Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

DownRiver

I think we need to put respect on his name, and him being our player of the season for two/three seasons in a row. However, his lack of qualities in other areas of his game has come to overshadow his diminishing shot stopping abilities.

Someone

Something
I don't expect him to be great on the ball, but he's a pro, he shouldn't be doing this. He almost pulled a Brentford.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
It's amazing he hasn't cost us more goals this season. His distribution is quite frankly embarrassing.

Abhinav

I was on the fence on whether he should be given another season. His limitations with the ball cannot just be ignored if we plan to play it from the back. Was terrible in the first half.

-Supreme-

No, it’s his passing ability. Nothing to do with concentration, he simply can’t hit the ball 8 out of 10 times.

He should be in same priority category to be replaced like a striker.
I was referring to that specific mistake where he opted to pass to an area with several opposition players and he completely ignored the left side, its obvious the way he aimed that pass he didn’t see the Betis player.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
To be honest, I’d be happy for him to stay for years to come, just not as No.1.

arnie_ni

Don't think he had any chance with the goal but feck me his distribution was awful

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Awful. Can’t wait for him to be moved on.

Shark

@NotShark
I do love the guy and think he's been a great servant to the club but understand why so many want him replaced. Unfortunately his weaknesses are showing themselves too strong to out muscle his obvious strengths.

Olecurls99

His distribution was terrible in the 1st half. Needs to get back on it because that can't continue.

He’s not good enough for us. Spain’s 4th choice keeper. Thank you David but you’re not good enough anymore. Legend but it’s time to go. You can’t catch sweep or kick.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
They stopped giving him the ball in the second half. He has had an average season to be honest. Not amazing, not horrendous. He doesn't suit the style of football the manager wants to play and so should be replaced. He is a club legend though.

The United

I imagine his defenders would be terrified when they have to pass him in the tight areas. The ball would come back to them straight away while being out of position to defend it.

Longshanks

I think his poor distribution was very noticeable because we didn't play long. In recent weeks he has obviously had a licence to hoof it long towards weghorst in the no 10 position.

Tonight there was none of that clearly the instruction was to play out and you see the problems that he causes more obviously then.

Betis in the second half never really pushed us back enough for it to a problem but against better sides...

Malone_Post

We’re at that point where we’d be better off just hoofing it back to their keeper then passing it back to De Gea. Either way we’re gonna lose the ball but at least we’d be losing it in a less dangerous area. He was their biggest threat all game.

He’s just absolutely hopeless. Anyone still defending him is living in fantasy land. Spain binned him of years ago knowing he wasn’t good enough, it’s about time we did the same.

Shimo

That was a disaster-class in the first half. There are going to be a few gleeful about it today.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
What’s annoying is that over the last couple of years when he makes one mistake he just completely loses confidence and makes a few more in the same game. Anyone can make an error but from a seasoned pro you would like a little bit more calmness after a mistake

caid

That was a disaster-class in the first half. There are going to be a few gleeful about it today.
Doubt it when theres another 20 or so games left.
He's obviously not an answer beyond the season. Just hope he holds his shit together long enough to see this one out on respectable terms

Godfather

Scandalous the first half. Thank God Betis stopped playing football in the second so we didn't have to involve him in our football anymore

Sylar

I think we need to put respect on his name, and him being our player of the season for two/three seasons in a row. However, his lack of qualities in other areas of his game has come to overshadow his diminishing shot stopping abilities.
Most here respect him for what he's done.
Some, myself included, just think he's not good enough for what we wanna do or where we want to go.

Goalkeeper is one of the most important positions on the pitch and his biggest strength in seasons past is not there. And with that not strong, his weaknesses can't be hidden.

This isn't an agenda, it's just wanting what's best for the club and choosing the club over a player.

ShinjiNinja26

I love big Dave but his below par distribution is really hampering us right now. I don’t think we’ll truly be able to play Ten Hags brand of football until we sign a keeper who’s a lot more comfortable with the ball at his feet.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's gotten enough respect over the years. There's no room for sympathy unless he wants to drop his wages to a backup level keeper and stay as a backup. As a starter, he is horrible. His shot stopping stats over the season are garbage. He is horrible at playing out from the back. He is useless aerially. Seriously he is just not a good goalkeeper anymore.

SAFMUTD

He needs replacing, he's out of contract in the summer so now its a great time. He's been here a long time and deserves a documentary definitely an important player for us. But hard truth is he's been average for years now. We need top players, he's not one anymore time to move on.

Irwin99

Very fortunate his mistake didn't cost us in the first half, going in 2-1 down might have made for a tougher game.

Sylar

Sometimes you can’t even understand what he is trying to do
First clip is bad cos it goes to their player but at least we had a player in the area.
That second Clip... Yikes

I'm just hoping we can get through and minimise his cup mistakes and he wins the Europa in his final game ...

Oranges038

Yes but he also did sweep once or twice and stopped playing bad passes. That's all most United fans ask of him.
No it's not.

He stopped playing bad passes because he didn't get much of the ball and even when he did he played AWB into the corner once or twice.

When your own teammates won't even give you the ball out of the fear you're going to feck up. You may as well just give up.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
It's kind of ironic. This is possibly the worst passing I've seen from De Gea in a single game and it perfectly illustrates why some people want him gone. And yet none of his mistakes, even when the opponent got a luck deflection, ended up in the back of the net. It goes to show how little distribution means when you look at the big picture.

I cannot prove this, but I'm sure that De Gea's poor distribution practically gives the opponent zero goals, because he knows his limitations for the most part. Meanwhile, keepers like Alisson and Ederson who are confident in their abilities seem to make a few feck ups every season. I'm sure that they have far greater success with their passing overall, but it also comes at a price.

Status
Not open for further replies.