Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Holocene

I can't imagine what he's feeling right now. We should've beaten them in 90 mins comfortably.

Yagami

Good post resistant
We all know he's terrible at saving pens, but his pen was pathetic.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
Penalties are always a lottery. Anyone can score and miss. Heck I would most definitely miss but I may also score.

marktan

He's a top keeper but he's always been a poor penalty stopper for some reason. Ole Should've made the sub ala Tim Krul.

Overall not bothered by missing out on the Mickey mouse cup.

Superunknown

It's such an enigma. How can a goalkeeper, who can pull off unbelievable saves and be a very good shot stopper, be so utterly useless at saving penalties? He could've faced 20 or 30 and I don't think he would have got close to any of them. It's so bad.

spiriticon

I've never seen a more useless cnut at penalties.

He may as well be smoking a cigar behind the net and telling the pen taker where to put it

Dan_F

In fairness their keeper was just as bad in the shootout. Bruno and Shaw’s both should have been saved.

David looked like he was diving half a second early each time.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
It's such an enigma. How can a goalkeeper, who can pull off unbelievable saves and be a very good shot stopper, be so utterly useless at saving penalties? He could've faced 20 or 30 and I don't think he would have got close to any of them. It's so bad.
It's all about his technique on them. It just isn't good.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Didn't get close to a single pen and then misses his. Not mad at him missing his but he needed to least get close to one when he's the highest paid goalkeeper.

Brophs

The One and Only
Pretty gutted for him, if that’s to be his last kick of a ball at United. He’s become a bit of a figure of fun among some over the last couple of years, which have been rough for him, but he was our best player for years and he kept us competitive when the squad was a mess at times.

Born2Lose

Utter coward, I knew he'd miss the penalty. His body language was telegraphing it so much he might as well have told the opposition GK where he was going to put it before he kicked it.

That this guy is the best paid GK in world football really shows what a shambles the club has become.

T_Model101

He's doesn't actually have a bad record over his career
Peter Schmeichel was never a good penalty saver either

Superunknown

It's all about his technique on them. It just isn't good.
It's really bad and it bothers me. I know it's a tough and often quite lonely role being a goalkeeper, so I'm trying not to put the boot in too much. But, you'd think for a keeper of his quality he would have worked on this over the years or put the hours in to even get a little better.

ThehatchetMan

Plz look at Me! Pay attention to Me!
Supports
Crusaders FC
I really feel sorry for him right now as that will be really difficult to take mentally.

Once it went to penalties I knew it was slim pickings as DDG just isn't great at penalities.

His penalty record is blizzard though.

In April 2016 his record was 28 conceded and 11 saved. It is now 64 conceded and 11 saved. 36 penalties conceded in a row. That's abysmal.

dove

Unfortunately all the blame for losing the final will go on him now instead of our useless coaching staff.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Soon as he pulled up his socks you knew he'd lose. His body associated pulling up socks with spending time and delaying the inevitable. It was a coping mechanism for the anxiety he was very obviously feeling.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
It was better than Shaw's at least. If the keeper dives the other way we're saying different.
Yes and if de gea masturbates whilst diving mid air to save a pen we call him bonkers.

How about if Bruno starts licking oles shoes for no reason.

Can you think of anymore ifs

Matthew84!

He could of blindfolded the penalty taker and he'd still not save one.
He's cost us this year and he cost us in the semi finals last year.
He probably cost Moyes his job when he let Sunderland score in the semi final of the league Cup against us.
Please leave our club and take your shitty GK skills with you.

tjb

Penalties are always a lottery. Anyone can score and miss. Heck I would most definitely miss but I may also score.
He didn't even look like he was going to get close to 1. It's not that he missed or even conceded the 11, its how he looked whilst doing it. From the first 2 pens I knew we'd lose.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Yet again when there is pressure he is found wanting, oles first season, crunch time in the top 4 race, bottles it, semis, bottles it, Leipzig, bottles it, tonight? Same fecking story.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
It's really bad and it bothers me. I know it's a tough and often quite lonely role being a goalkeeper, so I'm trying not to put the boot in too much. But, you'd think for a keeper of his quality he would have worked on this over the years or put the hours in to even get a little better.
Surely though that finger should then also be pointed at our coaching?

Renegade

Clubs highest paid player in its history embarrassed on the world stage again. Just go PSG already.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Pretty gutted for him, if that’s to be his last kick of a ball at United. He’s become a bit of a figure of fun among some over the last couple of years, which have been rough for him, but he was our best player for years and he kept us competitive when the squad was a mess at times.
Yes, spot on. I hope fans remember him at his peak and not this. Sadly, his peak came at the worst possible time.

izec

Yet again when there is pressure he is found wanting, oles first season, crunch time in the top 4 race, bottles it, semis, bottles it, Leipzig, bottles it, tonight? Same fecking story.
Spain starting GK for the first time in a tournament, bottled it as well

Status
Not open for further replies.