough.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Back to one of his terrible games. Dreadful mistake for the first goal, horribly weak for the second.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
One thing I would say in his defence is that he's only made one official error leading to either a chance or goal in the PL this season. Less than the likes of Ederson and Alison and much less than he made in his two previous seasons. So in terms of actual mistakes he's made this season, there might be some overreacting tonight.

In general though we're right to be concerned, I think.

Djemba-Djemba

Let's not forget he's had a good season. Today was terrible. We all know this is his biggest weakness, a lack of courage, but every player has weaknesses and DDG's strengths have saved us more than once this season. Let's not go overboard.
That is just absolutely not true.

He hadn't been making the ridiculous errors he was making in the 18/19 and 19/20 seasons that cost us points and cost us chances to win trophies, but he 100% was not having a good season. He was having a totally mediocre season. He's such a coward, a major major reason we concede so many goals from set pieces is down to him.

He's been shocking now for 2 years.

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
On his head really today. That first goal was unacceptable and set the scene for more goals

Park's Petrified Pooch

First and third goals are indefensible really. He’s a colossal bed wetter. A fanny. A teddy clutching crybaby. I know this sounds childish. But it’s how he comes across. It’s insane the lack of mentality he has given he’s an elite sportsman. Time for a change.

SeanyC

Goalkeepers command their Box Goalkeepers command their Box Goalkeepers command their Box...hammer your own teammate out of the way if you have to, jaysus this guy, Hendo waiting in the wings but this guy still getting on, I’m sorry but there is no excuse now, he has to be benched for a while.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
We honestly do need to give Henderson a run, but if not I'd rather have Romero in net.

VivaRonaldo85

There’s a gap of top class goalkeepers out there at the moment. But what you need is bravery, a voice, a presence, good distribution with your feet, a sweeper who is comfortable off their line, and a good shot stopper. DDG has one of those six attributes now. As I’ve said for a few months, Ole has an uncomfortable decision to make....

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Let's not forget he's had a good season. Today was terrible. We all know this is his biggest weakness, a lack of courage, but every player has weaknesses and DDG's strengths have saved us more than once this season. Let's not go overboard.
Statistically he's been one of the worst keepers in the league, he's had a better season than the last 2 but it's a long way from a good season.

MU655

I do think we should look at changing goalkeepers soon, anyway. I don't think De Gea is the type of keeper that will have longevity into his thirties. His best assets are reactions and shot-stopping, but those have and will decline.

The benefits of having an experienced keeper are just not there with him to make up for slower reaction speed. Van Der Sar was commanding and great at dealing with crosses and freekicks. It helps to organise the defence and obviously improves defence against set-pieces. Not saying Van der Sar wasn't still a great shot-stopper, but he wasn't as reliant as De Gea.

He is also making a lot of mistakes. I just don't think we can stick with him for too long.

Reactions: golden_blunder

Mcking

He will keep a cleansheet against West Brom having faced zero shots on target, and all will be forgotten.

big rons sovereign

He did nothing wrong for their first goal
He was hiding behind his near post then stretched out an arm to push it on to who ever it was that scored.
It's no wonder our defenders are so pannicky knowing there's a total shithouse behind them, ready to turn tail and run.

DavidDeSchmikes

Seems to have no authority or presence in his 6 yard box.
Should have done much better for the first goal, and as for the third goal he should have been out quicker, but the ball was away from Calvert Lewin. Because De Gea was indecisive, it gave Calvert Lewin the opportunity to reach the ball. By the time De Gea has come out he hasn't got his body ready for the one on one, so all Calvert Lewin has to do his merely poke the ball beyond De Gea.
IMO Henderson is off his line much quicker and clears it up.
We obviously have defensive problems (that need to be addressed) and we're not winning or challenging for honours defending like that.
I've stuck by De Gea from day one (Community Shield 2011). But for Ole he faces big decisions between now and the summer.

Frank White

Time to try Deano, cost us the points today. Love the bloke for what he's done in the past but that DDG looks long gone.

The Hilton

Cost us the match, probably the worst performance he's had for us. Didn't make a single save, handed them the goal that started their revival, was bizarrely in a rush and gave the ball away in added time, and showed a lack of courage at the end when DCL poked it past him.

Drainy

We were laughing at the time but I think time has shown that the fax machine fecked us over.

We'd have been better off with Keylor Navas.

Status
Not open for further replies.